Deltek Costpoint

AI-enabled enterprise resource planning (ERP) software

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 202

Jamie
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Cumbersome

Revisado el 29/9/2022

Overall, I wish the system retained it's functionality with an easier to use interface. The reporting in the Costpoint system should be more customizable without having to be a report writer and be forced to use the business intelligence module to build reports from the ground up.

Puntos a favor

The system can do almost anything you want it to in terms of setup. There are more options and specifications than any one company could ever need or want.

Puntos en contra

Because the system is so customizable from an admin side, it becomes very cumbersome. A single update needs to be made in multiple screens in order for it to show up everywhere and be accessible to everyone. The User Interface is complicated for everyday users and troubleshooting issues is difficult and time consuming because of all the areas where there could be an issue.

Razones para elegir Deltek Costpoint

Looking for an all in one solution for time and expense along with financials.

Software anterior

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Industry standard
Ruby
  • Sector: Banca
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Deltek Review

Revisado el 30/9/2018

It is an ok system overall but there needs to be a huge update to the system to compete with it's competitors. The strong point is that most government contractor are using Deltek Time and Attendance since it is engineered for this industry so people are more likely to get the HRIS system to integrate easily with timesheets.

Puntos a favor

The system has a pretty easy interface to enter in basic information such as personal information, checking, tax information, and updating benefits. The ESS system once setup, it is pretty great for the employees as they can choose benefits through open enrollment, update tax information and update their address information. The reporting is simple for standard reports and can be easily pulled in excel format so you are able to manipulate the spreadsheets.

Puntos en contra

The software is very outdated and has not been updated in several years. Other systems are light years ahead of this system as it looks like it is from the 1990's. The custom reporting is very clunky and hard to create any of these reports as there are many files to look into and no intelligent search functions. You can only pull the reports in excel format so there not other options such as CSV and PDF. The ESS section is also out of date and not very integrative to the HRIS system. The setup for benefits, tax and validations tables in the back end of the system is hard to recognize and makes it harder for complete setup. There is ACA integration as well and it makes it hard that you have to click on separate sections of the screen to look at information rather than clicking one repository to reach all of the information.

Juliana
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Costpoint

Revisado el 19/11/2019

This was a lot more time consuming to implement. Other softwares we surveyed before going with CP had a tool that would export our data from quick books into their system. Not sure why CP doesn’t have this feature.

Puntos a favor

The reporting feature. We really liked the cognos relationship, and the ability to export directly to excel as well as upload from excel.

Puntos en contra

The revenue to income statement. I have never worked with an accounting system where once I created and posted an invoice, the total revenue for that product on the income statement is different then what was billed. I do not understand why I have to tell my system to recognize or “pick up” my revenue. It’s redundant and causes a lot of headaches.

Razones para elegir Deltek Costpoint

Unable to handle complex project setup requirement

Software anterior

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razones para cambiar a Deltek Costpoint

Because of the partnership with COGNOS
Karen
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

I have used Costpoint for 8 years. I have been able to learn a lot.

Revisado el 2/5/2017

Reporting, payroll, versatility, project reporting and capture, labor capture

Puntos a favor

I love the versatility of this software. It does so much and we can pull a lot of different information. It's very detailed in most areas and we can hold notes as well. Since I work in payroll, I think that the people and payroll modules are most useful for me.

Puntos en contra

I really don't like that we can not accrue a non-cash fringe. We have asked and asked for this feature and it has never been considered. All our employees accrue fringe non-cash to use towards benefits.
I also don't like the way the employee garnishments are set up. Every time there is a change to a garnishment (such as the amount in a child support order), I have to stop the garnishment and set up a new one in order to preserve any history. It can be confusing for anyone else looking at someone's file. Also, the note field is to small, doesn't hold enough information for the order (like children or custodial parents) that used to be included in Costpoint 6. I was disappointed when this was removed.

Robert

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

This Software is a must have for any Gov't Contractor that wants to do business in this space

Revisado el 28/6/2017

Puntos a favor

The application is very powerful and very flexible which allows you to set things up for your business as simply or as complex as you would like. The ability to enter everything only once and capture all the data needed to properly allocate all of your Fringe / Overhead / G&A or Material & Handling Cost Pools is critical to being able to prepare DCAA / DCMA compliant Invoices, DCAA Disclosure Statements and Incurred Cost Submissions. Every module that you add on automatically links with the existing Accounting data so no extra steps are needed to get different modules to talk to one another.

