Hightail

Comparte archivos y colabora en proyectos creativos con Hightail.

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 287

robert
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Intuitivo y Eficiente

Revisado el 9/11/2022

Puntos a favor

Me ha gustado mucho la interface. Es bien intuitiva y facil de usar. En la industria de diseño, animacion y programacion, compartir archivos de gran tamaño es una tarea cotidiana. Este software es perfecto para ello.

Puntos en contra

Las pocas veces que he necesitado soporte tecnico, no ha estado a la altura. Pero son pocas veces ya que el software en si es muy intuitivo y sencillo de usar

Alternativas consideradas

Dropbox Business y WeTransfer

Razones para cambiar a Hightail

En principio solo porque un colega me lo recomendo. Creo que tenia otro nombre antes de llamarse hightail. Pero luego habiendo utilizado las otras plataformas, que son muy buenas tambien, sobre todo Dropbox, pero Hightal ha porbado ser la mas intuitiva y sencilla de usar en mi opinion
  • Sector: Productos lácteos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Hightail is the Answer for Finicky Firewalls and Filesharing

Revisado el 6/4/2021

Hightail has come to my rescue time and time again, when I'd get that dreaded "This file exceeds your email server's capacity restrictions" message. I highly recommend for any creative or marketer with filesharing needs.
*please note-I have only used the filesharing aspect of this software

Puntos a favor

Hightail is literally the only software we've been able to use to file share with our very thick fire wall. We have tried countless other software solutions-all have either been blocked, were cost prohibitive or had size restrictions. I deal with our creative agency on a daily basis, sharing large files is a necessity, and Hightail is the best software I've found for it.

Puntos en contra

Nothing, I find it easy to use, there are no space restrictions, and my highly finicky firewall (that hates dropbox) is completely fine with it.

• Sector: Estudios de mercado

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great look for client access!

Revisado el 8/7/2019

Overall Hightail has been a tremendous asset. The ability to share large files easily in a beautiful way has helped me land and serve several leading clients. I highly recommend the service!

Puntos a favor

Hightail is perfect if you need to share large files in a visually appealing format to valued clients. I often use Hightail during the sales and project management stages of a relationship and it is very easy for the client to collaborate and share the files internally and externally.

Puntos en contra

There are some minor glitches every few months that cause loading issues. The default format for knowledge management is not easily usable by teams.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Customer service awful! Many user features no longer in use. Constantly in decline.

Revisado el 17/1/2019

Puntos a favor

The ability to easily and quickly send files.

Puntos en contra

-Customer service and tech help is AWFUL!

-Website is black with dark lettering and almost impossible to see.

-Ability to stream in addition to download is intermittent. Usually it is download only for the files sent.

-Ability to write a message in the message box that appears in the email sent without clicking on the link has disappeared. I have been trying to find out why and have this fixed for 2 months now,

-Ability to see who has downloaded specifically has disappeared unless one has a hightail account of their own that they are logged in to. Originally if you had the pro service an email would be received by the sender for every person downloading with their email listed so the sender knew who downloaded.

-Max allowable 200 a day is often rolled over to the next day not reset at midnight of the next day.

I finally had a phone conversation with a human after almost 8 weeks with the same issue I've bene reporting and that human promised to get back with me by the end of his shift at 4 pm PT and it is now 25 hours later and he still has not gotten back to me.

• Sector: Diseño gráfico

Sticking with it

Revisado el 31/1/2019

I'm a graphic designer and it has helped facilitate getting large files to my clients.

Puntos a favor

I love Hightail. It is easy to use and allows me to send large files which are very important. One of the best features, is although it is coming from Hightail, people always know it's from me and I like the flexibility of how long my files are saved. It also is incredibly easy for my staff to use, which is always a plus.

Puntos en contra

When the platform first changed, I had a hard time figuring out how to send a file. I constantly got screens that were unfamiliar and couldn't find easily how to create a new email but it's simple and clean now. No strange screens.

• Sector: Educación superior
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Quick and Easy

Revisado el 22/10/2018

Puntos a favor

I use this software at least a few times a week. Large files are sometimes a pain to send through email; Hightail makes this whole process quick, easy, and efficient. I can grab the link after I have sent files over to someone's email, I can request a download receipt, I can make certain files password protected, and I can even have some Hightail files expire if needed. I've never spent more than 5 minutes prepping to send out a Hightail file.

