athenaOne

Software EHR para profesionales de la salud.

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 845

Melanie

Medical clinic emr

Revisado el 18/3/2018

Puntos a favor

I loved using Athenaclinicals. It has lots of helpful learning modules to help train staff. Creating reports was a big help as well.

Puntos en contra

Clearing claim holds is a challenge because the language is not alwats easy to interpret! Offering learning modules would help.

Colleen

Athena review

Revisado el 18/10/2019

For the most part excellent. Upgrades and updates seem to have slowed down and I think Athena has leaned more on the Market Place Vendors and less on enhancing included offers. I have made suggestions over the years and have given up as I do not feel the suggestions postings are something that Athena has been able to keep up with.

Puntos a favor

Claims scrubbing software. Our claims go out clean and are paid quickly. Support with MIPS. Reporting capability. Athena Text messaging. Versatility, software runs on any device. Athena text messaging. Monthly account manager calls and metrics. Partnership. Ease of creating order sets and working in clinicals. Market place partnerships are great and enhance the software and functions. Not afraid to be disruptive and things up looking for best and innovative practices.

Puntos en contra

Collector and Communicator insurance card copy do not communicate. Hoping one day soon you will be able to interface with EPIC. The reporting is so good that sometimes I need more support to ensure I am selecting the correct criteria.

Usuario verificado
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Report Data is NOT true data

Revisado el 20/4/2019

Overall experience is one of much dislike to having to "vote" to get improvements. If they wanted to build a practice customizable EMR, they missed the mark gravely. Changes happened in November to the UDS reporting capability. Reports for clinical data were a mess, unreasonable, and horribly incorrect. They need much help with writing the logic in their reporting criteria.

Puntos a favor

Facesheet shows all of the pertinent information on each patient before an encounter is open.
AS LONG AS the clinical staff have updated the chart correctly.

Puntos en contra

I am stating this as a personal opinion that does not represent my present or past employer. I have used this EMR for FIVE (5) years in front office. back office, management, and reports. There are too many workarounds for the providers and support staff. Their logic in reports is insane. Data does not pull accurately, so charts have to be manually checked to see if a measure is actually satisfied. Calling the CSC in FIVE years, has resulted in ONE (1) helpful specialist, the others always have to put in a further review case, which never gets answered logically. I ask specifics and am given back elusive answers that leave me feeling inept, and I know it is this system, not my experience or understanding. ACO and UDS reporting is LOGICAL. The number of patients in a measure, like tobacco screening and cessation, is the denominator. The number of patients that have been screened for use and cessation education is the numerator. Easy to understand. Except Athena report logic doesn't pull accurate data. I have had to manually look at charts to see if the work was done by the clinical staff and change my data reporting that way before I report it out, and as of yesterday, out of 564 charts that "need data" in this report, 75 out of 100 satisfied the measure within the chart but not within the report. This is one example of the problems with the Athena logic, and why I would never recommend this to any FQHC that needs to report data to CCPM, ACO or HRSA.

Candice

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

New - Start with Athena

Revisado el 21/12/2023

My overall experience is great! I have used other ehrs and I find this one to be pleasant on the eyes, intuative and informative.

Puntos a favor

The system is very user friendly once your set up is complete.

Puntos en contra

Set up is very time consuming, not very turn key.

Julie

Bells and whistles

Revisado el 14/10/2019

We are a Family Medicine Residency which makes managing the clinic more complex for us than most clinics because our providers are all part-time, there's Faculty over site of the Residents, and they are learning. We went live 2 1/2 years ago with 75 end-users and have been very successful with Athena. Implementation took about 2 1/2 months and was up to full schedules within 5 weeks of go-live. We've added on Dulcian CCM software which has helped us earn a lot of income doing CCM just documenting time we were missing in our old EHR. We've also implemented electronic check in which has helped get more historical information in our charts and more screeners completed on our patients. We realized a 1 FTE decrease in Medical Records and have realized savings in other areas.

Puntos a favor

There are lots of bells and whistles built into the software and they are moving towards releasing more and improving all the time. Free interfaces make life so much easier for us! Athena listens to users when developing the software, they are visionary with future software needs in order to meet MIPS requirements. Implementation was big but there were people helping us through each step. We have an amazing Account Manager and meet with him once a month to go over open issues and discuss financials. Athena is overall a very forward-thinking company. Athena Marketplace has lots of add-on features to help make your staff's lives easier. We've acclimated well.

