Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación

124 opiniones

Amanda Z.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

This app has been game changing for how we communicate with staff.

Revisado el 20/7/2018

Puntos a favor

I like the ease of use as a Coordinator. My time spent scheduling has shrunk majorly, leaving me more time to focus on recruiting, on-boarding and training. The calendar makes it really easy for me to see what my week looks like. The sorting function help me isolate events to more easily see events. Even the color and font choices used in the apps is pleasing to the eye!

The support from the Nowsta team has been amazing. They always respond within minutes through their direct messaging function and not only resolve the issue, but are a blast to work with.

It's been a year that we have used the software and there have been endless improvements to functionality. They have expanded the system in many ways, allowing us to change our payroll functions and save money. Many times, we have seen areas for improvement, have sent the Nowsta team suggestions and then seen the tweaks in the app a few weeks later. The team at Nowsta is the ultimate example of continuous improvement.

My staff really enjoys using the app and it has actually been a help in hiring as well. I mention it during the interview and I have seen candidates' faces light up with excitement that we schedule with such a convenient form of communication.

Puntos en contra

The timeclock function on the app can be buggy and not record proper times, but I let the Nowsta team know and it's usually fixed right away. It's also an easy fix as a Coordinator, to adjust the times on the desktop.

Monica D.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Saves time to book staff

Revisado el 27/1/2020

We are a catering company and we use Nowsta for time and attendance for our in-house staff as well as our staff working off-site events out in the field. We love the ability to see how far away the staff member clocks in. Having the captains able to clock in and out the staff is a plus for staff who forgets their phone or is late and doesn't clock in.

Puntos a favor

Scheduling staff for events is a breeze. With multiple events displayed at once, we can click and drag staff to the event best suited for them. The report showing a spreadsheet as to the average number of minutes it takes staff to confirm events and the percentage that staff says yes to working an event helps us with prioritizing our staff based on their response. Approving staff on the Time and Attendance page is very easy and the screen is clear to see their times worked. Scheduling staff for the different departments works well .

Puntos en contra

Sometimes if the address of the location is not an exact address then the embedded gps map may send the staff to an incorrect location. The app works poorly on some older model cell phones. I haven't found a way to note when staff is on vacation to block those days so they are not accidentally added to the schedule.

Christopher R.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

We like NOWSTA

Revisado el 13/11/2020

For the most part...it has been very good.

Puntos a favor

Ease of scheduling. Response time from my employees.

Puntos en contra

Does not cross integrate with TPP. I thought it did...but it does not seem to do this. MAybe I am doing it wrong. Secondly, the cost of the employee per month adds up quickly.

Steve S.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Five stars-saves us so much time!

Revisado el 21/7/2021

This software is amazing! It has been a game changer for us. Love having scheduling, time and attendance all in one platform. We have saved saved so much time since we started using Nowsta. I can’t say enough about the team at Nowsta - they go above and beyond!
Highly recommended!!

Puntos a favor

The entire Nowsta team. They are so helpful.

Puntos en contra

Can’t say anything bad about Nowsta. We are very happy.

Jonathan C.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Catering Company Loves Nowsta!

Revisado el 8/7/2021

Puntos a favor

I really like the ease of use and how well it integrated with our other programs. It saves me a lot of time. A lot!

Puntos en contra

One improvement I could recommend would be to have a system of ranking staff and scheduling based on rank rather than having to create different staff titles to do this.

David H.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

Revisado el 28/9/2019

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Puntos a favor

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations.
App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Puntos en contra

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

Humanity, Event Staff App, 7shifts y QuickBooks Time

Razones para elegir Nowsta

Nowsta is built for the events industry. Nothing else comes close

Software anterior

QuickBooks Time

Razones para cambiar a Nowsta

It does what it does the best of any. Others can't even comprehend what an event is.
Michael C.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Game changer

Revisado el 15/7/2019

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Puntos a favor

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Puntos en contra

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

UKG Ready

Razones para elegir Nowsta

The Ready Set Work software was dying more than it was growing. Nowsta's progressive approach to understanding a caterers needs seemed custom fit to what we were looking for in scheduling software.

Razones para cambiar a Nowsta

The final decision was based on ease of use and its custom ability to schedule to an event rather than an individual.
Cameron G.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A world of difference, leagues beyond the next in line.

Revisado el 2/3/2021

The employees can see exactly how lucrative shifts are, and easily sign up for shifts. Requesting staff is so simple, and scheduling them is even simpler. I can't say enough good things about the ease of access.