Puntos en contra

The download time is sometimes long depending on the file sizes and internet speed you are working with. I have waited a few hours sometimes for downloads. This is the only place I wish could be improved.

David
David

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Downhill all the way since changing from YouSendIt

Revisado el 19/8/2016

Whatever it is Hightail wishes to become, they've done an awful job of getting there. Their software has been forced upon their users half-baked. Many existing features were eliminated or obfuscated. My clients still get emails with the option to "save to folders" but they cannot .. with GREAT FRUSTRATION. Hightails response .. "We are no longer providing the option to "Save to Folders." Strategically as a company we are moving away from the storage model." How long would it take then to remove that feature from their email notifications. Better we find out this way, when a client calls angry and frustrated. Were I a company trying to coordinate the collaboration and approval of ongoing work, perhaps their new business model would be attractive. But they've moved away from what I and many others used them for, delivering and storing large files. And they've done it in a completely incompetent fashion with little or no warning or instruction. Of course, they won't refund my paid in advance annual membership fees.

• Sector: Arquitectura y planificación

Simple Online File Storage and Collaboration

Revisado el 23/7/2019

Puntos a favor

Makes uploading documents simple and efficient.
Elegant UI that can be customized to suit the organizations specific use case.
Simplifies the downloading process for users in other organizations.

Puntos en contra

Limited customization of interface compared to other solutions.

• Sector: Marketing y publicidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Everything you need when sharing files

Puntos a favor

That you can define expiry dates and access credentials. It allows to transfer a large amount of files. It allows teams to create shared spaces to share files.

Puntos en contra

Nothing to comment. Everything is great :)

• Sector: Entretenimiento

Very Simple to use

Revisado el 19/4/2019

Puntos a favor

I love the simplicity. Especially the automatic connection with Outlook. Sending an email with big attachments is just a few clicks unlike Dropbox which I also use which requires uploading, creating links and copying etc. With Hightail it is much easier.

Puntos en contra

Files expire. With Dropbox they are there forever. That is why I use both products depending on my needs.

• Sector: Fotografía
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Hightail Software Application

Revisado el 30/1/2019

I am a professional photographer, and Hightail has been extremely useful when I need to quickly transfer images with very high resolution to clients located internationally.

Puntos a favor

I like the versatility of Hightail. Once you have an account set up, you can use its desktop application to upload numerous files (of very large sizes) to multiple recipients. You can also perform the same tasks via your account on Hightail's website.

Puntos en contra

One cannot upload a file and forward the link to download the file to multiple people via email. This is not necessarily a "con", as this is a cybersecurity issue, but it does mean you may have to upload the same file many times to send it to specific people if they were excluded or forgotten in previous distributions.

Steven

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Hightail helps with transcontinental video documentary projects

Revisado el 8/7/2019

Excellent, Hightail's an incredibly useful and wonderful video production convenience. I live in west Michigan and I've been privileged to film many concerts in San Jose, California during the past decade. The conductors I work with like to be able to review the editing of their concert videos. The availability of Hightail has proven to be an exceptionally fast and economical way to do that. In the past I'd edit a concert video here in west Michigan and would then send a preview DVD, a very time consuming & slow process. With Hightail I can quickly and efficiently send the conductors an edit of their concert, in standard definition video format, which they can preview and review online wherever they might be. Then conventional DVDs are made. The development of Hightail's become a tremendous & practical utility for transcontinental video production efforts, imho :)

Puntos a favor

Convenience, ease of use, control of content distribution, statistical information about numbers of views and/or downloads.

Puntos en contra

On one recent occasion a choral concert music video file was uploaded and recipients found the audio and video were not in sync while using the "view" feature on Hightail. The video file could be downloaded successfully with the audio & video in sync. It was only while using the "view" feature that the audio and video were not in sync. The "sync" issue could have been due to the encoding by the server at Hightail or more likely is a problem that happens with uploading a video file in the Apple H.264 codec. Video files encoded by Apple Final Cut using the "Pro Res" codecs have not had audio-video synchronization problems. So we may have found one area where the Hightail file sharing software might need revision to handle H.264.

