Float

Aplicación de programación de recursos para agencias, estudios y empresas.

(1.315)
Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 1315

Aidan D.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Beautifully simple and easy to use

Revisado el 26/1/2019

Float is a product I like using, and I wish some of its features and UX elements were in the other software that I use! We use Synergist for job and project management, but Float for scheduling because it UX is so much better than Synergist's scheduler tool.

Puntos a favor

Float's user interface and logic are inspirational. They have made the activity of coordinating multiple resources on multiple projects about as easy as it can be. They have paid a lot of attention to usability, efficient use of screen real estate and simple navigation. However the killer feature is the intuitive yet clever way that searching and data navigation work. All searching and filtering is done using a single search field, which offers indexed word search on pretty much everything including tags. There is also a well-worked out protocol for handling union and intersect searches.

Puntos en contra

The only real bugbear is that any user that can enter data into the system can define new values for any field. It isn't possible to centrally control lists such as task names, clients, job descriptions etc. This means that if you have more than one person using the system, very quickly you get different versions of the same thing being defined (e.g. job roles being slightly different) which makes it difficult to analyse across records. Not a dealbreaker, but I do think it should be possible to lock down lists of values. Also it would be good if you could zoom out the view a little more - if you're dealing with more than a dozen resources/projects.

Lewis F.
  • Sector: Ingeniería industrial o mecánica

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

You might manage without it, but you really shouldn't

Revisado el 17/6/2022

Good, really helps to smooth things out by communicating the schedule to everyone concerned, easy to learn and use, support is fast and friendly.

Puntos a favor

Zapier integration, user interface/layout, ability for others to view the schedule without being a billed user, flexibility, detailed reporting function, contstant improvements and updates.

Puntos en contra

I'd like to have employee birthdays displayed on the schedule somehow, other calendars use suitable icons e.g. cake with candles. There's really nothing else important I'd ask for.

Toggl Plan

Razones para cambiar a Float

Better layout and interface, does it's job of resource management very well without becoming a bloated jack of all trades master of none, easy to use, per user pricing was acceptable.
Linta N.
  • Sector: Productos farmacéuticos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

Good for scheduling

Revisado el 21/6/2022

Puntos a favor

Colour block look, ease of access, can click on a task to see the details, can sync to calendar and can see what the whole team is doing as well as long-term project management

Puntos en contra

Slow, lags especially on calls, sync sometimes doesn't work with calendar.

Martijn D.
  • Sector: Diseño

Great tool!

Revisado el 15/6/2022

Overall we love to use float. We especially like the time logging features.

Puntos a favor

The interface has a great overview. Adding projects and tasks is intuitive and the colours make every tasks and project stand out. Logging time is really easy. We were not interested in a "log-per-minute" type of application but rather one where you can just log bigger blocks. Float helped us plan and log our time better.

Puntos en contra

Planning a project is not super extensive. Float has some tools but the tools are a bit limited. The time tracking feature is the feature we use the most, it is a shame that is not available separately.

Stephan L.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Float made scheduling a breeze

Revisado el 15/6/2022

Job scheduling across a large team is now much easier. Integrating with our job management tool saves time on timesheet management and ensures jobs don't go over on time.

Puntos a favor

One dashboard, one overview of all resources and it integrates with our job creation tool which makes it super easy for timesheets. Moving jobs to other days is just a drag and drop away.

Puntos en contra

It would be awesome, if a job doesn't exist in our job management tool, if float could create it via push.

Amanda F.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

One of the better project management tools out there

Revisado el 5/9/2019

Puntos a favor

I like that you can split bookings and set different hours on different dates, rather than blanket booking a full resource.

Puntos en contra

I dislike that you must click more than 2 times to add a new project. It's an extra step that I find a bit more cumbersome than other project tools.

Pauline I.

Good ressource management software

Revisado el 21/6/2022

Puntos a favor

It's a good software for scheduling people's time on projects, seeing at a glance who is available and when, and who is working on each project. We can easily categorise people into teams, roles etc and then do quick searches. It's also really easy for every employee to log their time spent on projects so that we know what to invoice to clients.

Puntos en contra

It's not great for managing the budget of a project: the reports are really limited so you have to do a csv export if you want to do in depth analysis.