Puntos en contra

The tickler system for follow up visits are subject to user errors and need constant review. However, honestly, most recall appointment tools usually do because patients just don't return on time or try to get as much time in between visits as possible. Task assignment over rides (TAO) take some getting used to and are hard to filter for some incoming document situations. I wish there were more filters on the TAOs. Our patients feel like we over-communicate with them so if you go with Athena, make sure you start asking the patients their communication preferences from the first new appointment they schedule with you. It's important to get phone calls unchecked if they do not want reminders in several ways for the same thing. Call campaigns to get patients back in for visits are embellished with their wording and can contradict what you said in your message. ie: You do not need an appointment to get your labs drawn. Then Athena adds You are due for an appointment in the email and you don't even know they are saying that to patients so something to watch. All software has things we wish were different.

EpicCare

Razones para elegir athenaOne

The technology was not keeping up especially in the electronic exchange of records area and making sure we'd have all the tools we needed to meet MIPs.

Razones para cambiar a athenaOne

More freedom to do what we wanted with the product. We're a clinic and Epic was more of a software to use for a hospital system.
Dorothy

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Going in to second year with Athena

Revisado el 31/8/2022

Due to the number of posting errors, frequent changes of account service managers and the need for additional staff to handle the many issues that come up daily, I would never be able to recommend this product to any office.

Puntos a favor

There is really little that I can say about liking this software

Puntos en contra

Everything to do with billing claims and posting the monies. In addition, Athena calls and texts our patients excessively, to the point that a lot of them have opted out of notifications. I have had several patients recently who wanted Athena's number to complain about their service. That is another thing, you do not have the phone number of that one go-to person for assistance when you hit a wall.

Abigail
  • Sector: Cuidado de la salud mental
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Excellent product, poor onboarding implementation.

Revisado el 21/8/2023

AthenaOne allowed our business to consolidate many of our third-party apps into one complete EHR system.

Puntos a favor

AthenaOne is an all-in-one EHR system that has most, if not all, the features one could want in their EHR. If you wish to consolidate your softwares into one product, AthenaOne is a good option.

Puntos en contra

The worst part of AthenaOne was the lengthy onboarding process. While it is to be expected when switching EHR systems, our original sales representative did not give an accurate impression of just how extensive and lengthy the implementation is. Expect to need several full time employees working only on integration for several months.

Tebra

Razones para elegir athenaOne

Valant has poor customer service and is less than satisfactory. It does not have many integrated features, meaning that other third-party applications are needed.

Software anterior

Valant EHR Suite

Razones para cambiar a athenaOne

Athena was faster to reach out and provide a demo. Pricing with athena is a percentage, Kareo is a flat fee.
Mariam

Great Service

Revisado el 21/12/2023

Puntos a favor

We love all the features AthenaOne has to offer.

Puntos en contra

Not being able to send faxes without attaching it to a patient.

Kathryh
Kathryh

Postive Pro's, Countless Cons

Revisado el 26/4/2018

Easy access to clinical providers through Athena Secure Messaging for almost instantaneous responses.

Puntos a favor

Athena Clinicals makes communication a breeze with Athena Text, secure messaging, Patient Case options and special documentation options for any and all patient/clinical staff needs.

Puntos en contra

The medical records system continues to be a painful process through Athena for patients and clinical staff alike. Scanning in documents to not have the information show up in the charting system/ only working with Athena capable providers successfully most of the time makes this a tedious process and errors common.

Brianna
Brianna
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

My only experience with a medical system

Revisado el 14/11/2019

Basic checking in and out, billing, prescription writing

Basic checking in and out, billing, prescription writing

Puntos a favor

With the new update, after searching a patient, you're able to get to different parts of their charts, avoiding unnecessary clicking

Puntos en contra

I wasn't a fan. Running reports if difficult, not a lot of report options. Authorizations are difficult to track

Stephen

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

AthenaHealth meets our needs

Revisado el 11/10/2019

My previous experience is with a large health organization with a home grown EHR. As I was involved in the design of that system, I was initially worried about moving to a vendor product. Thankfully that design experience helped me in the transition over to Athena and allowed my organization to anticipate and mitigate issues with data conversion and implementation that many organizations struggle with when changing systems. Overall our transition was smooth and resulted in minimal loss of productivity.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use with an intuitive interface that works well for ambulatory providers
Company is responsive to issues and "flow-busters"
Near zero downtime
Revenue stream up significantly

Puntos en contra

Athena may not be tailor made to my specialty, but that is a small trade off for up time and interoperability

EpicCare, NextGen Office y Office Practicum

Razones para elegir athenaOne

For my practice, the decision to go with Athena, was based on the fact that we had been using their practice management system for a number of years. Thus the transition to the full EHR system enabled us to minimize cost with implementation and data conversion.