Trisha
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea

Stepping Up Provide for Customer Needs

Revisado el 8/7/2019

I am teaching classes to students all around the world with Hightail, without ever leaving my desk. No TSA. No hotels. No airport delays. Just high efficiency and productivity.

Puntos a favor

When I need to be able to deliver a large file, whether graphic or media, HighTail delivers. Fast. Efficient. Handled. Period.

Puntos en contra

When I need to deliver a file to multiple clients, I cannot create a group. I must type in every last email every single time. I have better things to do with my time. There used to be a group option, just like there used to be folder options. I have called. I have written. I have been told "sorry, we can't do that" and "sorry, we don't offer that."

Those are not the answers I want.

As my clientele grows, Hightail is holding me back.

These are simple requests. Either Hightail will prioritize them, or I will be forced to find someone who will.

Hope you're listening this time…

Adele
  • Sector: Suministros y equipo para empresas
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Excellent Service

Revisado el 8/7/2019

I am very happy with it and I have been using it for many years.

I am very happy with it and I have been using it for many years.

Puntos a favor

I run a transcription agency and my customers find it very easy to use my uplink, they like that it is a secure service. I like it because lately it has been a very stable platform to use in sending audio files to my colleagues. I also like that it that it shows a record of files having been sent and confirmation of receipt of files.

Puntos en contra

I dislike the black background of the website, it is not easy to see, especially on my monitor. It is also a bit muddled. It is difficult to do a search on files having been sent without scrolling down the page. They also used to send out alerts if they had a problem but this has now stopped.

Tom
  • Sector: Impresión
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Hightail -- One of the better FTP Software Packages Available

Revisado el 21/6/2020

Most of the FTP (file transfer protocol) programs that exist -- in my book as an industry professional, are an unnecessary expense for the client, because we already have easy-to-access FTP programs in place -- which for some reason, clients resist using, generally claiming difficulty in use. Nothing could be farther from the truth, and most paid FTP software programs strike me as being extraneous at best. The only good thing about Hightail, is when you receive the email with the file transfer link, it doesn't (yet!) trigger our corporate firewall, so you can pretty easily download the client files without having to go to a computer that we have rigged to intentionally subvert the firewall. So there's that. Every other paid FTP program that exists out there (We Transfer, for example) seems to immediately trigger the firewall, which is an aggravating issue.

Puntos a favor

In terms of FTP software programs, it generally works effortlessly, and doesn't require getting around RR Donnelley's firewall in order to retrieve files.

Puntos en contra

It's not inexpensive to use, and if you're only using the free version to retrieve files, you get constantly bombarded with requests to buy a paid version.

Rachel
  • Sector: Medicina alternativa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Hightail has been supporting my business for years

Revisado el 8/7/2019

It solves the problem of sending large audio files to clients, I love it. So simple and easy and no storage my end.

Puntos a favor

I love that I can send client audio files ( Readings and recordings of Private Consults) effortlessly via Hightail. It sends me a link that I can send on to clients and use for group recordings multiple times.
I love it is so fast and that there is no expiry date.

Puntos en contra

It's getting easier for clients to figure out how to download it,
some are a bit wary of the technology and I have to repeatedly tell people how to get their file, it maybe could do with clearer instructions for the receiver to download or listen.

Frederick
  • Sector: Deportes

Semi-Tech Challenged Retired Guy

Revisado el 30/1/2019

I can sell my products electronically/digitally. I no longer need to create DVD's and physically mail them. It really saves time and expense.

Puntos a favor

I use it for a hobby business I have. I send training videos to customers using Hightail. The upload and sending speed is great. I can fulfill several orders while I am sitting drinking my morning coffee.....it is just to easy.

Puntos en contra

I would love it if this software allowed me to send but not give the customer the ability to download/save/share.....but rather had the ability to allow someone access to view for a set amount of time.

Nikki
  • Sector: Diseño

Satisfied User

Revisado el 8/7/2019

Overall easy to use, love it.

Overall easy to use, love it.

Puntos a favor

I've been using this software for most of my career. Back when it was yousendit, I find it's a great way to send proofs and get a visual confirmation of receipt and that they are capable of commenting directly onto proofs

Puntos en contra

The only complaint I have is that I have a lot of contacts and I can't seem to delete or remove old addresses. That is rather frustrating, but used to it so not a deal breaker. If that was corrected that would be the best!!

