On-Screen Takeoff

4,3 (157)
¡Escribe una reseña!
Confiable solución de estimación y cálculo de materiales

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 157

Tamera
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Preferred over Plan Swift

Revisado el 20/8/2018

I work in multi-family construction and need to be able to do quick conceptual estimates and the later detailed estimates that require more takeoff. I've been using OST for the takeoff for the last 11 years. I love it.

Puntos a favor

OST is easy to get up and running. It's intuitive and user friendly. I was recently introduced to PlanSwift - a competitor to OST and it was overly complicated. It was hard to figure out how to go in and just take the SF of a room.

With OST it's a breeze to take a simple measurement or do more extensive takeoff without needing an owners manual or even a tutorial.

Puntos en contra

Is the difficulty in naming sheets that are imported in. It's cumbersome and time consuming. It also makes it hard to relink to a different folder location.

The high cost for a single license is prohibitive to the freelance estimator and forces us to use alternative programs that aren't as efficient. I wish there was a way to make it cheaper for sole proprietorship businesses in the construction industry.

Ryan

Custom Home Builder Review

Revisado el 14/8/2018

I love OST it can be used in so many different ways it's my favorite program for manipulating just about any type of file.

Puntos a favor

OST is flexable software, meaning it can be manipulated to conform to any/every trade. It is an amazing tool that makes any estimators take-off portion of the job quick and easy.

Puntos en contra

There is not much I do not like about OST, but...
- some times I could more color selections differentiation for take-off conditions
- Also it would be nice if i could freeze dimension takeoffs to either only move vertically or latterally respectively.
- Also if dimensions could be a default layer separate from annotation that would be awesome. Sometimes i want to have annotations but do not need the dimensions and i have to delete all the dimensions on the page to only show the annotation that i want.

Jeffrey

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Misleading Company

Revisado el 26/8/2019

Puntos a favor

Nothing is wrong with the software. I only have a problem with their unfair policy and practices.

Puntos en contra

I was promised that the on-center takeoff software could work with their cloud platform Oasis before I purchased. I found out afterwards this wasn't true. But their policy was not to refund although they made a promise that was false showing they value money over principles. Very misleading and I am sickened by the way they do business. Be very careful when dealing and purchasing their products. Better yet don't get involved in the first place.

Chris
  • Sector: Almacenamiento

On Screen Takeoff the Equilizer

Revisado el 17/8/2018

The On Screen Takeoff program along with the support provided by On Center is a great combo for anyone looking to standardize and get better control of their takeoff and bids. My experience has been nothing but the best from Training, to implementation, and support throughout the past few years.

Puntos a favor

Allows me to constantly and quickly take off plans that used to take all day to provide.

Puntos en contra

The software has been awesome for me in many ways but I wish it was more report friendly for people who are working outside of the standard databases and reporting schemes. I had to build my database from the ground up and how we export and report that information isn't typical for OST. Trying to build custom reports and exports has been challenging but On Center support was always there to help or at least let me know that I have hit a dead end.

Tim

Satisfied Customer

Revisado el 7/6/2017

I've used OST for 10 years and overall satisfied. I think for the annual service fee, there should be more upgrades than once every 2 years or so. We have used tech support maybe once a year if that and the owner of the business doesn't think that justifies the annual cost.

Puntos a favor

It's easy and quick to use and easy to train others. I like and use the overlay function a lot. I also like the intelligent paste function as well for repetitious items.

Puntos en contra

Only 1 overlay possible, needs ability to remove the original plan and add an additional overlay as plans change (i.e.,80% dwgs to 90% dwgs to final dwgs. The 90% supersede the 80% and now we have final. A new bid file has to be created and the takeoff copied to the new file for adjustments)
Database bogs down on very large projects
Auto count feature doesn't work very well on scanned plans

Les

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The best takeoff I have ever used.

Revisado el 15/8/2018

I have been using On-Screen Takeoff for about 16 years and I have always been impressed with the ease of use, support and the upgrades that have been made through the years. I can do a takeoff of a large commercial building in a fraction of the time it would take me to do it with a ruler or takeoff wheel and it is extremely more accurate. I am able to bid a lot more work with the On-Screen Takeoff program. Another benefit is you end up with a color-coded plan that you or someone else such as a project manger can look at and see what you did.

Puntos a favor

Its easy to learn to use and if you get stuck on something the support staff are there to help and they have never laughed at my dumb questions.

Puntos en contra

I don’t know if there is anything I don’t like about it, but I wish you could copy text or images from a plan sheet and past them into a word document.

Jaime

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

As an estimator this program makes my life much easier. Can breakdown my estimate any way I...