Dimitri V.

Great user friendly tool

Revisado el 14/6/2022

Fantastic experience so far!

Puntos a favor

It is so easy to use, to log time, to get insights and create/visualize reports/actuals in a project delivery context so just AWESOME!

Puntos en contra

Nothing that comes to mind, it's really a great product

monday.com

Razones para cambiar a Float

Price and features/ not overkill of functionalities we won't use at this stage

Accessible task management via Float

Revisado el 22/6/2022

In general, Float has assisted us in moving across from one system to another without disruption.

Puntos a favor

The presentation of all the features makes use of the software easy for technical and non-technical users alike. That reduces time spent in training users.

Puntos en contra

I guess the need to log in is a very mild pain point, but a necessary one.

Melanie C.

New User - Very Impressed

Puntos a favor

I really like how easy it is to use, that's the main thing! I have never used it before but within 15 minutes I'd managed to schedule all my projects. I also like the budget tracking element - I have quite a complicated project with a less than 2% tolerance with the budget and Float has been invaluable helping me track that.

Puntos en contra

I find it's quite hard to export the data which we need for our invoicing - I end up exporting it in Excel and then having to copy and paste. I would love it if there was some sort of invoicing feature in float so we could generate them at source!

Roger B.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Development company taking next steps in project management

Revisado el 14/8/2020

A very positive experience allowing the company I work for to get better more accurate project plans and financial reports.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use as a one stop shop, browser based to allow all the development team (and subsiduary but linked teams) to see important dates like dev complete, bug fix windows, cert windows and release dates.

The ability to quickly block out time for features and projects.
The ability to add notes and details to tasks.
Fully fleshed out holiday and time off structure.
Robust financial reports possible with very high degree of accuracy for budget per project, per quarter, per annum.

We used to get by with using Excel, we invested in Float and it has taken the companies' project planning to the next step. I would recommend Float for small to mid sized companies definitely, it is a great product boost and good way of reporting and seeing issues early.

Puntos en contra

it does not allow you to easily move a bunch of small tasks along in the timeline, that's my only main gripe, you can't band box select you have to shift select. Everything else is intuitive and easy.

monday.com

Razones para elegir Float

Excel was clunky and out schedule was increasing in ambition and scope.

Microsoft Excel

Razones para cambiar a Float

the website and videos showing features were clear and clean and one of my peers had previous experience and good reviews of the product and we were given a gratis time period to try things out, this helped us alot in making sure Float was the product for us.
Merle D.
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Integral part of our internal production process

Revisado el 13/8/2020

Float has honestly been a game changer for our studio and as a result, the wider business. The minute we first started using the platform, it transformed the way we visualise our busy schedules and communicated with the wider teams about our availability and timelines. It's made our lives easier and simplified the overall production process - taking a lot of guesswork and confusion out of the equation.

Puntos a favor

The simplicity and immediacy of the timeline interface is massively important for digesting and understanding an often hectic and clogged schedule. Customisation of clients, projects and tasks means that we can see, at a glance, exactly what clients and projects we are working with - it takes a lot of the project management stress out of the process for teams like mine, who need to focus on their own tasks at hand.

Puntos en contra

I think there could be more options to input information within the tasks in a schedule - although there is a notes section, it would be great to see more integration with other platforms like the Google suite (Drive, slides, docs) that could streamline our process even more.

Asana, monday.com y Slack

Cost, ease, user experience
Nathalye L.
  • Sector: Diseño

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great tool for visibility of projects

Revisado el 17/8/2020

Overall my experience as an active user of Float has been great, it is very simple to use, and allows management to keep projects organized.

Puntos a favor

The bird's eye feature is a must, it allows for full visibility of the whole team, or segments of it, and allows managers to keep track of current, past, and upcoming projects.

Puntos en contra

Time report integration, we use Harvest and we have to use a different partner for this.

Trello

Brid's eye view feature

Favro

Respuesta de Float Traducir a español

Hi Nathalye,

Thanks so much for your review! We don't currently have any direct integrations with other time tracking tools. We do have time tracking available as an additional feature though on Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on their work schedule. https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking

You're welcome to try this add-on free for 30 days. An Account Owner can activate this from the Team Settings page inside Float.