Razones para cambiar a athenaOne

In evaluating systems, far too many providers underestimate the human factors in transition and only focus on the bottom line cost. I've seen many institutions pay low money up front for a system only to be nickel and dimed for every customization. This is not the case with Athena. There may be a higher up front cost with Athena per user, but down the road, these costs balance over time. As someone with a significant amount of EHR design knowledge, I find most of the comments have been over the fact that this system doesn't cater to the individual, but the truth of the matter is that in order for a could based system to function effectively, it must meet the needs of the majority rather than the individual.
Mindy

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Athena EMR

Revisado el 29/10/2021

Overall, very good EMR. Great price. Poor support and improvements on hospital platform

Puntos a favor

Lots of billing intelligence and assistance.

Puntos en contra

They focus heavily on the ambulatory side, and not as much on the hospital side.
Also- long wait times for customer support.

Amber

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Not Tested Prior to Release- Lost Features

Revisado el 20/7/2016

On 7/14, I was notified by a member of our clinical staff that the entire practice would need to go through this training, that it wasn't only for the nurses and physicians. I called Athena for verification and was told that only nurses and physicians needed to follow the training guides.; that it would not affect Billing or any other department. When I pulled the individual within my practice who pointed this out to me to discuss the issue with the Athena rep on the phone, we pointed out that there was special training specifically for the Front Desk Receptionists. It was also mentioned that the Classic view would go away, leaving a Non-Clinician and Clinician view. These affect the entire practice. The rep changed his answer to it may be beneficial to let your receptionists know of this training, but no one else needs it. I went home that even and sat through all of the training. Out entire staff did need to review this information, clinical staff needed Clinical information while clerical staff needed the Front Desk piece because it touched on many things that everyone uses: how to find documents, how to find tasks, how to change views, etc. Friday I sent all clerical staff an e-mail letting them know that training needed to be completed by Monday evening as we had been mislead by Athena, that it wasn't just clinical staff that needed this training, that this new rollout would affect everyone. 7/19 was chaotic because the print margins were reset on many computers to enable shrink to fit with this update, which was not selected before. All of our forms were printing miniaturized until this was figured out. Formatting changes made prior reports read as garbled nonsense. Diagnosis codes were taken away from an area we reference on a daily basis. Instead of going to the chart and clicking on something we want to print (two clicks), it now takes at least 5 clicks (Chart>Visits>Date>Double Arrow>Full Encounter>Print). Half of the time, this does not even print and I have to open up Google Chrome to which it prints a few words and the top two lines of the dictation on page one and the rest of the dictation is on page two. Instead of being able to print 1 page (old facesheet) that has the demographics, insurance, and upcoming appt. on it for our facilities to load our patients into their system for injections, it is no longer an option. When you try to print similar page, the text overlaps and prints on top of each other. Summary: many useful features removed.

Puntos a favor

1) You can access the phone number from the chart.
2) You can reference visit notes while creating a patient case.

Puntos en contra

Having to click multiple places to get to a document that you used to be able to automatically view and print is extremely inefficient. Many useful features that were used on a daily basis have been completely taken away. Athena reps were also rude and untrained. One of our employees actually had to show them how to do something. This should have been tested in a test environment before rolling out live. IT should talk with the daily users prior to making a significant change like this.

Robert

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Unhappy user of this least bad EHR

Revisado el 29/11/2015

Puntos a favor

It is integrated EMR, Billing and Care Management that does help address PCMH, MU, and other complex Government/Insurer issues. First pass billing and payment process works fairly well and seems efficient when there are no errors (see below). Cost is reasonable for the services provided.

Puntos en contra

The base code is absolutely awful. This leads to repeated problems with your interface, incompatibilities, and slow response. If you surf employment sites you will find this a recurring theme noted by ex-employees.