Revisado el 23/5/2017

It not possible to mention them all here. Better accuracy in our estimates. Greater flexibility with our estimates too. Can change conditions very easily if necessary. Our field personnel loves it too. Were able to print all of the plans from any project and breakdown the estimate by floor or zone or phase.

Puntos a favor

This program is great for our office and field personnel. Both can see the entire scope of work to be performed and know where each condition is to be applied on each floor of our jobs. Allows for better management of our labor hours and cost accounting too!

Puntos en contra

That I cannot download it on my iPhone! I have absolutely no complaints, I love, I use it everyday and I enjoy all of the features too! Just wish I could take it with me everywhere I went.

Muhammad
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

When you need a simple and easy to use takeoff program

Revisado el 3/11/2019

We use OST to count items on landscape plans we get the plans from the landscape architect and civil engineer, we import them and count the conditions then after that we take the counts from excel and price every line in excel OST has a feature to do that but not as easy to mainupulate

Puntos a favor

What I like about OST is it’s easy to use you can get the hang of the Badi oh very quickly and it helps you count items onscreen from a pdf plan or TIFF file.
Measures distances, counts and areas.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes it freezes on some plans that are heaven such as a lot of counts (over 6000) items on on plan, and crashes even when it can’t convert a file from a civil engineer

Angelo

• Asistencia al cliente

Great program; been using it since 2003 and convinced the current company I work for to...

Puntos a favor

I like being able to organize areas and zones as well as share takeoff packages with associates who estimate different divisions.

Puntos en contra

I HATE having to rename pages one at a time that are combined; your competition has this feature that does it automatically (and its much cheaper)-you guys should have had this a long time ago. If this feature does exist in OST; please contact me to cure my stupidity.

eric

Best takeoff option available

Revisado el 14/8/2018

Very good, I've been using it at various companies since 2007 and have no interest in any other option so long as it works so well.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to learn and use, K.I.S.S.
Quick to use
Doesn't require too much computer power

Puntos en contra

Printing to PDF using conventional bluebeam and/or adobe drivers doesn't work very well and we needed to buy an after market print driver to circumvent this issue.

Muhammad
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Easy to use but has an upfront cost

Revisado el 7/8/2020

So far it has been a very useful and easy program to use you can break down items based on categories you want and have sub categories it Also has a built in labor and price calculator if you want to use it.

i usually count in OST then take it to excel.

Puntos a favor

OST is a very easy to use tool to do take offs with and what we like most about it is :
1- Fast Counts for areas, Linear feet, And counts.
2- you can overlay different versions of the plan on top of each other the old will be red and new blue that way you can see purple if noting changed or moved and blue if something changed.
3- easy to export to excel or other programs.
4- quick click links so you can jump between plan and detail fast.

Puntos en contra

1-2 people cant be in the same file at the same time and edit.
2- gets laggy with larger files and count items ( over 700 in one page from what i have seen)
3- Price.
4- cant Layer more than 2 drawings at the same time

John
  • Sector: Servicios

Poor customer service.

Revisado el 9/2/2017

I have been an On-Screen Takeoff user since 2008. The program is well designed, but the company has made the program non-macintosh user-friendly. I used the program in a Virtual Environment without issue for 8 years, and then OST stopped allowing the program to be utilized in a virtual environment (Parallels Desktop). They now require you to have a Windows Machine running License Manager (at all times) to utilize their product. Simply unacceptable. They have no regard for their Customer.

Puntos a favor

The product is well designed and easy to use (except for the what is necessary to run the program on a virtual environment).

Puntos en contra

Cannot run the program in a Virtual Environment.

Gabriel
  • Sector: Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos

On-Screen Takeoff review Electrical

Revisado el 15/8/2018

My daily use of the software has made me appreciate the ease of use and reliability of the product....

I can trust the software to provide me with accurate counts and footage for my electrical estimating.

Puntos a favor

The easy use of the software, plus any questions are easily linked to a video showing you your answer. If the answer is not available online, a simple phone call to great customer service will provide direction and resolution of any questions or problems.

Puntos en contra

Currently I have had no complaints with the software, it works great!

Luke

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Best takeoff software on the market today

Revisado el 28/4/2017

Before buying I compared this, E-Takeoff, Planswift, and Bluebeam takeoffs. This was hands down the best option.

Puntos a favor

Easy and intuitive to use. Some examples are- same copy paste functions as every other windows program, bulk copy (multiple takeoffs), fast plan loading, and a user interface that flows nicely.

Puntos en contra

Somewhat complicated to learn, the overall process makes sense, but you need to follow the steps to the letter.

Kristen
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Great Estimating Program!

Revisado el 17/1/2018

Keep up the good work On Screen! I would like to see more added features and additional updates more than just once or twice a year.