Puntos a favor

The accessibility is so optimized, it takes only two minutes to get someone up to speed on how to use it. The metrics it tracks, and volume of information readily available to both employees and admins is second to none.

Puntos en contra

The live-update features occasionally don't work, and you'll need to reload to see changes. It's not a big issue, it's just that they occasionally do work, so you usually just need to refresh to make sure.

Larry F.

Nowsta review

Revisado el 16/11/2020

A+

Puntos a favor

The Nowsta Team is remarkable and very willing to customize.

Puntos en contra

Nothing except we don’t have enough business now to use it to its fullest capacity.

Caterease

Razones para cambiar a Nowsta

Very simply it was the people of Nowsta and their inclusive approach to collaborate with their clients.
Celeste M.

Great and easy App

Revisado el 15/12/2020

Since using the Nowsta app its been a lot easier to book weekly jobs
Overall Great App to use for your company

Puntos a favor

Numerous things but the main thing is that employees can get paid 24 to 48 hours after they're shift is approved.

Puntos en contra

I didn't like that I couldn't send out a weekly timesheet, but later this was resolved and now we can send out a weekly timesheet.

Melissa C.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Nowsta truly transformed our catering companies staffing operations!

Revisado el 5/8/2019

Nowsta has eliminated our need for paper/hand written shift times, confusion over who was at what event and for how long, wondering what was the pay for that particular shift and the need to spend countless hours calculating every employees hours/pay come payroll time. Most of all, Nowsta has connected all our employees and with the app, given each the convenance of handheld information. Oh, and Nowsta integrates with our catering software Caterease which was our biggest selling point because we only have to enter event information once and it is transferred over to Nowsta with all the details needed for the employees.

From a Caterers view point, I do not think there is anything else out there that can come close to Nowsta for us. So happy we made the move to Nowsta and there's no turning back!

Puntos a favor

From an Admin stand point, I love how Nowsta is so easy to edit; staff information, times, position costs, literally everything! I love the availability checks that can go out as whatever I want, they do not have to be attached to an event. I love the multiple ways that I can inform my staff of shifts available via shifts requests and publishing to a first come first serve deal. It's so easy to make announcements to staff members who are scheduled for event shifts. Staff members get notified instantly of any event changes. I can set preferences to where I receive emails every time a staff member accepts/declines a shift, when new events are entered into Nowsta (we have the Caterease interface), when staff members do not clock into their shifts on time and so on. I could go on and on...

From an employees stand point, Nowsta gives me all the information that I need for an event. Its linked with Google Maps and with one click, I get GPS directions to my event. I can get notifications of upcoming events I am scheduled for. I clock in and out with my phone, no company timeclock box needed. I can easily add breaks to my shift. I can clock into an unscheduled shift, like for kitchen/office staff members who work daily yet do not have schedule kitchen or office hours. It is soooo easy! Makes everything soooo easy!!

Hands down the BEST Customer service crew I have ever worked with! I love chatting with them even tho I try not to have to. :)

Puntos en contra

The only thing at the moment that I wish Nowsta could do is have flat rate delivery options. I currently use normal staffing hours to calculate deliveries but they should be flat rates that do not affect employees hours but we make it work. Looking forward to the upgrade that includes flat rate fees.

Alisha S.

• Asistencia al cliente

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver and has drastically improved our staffing process.

Revisado el 28/7/2018

Puntos a favor

I have been using the software for over 2 years now and have seen it develop into the great product that it is today. What I like most is that the Nowsta team is dedicated to really understanding the needs of their end users and developing a system that is perfect for event industry professionals.

We have been able to really cut down on overtime in every department, have a much higher response rate from staff who are receiving offers to work, and management is able to track hours and run payroll reports much more efficiently with this system in place.

The many different levels of permissions allow me to customize what each person using the system is able to see and access in the system. My Sales team can see schedules, but not pay rates and are not able to adjust times/ shifts. Department head can see pay rates, and enter schedules, but are not able to create or remove another admin user. Event staff can not access the admin portal at all.

There are many great features that this system has that several others on the market simply do not consider or offer, and I would highly recommend taking a look at it if you are not already a user.

Puntos en contra

As with any system that is still in development, there are still a few hick ups in the program. The Nowsta team works diligently to iron out the kinks but this causes the system to go down for unexpected periods of time and staff is unable to clock in/out.

Aaron M.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Very Pleased!

Revisado el 18/12/2020

Scheduling is much easier and the user interface is easy to use and understand.

Puntos a favor

Nowsta easily integrates with other systems that make scheduling events a breeze for our company. The interface is extremely user friendly and is not cumbersome like many other systems that have been used in the past.