The product has many features that increase the chance for human error and patient harm, and the company refuses to admit or deal with these issues, in fact compounding basic problems in the years I have used it. This user interface would be unacceptable in the aviation industry. Isn't healthcare supposed to be as safety-driven as aviation? Medication lists are not presented in a user friendly way and don't show the difference between what patient was taking before the visit and what has been changed or started/stopped in a meaningful way during and after the visit. This is one of the most dangerous aspects of this software, but by no means the only patient safety issue. When you get a request for a refill, it takes several clicks and screens to find the med history before you make the refill, encouraging you to skip this vital workflow, and penalizing you for following this standard of care if you do follow the workflow.

The support center includes a "community" where you can share your problems and solutions with other users. But it is basically an echo chamber, as the company openly bans anyone who makes repeated negative comments about the product. If you don't agree to their draconian Terms of Use you can't even access this area to get help or learn about the latest updates.

My documentation time per patient after the visit is about 10-12 minutes on average. I refuse to boilerplate my documentation - I deliver personalized care. I have tried to get dictation software from the athenahealth partner Dragon which I believe would shorten this to about 1 minute, but 2 months ago I made my first request to Dragon and still have not heard back after 4 additional attempts from within and outside of athenahealth. If you by Dragon direct, you don't get full interoperability, according to athenahealth. Right now I have zero interoperability.

Too many clicks. I quote another provider who switched to another EMR locally when I asked why he switched out.

Patient Portal does not allow patient to upload a graphic. "Hey Doc, is this a mole I need to worry about?" "Here's what my incision site looks like, is it OK?" "This is the pill the pharmacy gave me, it looks different" and "What the heck is this rash?" are questions you can answer quickly saving patients and you time and effort with other EMR portals. Not athenahealth.

Sheena

5 Star Review

Revisado el 16/2/2017

Our office went live with Athena Communicator and Collector in September of 2013. We had previously used 2 other billers and schedulers/management systems at that point and I have to say we are all glad that we chose Athena. The customer service department and our implementation team were beyond helpful. We appreciate that Athena is ever changing, and always looking to improve the ease of business and quality of care. As we know, no product is ever perfect, but Athena comes pretty darn close. The team at Athena actively listens to concerns and suggestions from their customers. I have dealt with many companies who "understand your struggle" but can't do anything about it or "are very sorry, but that's just the way it is". Athena, is NOT that type of company. They have interactive message boards that you can talk to other practices having issues and also Athena team members, so together a plan can be created to alleviate the problems you are having. Not to say EVERYTHING can be as perfect as you want it, but there have been enough changes in Athena where the direct action was taken from a concern or complaint that makes us as a customer feels valued and understood. A real testament to Athena should be that we looked at their Clinicals product in 2013, but our provider didn't see enough of what he was looking for to change from our current EMR to Athena Clinicals at that time. However, at the end of 2016 we revisited the idea and did some more demos, the Clinical product has changed so much (in a good way) that we have chosen to switch and are looking at implementation in March of 2017. All of our office staff and our providers feel that Athena is a solid product that helps us streamline our workflows and provide better patient care. We are very excited to embark on our next Athena journey and couldn't be happier with the products and support.

Puntos a favor

Ease of Use, Rarely any system downtimes or system issues, Receptive customer service and account managers, Transparency you can see everything that has happened and who did it

Puntos en contra

This product is the most costly that we have used, however, we have definitely made more in revenue by using Athena than not.

Meredith
  • Sector: Cuidado de la salud mental
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

year 1 of pure and utter hell

Revisado el 26/1/2018

i am so sick of apologizing to patients, looking like i am a moron and staying hours later ( sometimes 1am compared to previous (functional) ehr where 730pm was the record and i’d occasionally miss the gym before closing...now i have suspended the gym membership). do not get. if you have any standards and clicking boxes does not suffice for your standards, or if you expect reliability and functionality, this ehr will drive you mad!!!

Puntos a favor

it’s search feature was useful ONE TIME compared to our old ehr. ..the training team was nice and appeared competent. appreciate e-prescribing controlled substances WHEN IT actually WORKS AND ACTUALLY GETS THERE AFTER YOU’VE BEEN ALERTED THAT IT HAD!!!!!!!!!