If you need any help or have further questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Thanks again for the review!

Cheers,
Siobhan

Brad W.

Float review for Audio Visual Studio

Revisado el 17/1/2019

With using Float we have been able to have one central, accessible platform for the team to schedule tasks and projects and to assign them to the relevant individuals, sometimes weeks ahead of the deadlines. This has improved the teams overall planning of jobs and has allowed us to see what we can take on, what we need to reschedule and at times when we have to call in additional help to meet the deadlines. Float is quite easy to use and is improving all the time with new features. For us as an audio and design studio it has become an essential tool in our day to day operations that has benefited our overall productivity.

Puntos a favor

As a busy audio and visuals studio the biggest advantage we have seen with using Float is the scheduling feature. This allows us to schedule when projects and tasks need to take place, and who is working on and responsible for each project and task. As we have a number of people on our team and often numerous projects on the go at one time, Float has allowed us to better coordinate everything and has become vital in ensuring that projects and tasks are completed on time by each individual team member. As a team we can view the overall workload and time frames involved, while as an individual you can keep track of what tasks or projects you are working on and what projects you can or can not take on due to scheduling.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes the administrator /account owner has certain scheduling permissions and can add projects for individual team members int he scheduling feature. This is great but when these scheduled tasks or projects need to be changed or reshuffled it can only be done by the admin person / account owner and not the individual. There have been times when the admin person has not been available and I have needed to change the scheduled projects created by the admin person but have not been able to and have had to wait for the admin person to do it. This is the only downside so far that I have experienced using Float.

Jonathan K.
  • Sector: Ocio, viajes y turismo
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5.001-10.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

So Glad I Found this Software!

Revisado el 5/8/2019

Overall, it has been a value add to the way we do things. We were using Google Sheets to schedule and calculate bandwidth before and the limitations were severe. I'm thrilled that we now have an easier and more attractive way to plan work!

Puntos a favor

I like the ease of use for bandwidth calculation. Before Float, it would be very difficult for us to understand Trainer occupancy, and it was also a challenge to schedule trainings far in advance over several regions. With Float, I can see what's coming up at a glance and provide accurate reports to stakeholders so that they know how busy we are and will be. At the end of the quarter, I can easily calculate and show how much time we spent, and on what.

Puntos en contra

For my specific use, access can be a challenge. I need something between "Project Manager" and "Member." For me, it would be ideal if there are a "Department Manager" role where people who had this level of access could modify the schedule for anyone in their department, but not see or edit the schedule of other departments.

Colby G.
  • Sector: Construcción

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A fantastic, easy to use software that gets the job done

Revisado el 16/8/2020

Puntos a favor

The simplicity of Float was what sold it for us. As a company with around 90 very busy engineers and designers, entering workload data needed to take less than 5 minutes. With Float we can do this. Once all the data is in Float, managers can easily see who needs more work and who is overloaded. Support is also fantastic. The instant message service on the website always gets a fast response.

Puntos en contra

No major issues. If I had to nitpick, I had to create a workaround to allow all employees to be able to automatically see every project in the system sithout assigning it to them. To do this I had to make every user an admin. But this works fine.

Resource Management

Razones para elegir Float

Excel was very manual, cumbersome and time consuming.

Microsoft Excel

Razones para cambiar a Float

The ease of use was critical to us. Float did everything we needed it to.
Davy H.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Excellent tool for team scheduling and follow-ups

Revisado el 2/8/2019

Our company went from 1 to 5 people in the past year. We also have interns or students that are only here for a while. We now have a tool that allows us to follow up projects and team schedules in a very clear way without creating big overhead costs. It works fast and efficient for us.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use. We can view the schedule of the entire team in one screen and make instant changes if necessary.

Puntos en contra

When creating tasks, the difference between creating projects and clients can be annoying. Also: provide more colours! ;-)

Teamleader y Google Sheets

Razones para elegir Float

Google Sheets was becoming to complicated to follow up billable hours, tasks and schedules. Float brought all of those together for our team.

Google Sheets

Razones para cambiar a Float

Google Sheets was not efficient anymore. Teamleader had too many features for our current needs and would have created more overhead costs.
Rawiri H.