Puntos a favor

This program is also... easy to learn, easy to use, easy to train on! All that you need to complete accurate takeoffs for bidding is available in one software package! Purchase this product, you will not be disappointed! Intelligent paste function is awesome and great to use for repetitive items.

Puntos en contra

I would more colors to differentiate areas when I am doing take offs and more overlays should be possible. There are always so many plans and revisions and only allowing one overlay makes it difficult at times to provide an accurate takeoff without doing the work twice.

Brian

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

On-Screen Takeoff for Estimators

Revisado el 29/8/2016

I use it almost everyday of the week for all my 2D takeoff. Roadwork's paving, kerbing (curbing), stormwater, sewer and water reticulation takeoffs just to name a few. Very easy to use once you set up some basic library items. It also has the capability of downloading directly into my Estimating Software.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use - lengths, areas - or both at the same time.

Puntos en contra

Needs a better custom scale box - the one it has is "clunky".

Nicolas

• Facilidad de uso

OST new feature to change page names, needs a lot of work just takes forever about 10 minutes...

Revisado el 5/2/2019

thinking of possible move to Planswift

thinking of possible move to Planswift

Puntos a favor

i been using it for ten years OST Takeoff and Quick bid it seems to work fine but i just require substantial time to synchronize both products

Puntos en contra

to expensive and you have to use quick bid to complement the product, data does not work seamlessly with Masterbuilders 100

Ray

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Very positive experience with the program and support

Puntos a favor

menu driven and easy to follow. Every time I have a problem and call support I get a good response and the problems solved.

Puntos en contra

arc feature when doing areas. The program does not support arc creation by pinpointing the arc intersects when doing area, we have to plot points along the circumference.

Brandon

Review of OST

Revisado el 20/8/2018

Excellent tool for accurate compilation of quantities from pdf's. I highly recommend this to high volume estimators such as myself!

Ease of Use, Speed and Accuracy for Estimating Purposes

Puntos en contra

Updates and changes from previous versions of the software I've used took a little bit for me to get used to.

Chris

Can't work with out it.

seeing is believing.

seeing is believing.

Simple and intuitive.
quick and accurate pricing in QB.

Puntos en contra

Need the be able to order material through quick (send PO) and track inventory.
Quick books integration for job costing.
Hot link within a hotlink.
scale function in 2nd window.

Don

On Screen Review

Revisado el 20/8/2018

I use On Screen every day performing concrete estimating. On Screen allows me to move swiftly through my take offs saving valuable time.

Puntos a favor

That you can dump directly into a spreadsheet

Puntos en contra

needs to be a little easier to simply write words or notes on the drawings.

Brandon
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria comercial
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

An Easy to Use Takeoff Software

Revisado el 26/1/2017

I have been using On-Screen Takeoff for several years now and I really enjoy using it. It is easy to set up conditions and perform the takeoff. I enjoy that you can break your takeoff out by areas and you can even create folders for the different areas of the takeoff. This works well for breaking out by CSI, or whichever WBS you may use. Also, OST can store data in Access databases that can be set to backup on a schedule. I personally like how quickly I can bring my drawings into the software and how quickly they load once in the program. Overall I have been using OST for several years now and I would recommend it to the construction professional.

Puntos a favor

Ability to create libraries of commonly used conditions
Fast Loading
Ability to transfer data to other estimating software
Ability to export to excel
Ability to share entire takeoff file with other professionals

Puntos en contra

Cannot currently import an excel document with conditions to create a library
Cannot trace drawing lines automatically

Maria
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Easiest for take-offs!

Revisado el 6/1/2020

Puntos a favor

I liked the ability to organize and derive quantities in different ways. One line item can yield several quantities in different units of measurement. You can also organize information by level, segment... You can also store your custom line items in a library for future use.

Puntos en contra

The program works best pulling from files saved on your C drive, but I would prefer to team to work from a centralized location, not from each individual's C drive on their computer.

Matthew
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

On Screen Take off has taken bidding to a whole new level!

Revisado el 3/5/2017

Keep up the great work! I enjoy seeing the added features in the updates and you guys cease to amaze me!

Puntos a favor

The software is easy to use and learn and offers almost all the functions I need to complete a takeoff. The time and money saved by using this program can be clearly seen and makes my job fun!

Puntos en contra

I really don't have many negative things to say about the software, all of my issues have been address via the support staff!

Efrain
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

On Screen Take Off Review

Very good

Very good

Puntos a favor

Very Easy to Use. It is the first take off tool that I ever used and have had no problem.

Puntos en contra

Some times no intuitive enough. It is the First Take Off tool I use so sometimes it was hard to find a common function.