Puntos en contra

I am facile in computers and code to some extent. i am picky about my notes but am creative and work around a lot of garbage and always have without as much as a groan and am considered quite agreeable. HOWEVER, the word ATHENA incites rage in me. portal doesn’t work. can’t preload notes until pt checked in. this is bad for new patients in my specialty. when highlighting text, it does not overwrite. you have to press delete and type. finding documents is a frickin scavenger hunt. 5 or 6 clicks before you can even start seeing a pt. viewing labs is torture. viewing med list is torture. documents get redirected capriciously when scanned. one hopes and prays an rx went through when it said it did. we have initiated a boatload of safety concerns to our quality department but get tired of doing it. customer support...god help me. portal does NOT work. can’t dispose of certain things on your dang list until weeks of dedicated manpower exhausted. when things supposedly fixed, they will not tell you what the issue was or how they fixed it AND IT STILL DOESN’T WORK. Feedback on labs from provider ( and pretty much anything) involves an archaeological dig to unearth. reminders for appointments via text cannot be adjusted so for a 15 min earlier arrival ( thus pts get rather upset)...i’ve been told of billing quirks (it was supposed to be our savior or something). communication with other healthcare systems blows as no one else was stupid enough to get this. problem lists are imported from the previous (functional) ehr and translated into things like “rage and unsocialized behavior in an adult” when original dx was something like “anger issue”...leaving some pts in tears before you talk them down...some documents sent to you are never received. so hard to differentiate to a pt the origin of an error. you look like you don’t know jack to a pt when using this ehr saying things like (after several deep breaths)...” if they said they sent it, it’s very possible they did; however i do not see it ...i would recommend that they mail the document to me as if they fax it, it will be hijacked by the system....here is an addressed, stamped envelope for them to send it in...i greatly apologize for the delay this has caused in your treatment.”.

JANETTE

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Doing very well with athenahealth as our EMR

Revisado el 21/6/2016

Puntos a favor

I like that athenahealth is always getting ahead of new changes in the medical community so that we are easily transitioned into, say, ICD 10. I like that athenahealth is really pro-active in helping the medical practices to streamline their office to meet these changes head-on without fear of being left hanging out to dry on, say, getting paid on time. I like that athenahealth provides you with a terrific support group of CSC folks who will take your calls or read your questions/inquiries and find the answers for you. I mean, honestly, I usually don't have time to go and look for the answers myself in the library and training videos (although for those who do have the time, these are great tools) so I am so very, very glad that I have a great support team behind me. I like that athenahealth allows us to share medical information for our patients, after their consent, to other medical practices and/or hospitals easily because the patient's medical care is the most vital aspect in this service community. I like that athenahealth is really very respectful of the fine line between helping the practice flourish and not stepping on toes or overstepping their role.

Puntos en contra

Lately, when using the message board for asking questions that aren't too urgent, I find that the response takes more than a couple of weeks. It used to be that the turnaround time was a week at the most. When the response is so late, I forget what my questions were and I have to go back to re-investigate so I can resolve the issue. I've read a lot of other posts about calling in and being put on hold for a long time. When we first started with athenahealth, I did not have that trouble and I was calling upwards of 10x a day on a daily basis for a while. Lately, I rarely call but thankfully, I haven't been put on hold for more than 5 minutes. And I still do like having the ability to call when my question is urgent and I can get the help I need right away.

Christina

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Look at all EMR/EHR options

Revisado el 14/2/2017

We have been with Athena now for about 5 years. This is the first and only EMR I or my staff have experience with so we have nothing to compare it to. As with anything, Athena has its pros and cons. When you call customer service, hold times are typically short and you speak to helpful people. When we first started, and up until recently, Athena was very easy to use, intuitive, and everything was at the tips of your fingers, as far as the chart and scheduling, until they implemented what they call Streamlined. It's not streamlined, at all. It's terrible. It is very difficult to use, to find documents, and it's not easy to use or intuitive. And they force you to label documents which are very time consuming and our office doesn't benefit from it. Streamlined has slowed down everyone from the doctors to the administrative staff. It has added an additional 5-8 minutes to tasks. When referring patients to other doctors it was extremely simple until streamlined. Now it is extremely difficult. Check in takes way to long with the many many clicks you must do. They have changed the insurance packages and combined many that shouldn't be and it makes it very difficult for claim follow up and to run reports. The billing aspect is a bit more difficult, always has been. You must watch the posting team of Athena. They make many mistakes, such as billing the contractual write off to the patient, double posting payments, repeatedly asking for information like the log in info after its already been provided, not posting remits that were sent to them, posting to the wrong accounts, writing off balances that are payable without you knowing. You get the picture.

Pleasant customer service reps
Athena will submit claims

Time consuming
Posting team makes many errors
Not user friendly
Charting is very difficult
Intake is time consuming

jane

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

I am a provider and have used this system for over one year.