How Float works for us

Revisado el 18/8/2020

After using the Trial, we found the best way to apply it to our business and implemented quickly for Live usage. We have been using Float daily since and it has been successful in providing a complete overview of staff workload and availability. It provides clarity for future scheduling.

Puntos a favor

* Provides an overview of scheduled work and staff availability for forecasting and scheduling
* Ability to assign consultants to specific projects, while also assigning individual tasks.
* Minimal duplication of work as the system maintains the lifetime of the projects
* Ability to link to Jira tasks
* Easy to schedule timeframes
* Can view based on teams or individuals

Puntos en contra

Not a lot we didn't like, but it would be great to have;
* Task breakdowns
* Two way Jira linking (Currently only from Jira)
* Pull more data from Jira (Timeframes etc)

Todoist y Trello

Razones para elegir Float

It didn't provide an overview of staff availability for forecasting purposes

Razones para cambiar a Float

It covered some of the basic features of Asana but providing an overview of staff available and scheduled work, which was a higher priority for us.
Tomasz F.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Resource planning in big picture

Revisado el 9/9/2019

Float is great tool that helps us in three ways:

1. Planning resources in the near future - thanks to this we can easily know what specialist and when will have free time for some short maintenance or start new project.

2. Planning time off office days

3. Get statistics about how much time was spend in which project in wide perspective and quickly check who and when was working on what milestone off the project for client reports.

Puntos a favor

How easy it is. To book resource or edit time range you only need a few clicks or drag and drop.

Puntos en contra

It will be nice to get notifications about not booked time of some resource and small tool for moving all booked resources for a given project in time.

Harvest y Mavenlink

Razones para elegir Float

Paymo was slow and has bad mobile app

Paymo

Razones para cambiar a Float

Nice UI, easy to set up, fast to add and modify
Christian D.
  • Sector: Telecomunicaciones

Float Review

Revisado el 17/1/2019

We used to use a HUGE white board and dry erase markers for our schedule. We thought that this was the best way for us to tackle our job scheduling and Float was met with a bit of resistance once the boss said we were going to try it.
WOW, were we wrong. I would never look back now that we are using Float. One of the best tools we ever used. We are scheduling anywhere from 18 to 26 techs on this program and I fully encourage anyone even thinking of possibly trying out a program for scheduling to do your self a favor and try out Float. I'd be shocked if your not impressed by it.

Puntos a favor

Kudos to you guys! I love the newer faster Float! You are making my job much easier & faster. Love the faster navigating/scrolling and the changing of a task’s time by scrolling on the schedule up or down beats the hell out of having to open the task and do it from there.
Love the new feature that you can hover over the work task and the notes appear without having to open the task.

Great job, keep it up!

Puntos en contra

Would like to be able to move a task to the afternoon (or lower in the cell) for a day where it is not a full days worth of hours and there is nothing else for that employee that day. Example, I have a technician on a 4 hour training course and it is in the afternoon. He has nothing else scheduled that day but I can't move the task lower in the cell so it looks like it is scheduled for the morning. It would be nice if you could hover over the "Time off" cells and see the notes associated with it , like you can for a work task, without having to open the "time off" cell.

Ben K.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Simple and powerful resource management tool to manage team workload

Revisado el 5/8/2020

We really love Float and it’s been a game changer in effectively managing our resources across projects. We now have a clear view on our resource pipeline and it’s allowed project managers to better utilise team based on availability and make more informed hiring decisions.

Puntos a favor

Easy to setup and use without any training required. Clean interface that makes it easy to view and update resources assigned to projects. Love the ability to easily drag to extend duration of tasks assigned.

Puntos en contra

Would be great if there was a better integration with our timesheet tool (Xero) to populate timesheets automatically based on plan in Float.

Respuesta de Float Traducir a español

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your review! I've passed your Xero integration request to our team.

I also wanted to let you know that we do have a time tracking add-on in Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on the work schedule. You can find out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking.

All Float users can try time tracking free for 30 days. The Account Owner needs to activate this from the Team Settings in Float.

If you want a demo of how it works, or have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Thanks again for the review!