Puntos en contra

Not always easy to tell if or when a patch is needed to update a specific module. Don't really know anything is needed until you run into an error message. Sometimes it is hard to update or patch just the application that is giving you problems because fixes can cover more then one application.

Vicki

• Asistencia al cliente

Costpoint is an extremely powerful project based accounting system

Revisado el 8/5/2017

Puntos a favor

The flexibility it provides. With both private and public clients, we are required to provide invoices to clients in many different formats, and some project setups can be quite complicated. Costpoint allows us the flexibility we need to manage our projects effectively and also meet our client's needs. We also love the extensibility tool introduced with Costpoint 7 that has allowed us to customize the software in order to enforce many of our internal procedures and business rules.

Puntos en contra

Because of it's flexibility, it can be complicated, which leads to errors. We hear from our new users that systems they worked on previously provided more of a standard workflow that guided them through the project setup process. We realize this is very difficult to do with some many different project setup requirements, and we've tried to accomplish some of this through the extensibility tool.

Nabeel
  • Sector: Software informático

CostPoint Review

Revisado el 18/11/2017

Overall, if you are in the government contracting industry, CostPoint is as reliable as a software as any out there. With its wide acceptance across the industry, it is a extremely useful software to be familiar with.

Puntos a favor

CostPoint is an extremely powerful and a widely used accounting software. One of its best features is the ability to accommodate a diverse set of accounting and financial needs and the innate ability to run seamless interfaces with other Deltek products such as T&E and Cognos. It's relatively easy to use and can be picked up by most users quickly.

Puntos en contra

Costpoint lags behind its competitor in the innovation it offers it's users and customers. They software updates are infrequent and often do not result in any major updates and upgrades. There are also many areas of functionality within Costpoint that seem to be offer duplicity and could be improved.

Nicholas
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Deltek Costpoint Review

Revisado el 18/11/2018

It has been a decent system overall but there is a lack of customization, predictive features, poor reporting features and no updates for several years so other HRIS systems are way ahead of this particular system.

Puntos a favor

It is a pretty simple to use software for HRIS data and has a lot of fields to enter. It is great that there is a reporting system to allow for standard and custom reports. There is an immediate entry into the system once changes are made so it is great to get an immediate response.

Puntos en contra

There are several cons with the system. First, it has not been updated over several years and no upgrades have been made to keep up with the times. It feels like the system is dated back to the 1980's. There is no predictive searches for employees, there are too many windows for different types of employee data so it is hard to find certain employee data. The reporting is also hard to create custom reports as you have to understand extensive knowledge of Cognos, hard to search fields for employee data and it is clunky. There are no workflows or business rules that can be setup in order to allow for notifications for certain events regarding employee self service.

james

COSTPOINT IS LAZY AND STUPID

Revisado el 29/11/2018

There is not a day that goes by that I am not pissed off at this software. It's 10:00 A.M and I have stopped working to come here and post about how awful cospoint is. Example: While creating a Purchase order costpoint tells me there are 10 PR's total for the PO. I continue to the PO and start pluggin in the information and realize there are only 9. What hapenened? Did I do something wrong? So I go back to create the PO and run it again and it says that 1 is processed. No problem right? sure, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Why would software only do part of a task? why does it get lazy and decide it doesn't want to do it. This happens all the time and it isn't always so simple. This can cause huge problems on a larger PO. Another example I am going through right now is when costpoint is assigning PO's it will do it with multiple people so someone cannot use it. They won't know until later when they open the PO that it was assigned to someone else and have to back out everything they did and start over. I have to back out 30 PR's right now but wanted to say how absolutely awful this software is. If you are working you need to save after each thing you do or every couple things. yyou can't just work through something and hit save at the end because you will confuse cospoint and it will generate an error. then you have to refresh the screen thus losing all data input and start over again. you have to realize that cospoint is lazy and stupid and you have to work with it slowly to avoid doing things twice. This is the worst software I have worked with for inventory and everyone I work with will agree across all departments. It is like an ongoing joke. I left working for my current employer and then returned a few years later and when I returned I realized I had forgotten what a piece of crap costpoint was and should have held out for more pay due to having to deal with it again. It will put you in a situation where you will look like you made a mistake countless times. It will create more work for you over and over again.

Puntos a favor

There really isn't much that I like about costpoint except that it is an online database that can be accessed from the internet instead of being hosted on a server at the company. however this also limits it as well so I remain neutral on anything positive. Over several years of working with it my hatred of the software has grown to the point of me not seeing any thing really that good about it. It completes tasks sometimes.... which is unacceptable. it should complete them all the time.