Revisado el 19/6/2016

Puntos a favor

The prompts that help with RAF scores and star ratings is useful. I like the minichart feature and the meds data that pops up so I know what meds pts have been filling or getting elsewhere. I like the format for the assessment/plan and ordering of labs/studies/meds. I like that you can trend data like vital signs and labs.

Puntos en contra

THE BOX TO VIEW RESULTS IS A SMALL WINDOW IN WHICH YOU CAN ONLY SEE A LITTLE PART OF THE LABS AT A TIME AND HAVE TO SCROLL FOREVER TO SEE THE WHOLE THING. PLEASE ATHENA CHANGE YOUR VIEWING SCREEN FOR LAB RESULTS.
The scrolling action for everything is cumbersome and wastes so much time; there should be tabs that take you to each part of the note- the "jump to" feature is not the same and only works when you're working from the "exam" tab. It's hard to find old labs/notes/results unless you scroll, scroll, scroll through past notes. The more times the pt has been there the more scrolling you have to do to find things. There is no tab for imaging studies/labs/consults, etc.
**There is also no way to mark the incoming labs/documents/etc in your inbox to know that you've already viewed them; you may want to hold on to them for some reason but if you can't label that you've viewed it, the next time you open your inbox you keep reopening the same ones to check if it's an old or new document. This wastes time because each click takes a while to load. The system often seems slow even though our internet connection is fine. Jumping from one thing to another causes you to lose the window you were in.
There is no easy way to mark charts you want to make reminder notes for yourself on; you have to make a pt case each time and that crowds your pt case box. When someone replies to a pt case or sends a lab/imaging result back with notes it ends up back in my box but not marked as read or unread and sometimes I dont open because I think it's still the same old note/result I'm saving.
If I want to make suggestions to Athena there's no one to talk to about these things.

Elene

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Amazing ease of use for providers.

Revisado el 16/2/2017

EMRs are dinosaurs and no other industry would accept the dysfunction that we do (because CMS forces us to). Athena updated in May 2016 and now it is even more functional. I have a solo practice. I have ADD and scanning up and down the page to add details was exhausting. Now the sections (Review/HPI/ROS/PE/A&P) are at the top and I can go back and forth easily. If the patient gives me more details during the A and P then I just click on HPI and add the details, then click on A and P again. No scanning. While I am working on the progress note, I can go to diagnosis list, med list, lab and x-ray results, previous visits without going out of the note. The day is much less painful. Unfortunately, I am paying way too much and they will not renegotiate so be aggressive before you sign up. Customer support is good. As the provider base has grown, the support gets less effective. I know more than many of the support staff. They tell me things cannot be done and I have to figure out, often by mistake, how to do what I want. The implementation coordinator did not understand much of what she was doing and after implementation, it is almost painful to fix basic things. Much of it has not been fixed. The first year I almost went under financially and I spent all my savings to survive. My revenues are still not what they were. It did not help that Athena lost $ worth of checks and did not help me get them re-issued.

Puntos a favor

Ease of completing progress notes. Really really easy referrals. Accessibility of lab and imaging results. Consult notes not lost. Nothing lost. Confirmations by the system. Eligibility checked repeatedly. They have an interface with all the labs already so you don't have to pay to reinvent the wheel.

Puntos en contra

I hate the letter format and cannot get it fixed. The financial piece promised much more than it actually does.

DIEGO ITZJAK
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Athena satisfactions

Revisado el 18/10/2019

It has been overall satisfactory

It has been overall satisfactory

Puntos a favor

Ability to obtain raw data to measure outcomes

Puntos en contra

Standards to ensure that table building spaces can easily be audited and evaluate outcomes on table spaces
Reports and communicator have limited capabilities
Uds data reporting and non use of super users to provide support

Cate
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

Our "Alliance" with Athena

Revisado el 26/2/2019

As a smaller local hospital we did not utilize Athena for our hospital ERM however our physicians network did. The system utilized by the hospital and Athena utilized by the physicians network did not communicate therefore information would need to be manually obtained for a patient who had a primary care physician within our own network that had been admitted to our hospital. Confusing for both nursing staff and the patient who was having to give a complete history and physical all over again. I was granted access to the Athena to act a liaison between hospital and physician. I found while utilizing Athena that it provided a valuable quick overview of patient demographics, medical history, medications, etc. However, while reviewing things such as medications I found that the system allowed not only for duplications but for entries to be saved as "free text" or saved while incomplete (missing drug strength, frequency, etc.). I was also disappointed to find that while I had access to this information, there was no quick way to share the information with other providers other than to print and fax or hand carry to patient chart on the hospital floor. A positive thing about Athena was that is was very easy to navigate so when a patient was admitted to our facility there was no digging through the last 12 months of patient follow-up visits to locate what they were last seen for, what medications they were prescribed, etc. Ease of use was certainly not the issue.