Puntos en contra

There needs to be an attendance (point based) system in place that keeps track of an employee calling in, being late, etc. Progressive attendance based systems are important for companies where hourly employees are expected to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. I would like to see a system added to Nowsta in the future that will make it easy to track attendance so employees can be held accountable for poor attendance.

Bob K.

Great Product, Great Customer Service

Revisado el 10/11/2020

I can't say enough about this platform. I've personally recommended it to other companies in our industry and can't imagine ever changing. From start to finish, the software is easy to use/learn, provides great analytics and the customer service far exceeds expectations.

Puntos a favor

We love being able to create and assign numerous roles and hourly rates to our team members; the timeclock tablet feature is great for onsite clocking in and out and the tracking/reporting tools are incredibly useful for budgeting purposes as well as budget to actual comparisons. There are just so many great features to this software and it continues to improve.

Puntos en contra

I don't believe there is anything that we like least about the software but this is more of a wish list in that we wish we could house more employee information. Again, this is not the purpose of the software but to have it all in one central location would be super convenient.

Cristina M.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing

Revisado el 26/5/2020

Nowsta has truly streamlined staffing our events. It's cut back on hours we spent on the front end and really helped our staff easily accept or decline shifts in an app. It was also a huge help to pay staff immediately versus waiting for our 2 week pay system via check. Staff seem to really love this option even with the fee.

Puntos a favor

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing through the app and the way we communicate with our crew. It's been a game changer for us.

Puntos en contra

We have been using Nowsta since it launched. The tech support has been wonderful at reviewing our feedback and making changes that really helped the app and our team use it. The software has had issues from time to time but it's always been resolved. The only downside on our end was setting up a direct bank debit weekly versus our original bi-weekly pay system.

Sarah P.
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Smooth Transition and easy to use!

Revisado el 4/3/2020

From the initial conversation, to the implementation, I have been fully on board! I'm excited to know they are constantly working on how to make the software as useful as possible and I'm not sure how our company went so long with out it!

Puntos a favor

This software is so user friendly! We have a VERY wide range of employees that range from savvy to beginner in the tech department. The transition to this app/website was seamless for everyone involved. I love how you can compartmentalize almost every aspect of information on both the administrative side as well as the user side. It takes me less than 1 minute to create an event, and about the same for our employees to choose whether or not they are able to work. It's great from start to finish!
I also love that employees can choose how they receive notifications. Very customizable to how they use their phones.

Puntos en contra

The biggest thing I wish this software had was an app from the admin side. Although the browser is esthetically pleasing, I would like to get push notifications as the administrator.

Katie M.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Nowsta allows for flexibility, easily accessible information, and great interfacing in my job

Revisado el 1/11/2020

Puntos a favor

As an events services worker, It’s incredibly important to me that I can clock in from anywhere, see who I’m working with on a given day (and get their contact info in case I need to call them with an emergency issue), and see all the basic information about my event in one place on my phone. Nowsta allows me to do all of this and more, quickly and easily. That’s what I enjoy most.

Puntos en contra

The only issues I‘ve had to date with Nowsta occurred after the overhaul last year when Nowsta Timeclock was also introduced. Since then, I find that the Nowsta app can be slow and laggy at times (especially when accepting or declining shift invites). Additionally, once clocked out for the day, if you don’t log out of Timeclock (instead of just swiping out of the app for the night) when you go in the next day your current shift to clock in to wont show up. Before Timeclock, I remember the clock in page refreshing for the day no matter if you had logged out and in. This is a bit of a hassle but doesn’t greatly deter from the ease and functionally of the rest of the app.

Brian H.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great product makes my life easier

Revisado el 8/8/2019

Doing payroll used to take me anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on how busy we were and how many people were working. After we switched to Nowsta, I usually have payroll done in 30 minutes. We do schedules on a weekly basis and I used to have to do the schedule in Excel, then change it to a PDF and then email it to all the staff along with where they were meeting for events. It took me forever to do. With Nowsta, everything is right in the app and it cuts the time in half. Also, with people being able to punch in from their phones, there is no longer paper needed. All of the staff is very helpful and quick to get back to you if you reach out to them.

Puntos a favor

Nowsta cuts my scheduling time at least in half. It also takes me a quarter of the time to do payroll. Easier for employees to punch in and out.

Puntos en contra

Some issues with the app freezing. People with android have had issues using the app. There is no way for staff members to put in extended periods of time off in the app (vacatin or PTO or what not)

Shelby H.