Cheers,
Siobhan

Adam S.

Solid Product

Revisado el 27/6/2022

It's helped us grow a lot and help more people. It's really helped us spend less time doing admin work and more time doing real work and helping people. It takes some getting used to and commitment but it's beautifully designed, intuitive, and a big part of our success.

Puntos a favor

How easy it is to use. It's easy to jump in and also complicated enough that you can really use some advanced features.

Puntos en contra

There are of course small issues here and there but none worth mentioning at all. It's truly a great product and really helpful.

• Sector: Aprendizaje en línea

Great Visual Tool for Resource Management

Revisado el 1/8/2019

We've been able to better project planning times for business needs coming in. When we know how long something takes via Float, we're able to give clearer milestones to our clients and we can manage our internal deadlines better. When you're able to take a quick peak at Float and see what someone is working on for the next few days, it's a more efficient way to manage resourcing expectations internally and across business units internally.

Puntos a favor

With Float, I love that you can make instant decisions on capacity management. I can assign someone a scheduled task and easily move the task back and forth between two team members if needed. It's a great visual tool to see how long people are spending in a certain area and to help plan ahead for the future. It gives a full visual picture of capacity and resource management, which can be hard to do. I love that you're able to assign color coding and different notes to each project, so you can monitor the health of the project properly and understand how many people are actually touching it.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes, there are some small glitches that happen, where you make an update and it either disappears or adds additional time to someone's schedule (making them fully at capacity). There aren't many cons to this application other than that because sometimes it can just take a lot of refreshing and some rework because sometimes the refreshes can cause a loss in information inputted.

Joseph B.
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Intuitive and helpful software, let down by occasional performance issues

Revisado el 9/9/2019

Although I list here several cons, I think these are far outweighed by the practical benefits of using the product, and certainly don’t dampen the experience too much. My experience so far with Float has been one of trying to make it reflect reality, and encourage adoption within our organisation. I think the real advantage of using it will be one project managers are widely aware of its benefits, and proactively use it to resource projects and keep abreast of changes in the availability of our team.

Puntos a favor

Float is an incredibly intuitive piece of software to use, with a simple calendar-like interface that everyone can understand. I have found that this aspect of the software is helpful in promoting its adoption within our teams. The experience is consistent across the product, which has allowed me to discover more and more features in and enrich the experience of using the product.

Puntos en contra

The performance of the software is occasionally a bit lacklustre. For example, I often find myself accidentally clicking somewhere on the screen which prompts a dialogue box to open to enter a new task. This problem is especially pronounced when using a trackpad, and isn’t something that I experience elsewhere. Additionally, the interface seems to have a strange way of ‘splitting’ tasks that occur across multiple days. I have found that it often leaves blank gaps that give the illusion that a team member is working more hours per day than they actually are.

There are a few features that I would like to see when going forward. Firstly, I think it would be good if there were different options when ‘resizing’ a task. Currently, the task can be resized independently across both axes (i.e. how many hours per day, and across how many days). I think it would be good if there were an option for these to affect each other – i.e. the total number of hours allocated to the project remains the same and could be allocated fewer hours across more days, or more hours across fewer days.

• Sector: Internet
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

Program Manager using Float

Revisado el 11/2/2019

We are using Float in our organization to manage resource allocation and we have been using it for the last 3 years. It has been mostly great and enhanced our resource allocation amazingly and provided great visibility into resourcing across different programs and into the future. We use Float to track Holidays and vacation across all regions (worldwide), we use it to forecast allocation and revenue across the team per each project. Permissions are straightforward and allow us to control what we want. We can keep projects as tentative while awaiting for the contract and still allocate people to provide visibility into anticipated resourcing load. Overall Float has been great for us and I would recommend it to any organization providing services and focused around resourcing their team. Float has been constantly evolving and you can notice the difference and improvements rolled out weekly if not daily. Thank you for your work Float team!

- Easy of use
- Performance
- Interface
- Good visibility into my resources and their load

Puntos en contra

- There were couple glitches and numerous updates in January but that is resolved now
- Previously performance was not great, but there are great improvements recently on that part
- Adding holidays could be easier
- When grouped by project I'd like Float to show all assigned project for people, not only specified project