Automox

Plataforma de gestión de parches basada en la nube

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 55

Nathan
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Finally a software deployment tool that just works

Revisado el 18/10/2019

We had a very successful POC which showed how much time we would be saving using their platform.
Automox can automatically deploy patches endpoints need for OS or third-party applications.

I'm also very excited about the features they will be adding to their platform.

Puntos a favor

I love how responsive the product is for being agent-based.

Multi-platform support makes it easy to use one product for your patching and software deployment needs.

Automatic scanning which uncovers which patches are needed for installed applications/OS.

Their live dashboard makes it easy to determine the level of compliance.
Their built-in live chat makes it easy to connect with Support to resolve issues.

Puntos en contra

Their current reporting makes for troubleshooting deployment issues difficult sometimes but their support is top-notch and I've been told this is being addressed as is on their roadmap.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thanks for the great review, Nathan! We're glad to hear you're having a great experience with Automox. Reporting updates are absolutely on the roadmap. Stay tuned for exciting reporting updates coming soon!

Chris
  • Sector: Telecomunicaciones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Excellent patch management tool, that needs better dashboards and integrations.

Revisado el 26/10/2021

It's been a blessing, especially now all our workers are allowed to work remotely as much as they like. Without it, we'd have a real problem managing patches and enforcing certain system settings that used to require a VPN connection (sometimes rarely connected) or being in the office.

Puntos a favor

It's really easy to use and configure, which is great when you're a small team with a limited budget, but the thing I love most is that it's cross-platform, so we don't need 3 or 4 tools, scripts, or manual updates to manage all different Operating Systems and applications we use.

Puntos en contra

The dashboard is, well, pretty ugly, and doesn't really offer any customisation. I'd love to see UI update and custom charts based off search criteria.

Jamf Pro y System Center

Razones para cambiar a Automox

Cost and ease of use. It needed to be manageable internally without requiring a load of consultancy to set up and keep going.
COURTNEY
  • Sector: Relaciones gubernamentales
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Tickets will go unanswered

Revisado el 11/1/2021

The tool was great at first but when we tried to patch devices we kept having errors. The help desk takes weeks to respond and they can't seem to get issues resolved. There's too much back and forth and issues not getting fixed.

Puntos a favor

The dashboard is nice and allows a user to see what devices need to be patched.

Puntos en contra

The Help desk is hard to get in touch with. The help desk takes a long time to respond to issues. They need to manage a better help desk. Tickets go unresolved for weeks or months and devices can't be patched.

Mike

Automox

Revisado el 3/5/2020

Outstanding. Product has done exactly what is advertised (patch management) at a fair price. Support has also been great for the few times I had needed to reach out. They stayed on top of the ticket until it was resolved.

Puntos a favor

As a very small department with hundreds of computers with various software packages installed, I needed a way to top-down see the patch cadence. Automox was quick to deploy and quick to start getting results that I could take action on.

Puntos en contra

The core patch anagement features are great, but since there's an agent there may be some additional capability that could be added: Send message to user, shutdown computer, uninstall software, etc.

Kaseya VSA

Razones para cambiar a Automox

Price and demo trial period felt closer to what I was looking for.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thanks for the review Mike! We do actually have the ability to do the things you listed in the Cons section using the Worklets feature. Check out the Worklets category on our community where we have Worklets to send messages, shut down computers and remove unwanted software. If you need help getting a Worklet written to accomplish a task, please reach out to us and we're happy to help.

John
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Streamlining and simplifying our patching strategy in a "Do More with Less" world.

Revisado el 18/9/2019

Automox has significantly reduced our time it takes to patch our systems. We also are patching additional risks that were difficult to cover with other products. The result: A better security position for the company based on the risk reports we present to our executive leadership and risk committees.

Puntos a favor

This product is easy to configure, distribute, and use. It has cut down our patching cycle significantly, plus it doesn't require babysitting like many other solutions on the market. The biggest "like" though is that it has significantly reduced the risk of our company based on the reports we run from our vulnerability scanning.

Puntos en contra

UI continues to need some improvement; however, they do publish updates regularly.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thanks for the great review, John! Time to patch is a critical metric we believe more organizations need to understand and act on to ensure they're reducing security gaps. We agree that the UI needs some attention, and we've been actively working on some pretty cool updates. Stay tuned!

Abhilash
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Perfect for mixed environments

Revisado el 18/3/2020

I wish I had signed up for Automox earlier. It has reduced my department's overhead regarding maintaining updates quite a bit.

Where to start --
> Easy deployment
> Can be used as a basic inventory management system
> Integrates with Crowdstrike Falcon
> Windows computers no longer need to be in the network to receive updates from the server
> Can be used to replace Jamf for Macs since this handles Mac updates as well
> Other than OS updates, Automox updates many apps like Adobe, Zoom, Webex as well
> Excellent admin interface and dashboard

Puntos en contra

Not necessarily a con, but I would like a note/remark option under each computer so that I can add notes or encryption keys

Jason
  • Sector: Construcción

Exactly What We Needed

Revisado el 17/3/2022

It has been a good experience and their teams are very helpful and responsive.