Nowsta Review

Revisado el 9/10/2019

Puntos a favor

It’s super easy to use and there are (so far) no glitches. The last thing you want is a program messing up mid scheduling. I love being able to rate employees and it’s super easy for my staff to see all the details of the shifts they’re working. It also reminds them to show up 2 hours prior!

Puntos en contra

Nothing so far. Obviously it’s constantly updating which can be a pain but it’s worth it to have a nice easy to use software

Clark K.

Staffing made simple

Revisado el 11/11/2020

Puntos a favor

Nowsta makes it so easy to staff events! The platform is very user intuitive and it's easy to know when someone accepts vs declines a shift. The rating system is very helpful, the time and attendance tracker makes life so much easier, and not to mention the Nowsta team always is incredibly friendly, helpful and responds to messages right away.

Puntos en contra

I wish there was a message history of all the announcements I send staff - whether a text or email it would be nice to have a history as a reference or to copy and paste from.

schedule cloud
Evan W.

The Apple of Scheduling Platforms

Revisado el 11/3/2020

Wonderful team of staff - they always want to know feedback and will call action to issues swiftly. Nowsta is always updating with new features. I have used several staffing platforms over the years and Nowsta is by far my favorite.

Puntos a favor

Very fluid platform. Easily integrates with our other necessary systems that make staffing, scheduling, and back end work very seamless.

Puntos en contra

Loading time takes a bit sometimes. Nothing else.

Sam T.
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Switching to Nowsta was the best improvement we have made to our staffing department in years!

Revisado el 20/7/2018

The biggest has been reduced labor because the software is so easy to use on both the admin and employee sides of things. We used to spend so much time fiddling with a product that was difficult for the employees, thereby making it difficult for admins. Hours were spent trying to figure out why they couldn't clock in/out, changing passwords, resetting accounts, an on and on. For this reason, everyone has jumped on board and really embraced Nowsta (and really loves it), which if you've every changed to a different software that you had been using for years, you know is a tall order. In addition to reduced labor, it has reduced our stress, which is hard to put a price tag on!

Puntos a favor

The user interface is very clean and easy to use. Our entire organization has rallied around the software and thoroughly enjoys using it not only to check their schedule and clock in/out, but also to communicate with their teammates, view pertinent information relating to their event, and the ability to rate staff (even us old folks born before the age of smartphones find it easy to use)! Clocking in/out is now a breeze, and the process of approving shifts for time & attendance has reduced our labor and errors tremendously. And perhaps most importantly, the customer support is extremely fast and responsive. If you ever have any question, they are certain to receive your message and get you an answer in a very timely manner!

Puntos en contra

There really aren't any cons to list here as things that we think could be improved are being addressed by their team! So, what we like least is that we didn't have it years ago!

Sarah M.

Scheduling Software

Revisado el 19/12/2019

The entire Nowsta team has been responsive and easy to work with!

The ease of use and integration with Total Party Planner

Puntos en contra

We would like there to be an option that an administrator is able to clock in/out employees without having to be the event owner.

Mary jo "mj" P.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy to use, cuts staffing time in half, great customer support and overall highly recommended.

Revisado el 9/7/2018

Puntos a favor

Nowsta is a staffing platform that was created especially for the Catering & Event Industry. They did their research on what was needed and that comes full circle as you use it daily. On top of having great Customer Support and response time to questions, issues, concerns or suggestions, Nowsta provides a streamlined staffing software that is easy to use for all. Our response times are cut in half and we have more immediate feedback if a staff member is going to accept the shift or not. The Time & Attendance feature is super simple to approve times and notice and discrepancies. I would highly recommend.

Puntos en contra

Currently, the only thing I wish I had with this software. I have is having to log into the web application as a Coordinator and not having access through the app for making day of/on-site changes to staff, but this is a rare need for us and easy to use the web version from a phone internet browser.

Desiree J.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Never Been So Efficiently Staffed!

Revisado el 27/12/2019

Puntos a favor

We started using NOWSTA almost 2 years ago and it has made scheduling so much more efficient. We use it throughout our company - from servers and bartenders, to kitchen, warehouse, and office workers. The platform is user friendly for both schedulers and staff. Our Staffing Coordinator of almost 13 years says we have never been fully staffed so early for our events! And she doesn't have to rely on temporary staff as much anymore because we are staffed more efficiently.
Bonus - Nowsta's email newsletters are very informative and concise in the topics of labor laws, staffing trends, and other topics related to our industry.

Puntos en contra

Nothing major that I am aware of! Overall, it works well.