Puntos a favor

Fairly easy to navigate, allows for a quick overview of patient demographics, medical history, medications, etc.

Puntos en contra

For whatever reason coding allows for a lot of duplication or for information to be incomplete.

Elaine

So easy to use

Revisado el 22/2/2017

We have used Athena for almost 5 years and it has helped us to run our practice so much more smoothly. The system works so well from scheduling to check out for each patient. When scheduling and entering insurance, a practice can immediately see if the insurance is valid (we barely remember those annoying calls to verify insurance), the medical record allows the patient to move through the office smoothly allowing everyone involved to enter the relevant information. In the past, we had problems with insurers which seemed to continually refuse to pay certain claims no matter how many times we corrected them. With Athena's scrubbing of claims they drop and get paid extremely quickly. Some of those "difficult" insurers are now top five payers!! The automated reminder and balance calls have freed up staff to attend to the increased patient flow. We have been so happy with Athena from day one, can't say enough good things about this system!

Puntos a favor

Reminder calls, insurance validation, eligibility and phone daily report, ticklers that remind patient to schedule an appointment if not done at check out, ease of entering/dropping claims, ability to generate useful and custom reports, day end review allows you to see if any claims need corrections immediately

Puntos en contra

Streamlined version seems to require more clicks and sometimes the co-pay is not applied to the date it is paid which can be confusing

Beth

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Idea is cool, but a few glitches..

Revisado el 19/7/2016

Athenanet is okay, I was able to learn it quickly but I still get frustrated with some things; it's not my preferred EMR system but it's not the worst either; I like that there's Athena-people that help the business but sometimes I think they're lazy and don't follow-up with a lot; if you're going to help, HELP, don't just leave things undone and be like, "oops I tried but not my problem" basically...

Puntos a favor

I like that the flow of my day is pretty well maintained b/c of athenanet, it's pretty easy to follow since the last big update

Puntos en contra

There's TOO much info sometimes and is very repetitive; if I could label things myself like we do on our regular computers and not be forced to put things in specific spots. I don't like if I have a case open, you personally have to make sure to check on it otherwise they say basically "if we don't hear from you in 5 days, we assume it's good and close the issue"- why isn't there an alert system when you've responded? AND don't put it in the news/messages b/c NOBODY checks that, it's a waste of space basically and adds additional task of checking for nonsense b/c we communicate already through the chart via the yellow alerts or in a case or in the instant messaging

Too many steps/repetitive, once the dr reviews labs, she can put it in our box and then I will call the pt and then once I close it, let it be closed.. why would it go to the Notify box now? I've already notified the pt... Why when we print labs from the exam does it go to staff inbox, clearly we've printed it so now I just waste 5 seconds opening it up just to close out of it....

HOWARD

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

frustrated user

Revisado el 16/8/2016

Puntos a favor

Easy charting. The billing software works well. There is little else positive I can say.

Puntos en contra

There are multiple clinically important flaws within the software. The medication list that the patient sees has no resemblance to the true list that the physician sees. Inaccurate information abounds. The patient sees no instructions on how to take their meds. The completed clinic note is jumbled, with the HPI buried halfway between the Review of Systems and the Family History. It takes 15 clicks of the mouse to refill a prescription. When we send a refill authorization to the pharmacy the patient gets no notification that the work was done. If you order something from Amazon, you get an immediate order confirmation. Not so with Athena. The problem list in the chart is listed in some random illogical order -- so the diagnosis of cerumen impaction can head the list while something important like DM, CHF or COPD might end up at the bottom of the list. The fees that Athena charges are outrageously high. They take a percentage of your collections, so as you'd expect, they work very hard to collect every penny for you. They don't work very hard to improve the part of the EMR that provides excellent patient care. I could go on and on .....but the most discouraging fact is that when the company is alerted to software glitches, or issues that could really improve patient care, NOTHING IS DONE. Its not like it takes a few weeks to correct the problems. MONTHS go by and THERE IS NO RESPONSE.....NO CORRECTIVE ACTION.