Puntos en contra

You cannot work fast and have to save often because the program will get confused if you do too much at one time. It creates extra workload due to the time it takes to undo the problems that it created. program seems to be lazy and does tasks intermittently. When you click the save button it is like a gamble as to whether or not it will carry out the task. it will assign key tracking numbers to multiple people at the same time without the users knowing and they will have to back out all their data.

Sandra
  • Sector: Fuerzas armadas

Costpoint from BRM viewpoint

Great software overall

Puntos a favor

Ease to learn and easy to use screen and download data

Puntos en contra

Incomplete error messages and missing edits.

Alternativas consideradas

SAP Concur

Mitigated Entity, required due to cas COMPLINANCE

PRICE
Stacy
  • Sector: Arquitectura y planificación

CostPoint Software User

Revisado el 12/4/2017

I first used Deltek using CostPoint. I found it relatively easy to get around. It was pretty clean cut. The only issue I may have had was how the paid when paid worked, it never seemed to work right. The consultant helping us set up really didn't know what she was doing, and never came back to tell us her findings after she took notes and said she would look into it. Then I left that company and started using Vision. It was real easy to convert having worked in CostPoint.

Puntos a favor

It was real easy to get around the system and work in different windows.

Puntos en contra

Paid when Paid never worked correctly, never could get a reason why.

JADE
  • Sector: Ingeniería industrial o mecánica

COSTPOINT IS PRETTY AWESOME

Revisado el 19/11/2019

After using it for over a year, I am noticing that a lot of the processes are streamlined which helps with accurate accounting of POs and the information stored for vendors.

Puntos a favor

I like the fact that their interfaces are able to communicate with each other. I also like the ease of use when using the software. It is honestly cut an dry and if you have used various SAP before, you should not have an issue with this one. I transitioned from the US Army using GCSS-Army and the interfaces in costpoint were virtually the same.

Puntos en contra

I like the software, but my company does not or wants to ay for all the modules needed, so I feel as though I cannot use Costpoint to its full potential as I feel it can be used. I hope after this conference I am able to go back to my Company's President and change his mind.

Heather

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

The system is very straight forward and easy to navigate.

Revisado el 17/5/2017

It meets all my HR Technology needs.

Puntos a favor

From an HR standpoint, the system is very easy to use and well thought out. The reporting is easy to do for mandatory compliance. It makes our jobs easier. We just starting using the Talent Management last year for applicant tracking and onboarding. Once we go live with the integration from Talent Management to Costpoint, it will create efficiencies for HR and payroll departments.

Puntos en contra

Once some is entered and saved in someone's record. It can be hard to remove that person. There also seems to be a lot of hotfixes, but it does make the system better in the long run.

Tina

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Easy-to-use but doesn't work for every situation

Revisado el 1/12/2018

Puntos a favor

I use costpoint daily at my job and the software is very easy to navigate. I have no issues searching for BOMs (Bill of Materials) and costpoint interacts relatively seamlessly with the systems that we use for engineering drawings and shop floor instructions.

Puntos en contra

A lot of the materials in the BOMs seem to be controlled by effectivity dates. This may work well for companies that have interchangeable parts with planned obsolescence dates, but the industry I work in has variable production schedules where it'd be preferable to control materials by engineering drawing effectivity.

Jane

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

CP is good and user friendly

Revisado el 9/5/2017

Puntos a favor

Costpoint offers government contractors unparalleled project management, accounting, labor, reporting and compliance features so you get the exact capability you need to increase efficiency and improve profitability. It was built specifically for government contractors and has been adopted by thousands of government contractors and earned the trust of federal agencies and their auditors.

Puntos en contra

System bug, system not stable. Take long time to get customer service back some time. Field names and connections to other fields are not readily apparent. Takes years to become fluent in the program.

Harlan

7.1.1 Admin disappointed with the constant updates but the end-users like it

Revisado el 16/5/2017

Puntos a favor

Our end-users generally have zero complaints with the software. We use it for everything from purchasing and receiving to HR functions.

Puntos en contra

I'm not a fan of the new update model they have rolled out with 7.1.1. It seems there are constant updates and, unlike previous versions where you only installed the updates you needed to fix a particular issue, they now expect ALL updates to be installed. I realize they are trying to get away from the need for major revision upgrades by doing this but the load on the IT department is WAY more than it used to be for day-to-day operations.