Nick
  • Sector: Medios de difusión

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Hightail Makes My Life Easier!

Revisado el 9/7/2019

I am always sending large files to numerous clients every workday, and Hightail makes it easy to do.

Puntos a favor

With but a few (and I do mean very few) instances, Hightail has worked exceptionally well for me and my needs to transfer numerous large files frequently. Reliable, easy to use, and affordable, Hightail is my choice over all the other available services.

Puntos en contra

In the 12 plus years I have used Hightail (and it predecessor, yousendit) I really can't think of any, offhand.

Jerry
  • Sector: Fotografía

Best at what they do.

Revisado el 29/1/2019

I'm a professional photographer and deliver thousands of high resolution photos a month and this would not be possible without this type of quality service.

Puntos a favor

Have tried other similar products but none meet the standards set by HighTail. My clients always know they will receive there files online and know they are safely stored. Have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years so I must like the company.

Puntos en contra

As a customer for over 10 years I have found no Cons.

Christopher

The Only Way To Transfer Large Files

Revisado el 8/7/2019

My clients love Hightail large file transfer, too. They appreciate the manner in which the notifications come to them, and the ease with which they can access and download the large files I send to them. They also love the simple method for sending files to me, utilizing my uplink. I appreciate the Hightail service so much!

Puntos a favor

I had been using YouSendIt for years, and have stuck with the company through the re-branding to Hightail, and the acquisition by OpenText. I've tried other collaborative large file transfer services, but have always either found inadequacies of design, reliability issues, and poor support. Hightail is it for me! I will go nowhere else.

Puntos en contra

After the most recent redesign of the website, I have had no issues, and can't list any "cons" about the Hightail service, as used by me.

Greg

Hightail Saves the Day!

Revisado el 29/1/2019

Hightail is my most valued business software ever. I use it daily to send large video and art files and would be hard-pressed without it. It has saved the day on numerous occasions and just keeps getting better with added features.

Puntos a favor

Hightail loads my files quickly and sends them on their way without hassle. The collaborative tools are awesome.

Puntos en contra

I can't think of a single thing. If I had to, to hit the minimum character count, I'd say...

Thad
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Overall great feature set, could do with some functionality tweaking

Revisado el 9/7/2019

I manage the content for an educational video publisher, often delivering orders as well as managing videos to be uploaded onto the site. Hightail makes it easy to do everything I need to do in one place, as well as looking professional (more so than a wetransfer link in my opinion) when delivering orders.

Puntos a favor

- The ability to send large quantities of content
- The ability for people to deliver large amounts of material to me without having to create an account
- The ability to collaborate with remoters on creative projects

Puntos en contra

- Sometimes deliveries fail with no warning (the upload will stop at a certain 'time remaining') and I'll have to redo it. This means I have to remember exactly what was in the last batch etc.

- You can't filter your received files by anything (date, user, type etc.)

- You can't filter your sent items by the same.

- Sometimes downloading large numbers of files at once doesn't work (maybe that's just an unzipping problem on my end?)

- Sometimes people sending content via our uplink get confused and cannot access it, or try and create an account. Perhaps confusing user flow?

Ellen

Too Often Crashes

Revisado el 12/7/2019

I send audio files to the radio station where I am programming director. I sometimes send audio files to people who request them.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use in terms of general process.

Puntos en contra

It very frequently starts saving an audio file and then stalls. After a stall happens, you have to start over if it is ever going to send. Lately it has wobbled like crazy when it is sending. That is visually alarming.

Lynn M
  • Sector: Servicios jurídicos

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Hightail Essential for high volume documents

Revisado el 30/1/2019

In our paperless law office the required document disclosures are easily transmitted with hightail. I use it for small and large volumes of documents which gives me the tracking information the courts require.

Puntos a favor

Transmission of legal documents in a secure setting is essential in my family law practice. The confidential documents required to be disclosed in my cases requires a program such as hightail.

Puntos en contra

The adverse attorneys who are less sophisticated have trouble with opening the access controlled documents. They call my team for the access. A learning curve for those attorneys I work with. Also, the time period for accessing the documents goes from 4 days to one week. There needs to be a dropdown for every day from 1 to 14.