Nastazija
  • Sector: Relaciones gubernamentales

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Not a big fan of this program

Revisado el 24/9/2020

Puntos a favor

Accessible (once you have your credentials) from any computer. Easy to track your hours worked and if they were approved or not. Also the feature of used/unused leave balance is really helpful.

Puntos en contra

If you are not assigned to a project for a while, the whole access needs to be reset by HR, which is completely unnecessary. It is a bit annoying that every time you put in your hours worked you have to save the changes otherwise if you sign out and sign back in from another device you have to start all over. If HR has not uploaded the correct project code - you can't put any hours in at all. If you need to make changes of the hours worked, it is a hassle, because it's throwing error messages all over.

Jason
  • Sector: Consultoría de gestión
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Ultimate GovCon Compliance

Revisado el 15/12/2017

Deltek pushes this ERP solution to all Government Contractors now, no matter the size of the business. As a GovCon accounting/business system SME, I would not recommend this system to businesses with less than 100 FTE / 5M annual revenue.

Puntos a favor

The Costpoint ERP system is well integrated depending on the features/add-ons you purchase. It drives compliant practices if you've set it up correctly.

Puntos en contra

Setup and maintenance is not for the average user. Training is a bit scarce unless you hire a consultant. Very expensive if you want full integration. Support from the manufacturer is fair at best.

RAY

Easy Timecards

Revisado el 29/9/2020

Overall, I've been very pleased in my experience with the software. Entering my time is easier than software used in my last job, and corrections are easier to make. My time cards have been easy to read and understand when going back to review them!

Puntos a favor

This software allows a user to easily access their timecards and log their time. Saving favorite codes for items such as contracts worked, favorites, leave, etc. is a breeze.

Puntos en contra

I haven't encountered any issues thus far. There can be an overwhelming number of time codes depending on the company you work for.

William
  • Sector: Seguridad e investigaciones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Costpoint - A+ for DCAA compliance, a D for all else

Revisado el 15/11/2016

Costpoint sets the standard for project accounting and indirect rate application and reporting. But Costpoint has none of the features that users love in other ERP systems, like drill down reports, modifiable reports, paperless processing, budget setup, easy bank reconciliations, etc. Users of Quickbooks, Dynamics and others will miss these features.

Puntos a favor

Project and indirect rate applicaton accounting & reporting

Puntos en contra

Much more expensive than comparable solutions. Extremely high lifecycle expense. You will buy this software every year with maintenance. And growing is expensive with employee based fees.

Jim

Comments on Costoint

Revisado el 13/10/2022

Puntos a favor

I find Costpoint to be the most effective and comprehensive Government Cost Accounting system available. Contains many related back office functions that are integrated within the system. It is an government approved system.

Puntos en contra

User interface needs improvement for non finance and accounting users. It should be easier to use for basic functions such as daily timesheets, expense reports, and approvals of these two items.

Usuario verificado

Simple software everyone understands

Revisado el 12/8/2018

Deltek helps us take care of our timesheets in short order, with very helpful search and report functions to boot.

Puntos a favor

I always like how easy it is to use. I create favorites so I don't even have to search for the right codes - they're just right there. And the web pages load very quickly on our awful work computers!

Puntos en contra

Depending on how your company set it up, it can be confusing to find your codes initially... but all they have to do is give them to you and then it's super easy.

Sarah
  • Sector: Ingeniería civil

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

A few kinks but easy to use

Revisado el 28/11/2017

Puntos a favor

The platform is decently organized by Employee/Salary information and Leave information - managing either is simple and the accrual process is easy as well. I manage employee data and leave data but I am not an expert on any of the other system capabilities.

Puntos en contra

We've had issues with file feeds that have taken a long time to resolve. There are a few manual processes that need to be done during the accrual process that seem like they should be automated (i.e. removing duplicate beginning balance records when an employee goes from one type of leave to another in the same year).

Breanna
  • Sector: Relaciones gubernamentales

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Costpoint

Revisado el 4/11/2021

Overall, it's not bad if you have proper training. But bringing someone new in to use it, is a difficult task and requires a sit down training. I wish it was more user friendly.

Puntos a favor

It gets the job done and ensures we are in compliance

Puntos en contra

It is not intuitive, so you need all the training you can get to know what simple buttons you need to do, to put out results you want.

David
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

Work Smarter not Harder

Revisado el 15/11/2016

The Costpoint enterprise suite allows a complete set of tools that can influence critical business decisions in a vertical business. What sets this software apart from others, is the tools available to customize the software using Extensibility.

Puntos a favor

ease of use and customization features

Puntos en contra

native application limitations out of the box.