Puntos a favor

It covers the most popular software packages on the market and allows us to address anything not picked up it our other products

Puntos en contra

Needs more APi to some of the other platforms we use but they are always willing to accept and add others to their list.

Kaseya VSA

Razones para cambiar a Automox

It worked the best, and had the important APi, we needed for integration to existing SIEM.
  • Sector: Educación superior

Game Changer!

Revisado el 17/5/2019

I found Automox at a conference and purchased about two weeks later. The team has been great to work with and stayed in touch, unlike so many others that disappear into the night after the PO is signed.

Puntos a favor

It took me nearly 20 years in I.T. to finally find a patch/update solution that I liked and that actually worked. In most simple terms...Automox just works! Setting up Automox itself was trivial. Installing the client is one of the easiest clients. After that...check in periodically, approve patches, and rest easy...because for once you know your systems are actually patched. Plus you have reporting for management without any extra effort.

Puntos en contra

It needs to grow more. Right now it still doesn't support 100% of our software, including some heavily used well-know titles. Support for other software needs to grow by at least 10x if it's going to have a chance to succeed. The software deployment piece also has some kinks to work out.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

That's for the great feedback! We agree that supported software needs improvement and are actively working on it! If you're open to it, please send our Support team ([email protected]) the software titles you would like to see as it can help us prioritize our list.

Manoj
  • Sector: Servicios de información

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Simple software that continues to get better

Revisado el 23/9/2018

The software is simple and rollout is seamless, the console ensures we know whats going on for updates on our inhouse and cloud servers, this relieves a lot of manual work which we used to do on the boxs to keep them upto speed with windows updates.

Puntos a favor

Constant upgrades, good service and clear communication.

Puntos en contra

Lack of formal inventory planning, they are getting there but I dont think its a priority yet, however at the print point automox is a great value.

George

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great product. Easy to use and deploy. Phenomenal Customer Service.

Revisado el 25/1/2018

Automated patch management for my end-users. Peace of mind for my team and I knowing that we do not need to manual patch systems.

Puntos a favor

Organization deployment is quick and painless. Current UI is lightyears ahead of the previous version which makes navigation easy and logical.

Puntos en contra

Small UI quirks here and there. Scheduling is not as exact as I would like. All of which is on their road map.

Alan
  • Sector: Software informático
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

Set it and forget it!

Revisado el 13/4/2021

10/10 would roll this product out everytime someone needs to do automated patch management for small/medium businesses.

Puntos a favor

Worklets feature is extreme useful for running scripts against your assets. This saved me big time with rolling out upgrades of AV software that were not exactly Big Sur ready. Automox is still rapidly building and evolving their product to meet the needs of the community and progress is very transparent. If they decided to go into the MDM space for mac management, that would double their value proposition.

Puntos en contra

The scheduling is still relatively naive, it will reboot your computer during a zoom because there's no "benefit of the doubt" if you miss their pop-up notifications. There's no way to do bandwidth capping for downloads. There doesn't seem to be any uninstall prevention.

Jamf Pro

Razones para cambiar a Automox

Pricing and ease of rollout.
Danny

Awesome product

Revisado el 26/7/2019

Automox is the first patch management software I've used that I can trust to get the job done without babysitting. That said I did take 4 months of babysitting to prove to myself that I can finally relax, a little, and not worry about the job getting done.

Puntos a favor

Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use.

Puntos en contra

The only issue I've seen so far, not really a problem just an annoyance, is when you sort by "Group Membership" it sorts the pages separately instead of truly sorting by the column. Like I said, just annoying.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Hi Danny! Thank you for your awesome feedback. We hear on you on your frustrations with around group membership sorting have it on our roadmap to solve! Glad to hear you like our product and it's very easy to use!

Corey

Possibilities are endless - Not just an update platform

Revisado el 29/5/2019

It's been a delight working with the software and the Automox team themselves. They're a great bunch that truly understands the needs of their customers.

Solid A+

Puntos a favor

Windows Updates were our only priority when finding a solution, but once I realized the potential of what they had on their roadmap... I was hooked. Windows Updates/Software Patch Management/Custom policies/Reporting/Live dashboard.... It is a hefty tool that I plan to take advantage of as long as possible.

They're always improving and adding features, and they take customer feedback very seriously. I've seen features fixed/updated or even features I've suggested on their roadmap within a week of discussing.

Puntos en contra

Originally, dashboard performance was hit/miss. It has improved a lot since then, and they're still working on further improving performance.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thank you so much for the feedback, Corey! We appreciate the grade on our work and are excited to hear your experience has been excellent! We are constantly improving performance and are glad to see you noticed as well as the features we add. We're excited for the future and to work more with happy users like yourself.

David
  • Sector: Formación profesional y coaching

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cloud based patch management ideal for multi-site and remote users

Revisado el 20/5/2019

I have seen a big improvement in patching remote systems and laptops over the last two years. The cost involved with Automox is offset by the time that would have been wasted on WSUS and the non-profit discount is a great help.

Puntos a favor

The software is simple to deploy and requires little attention once installed, but ensures excellent endpoint visibility. If you consider patching to have the same importance as endpoint security, you need a tool like this to see the patch status of your endpoints and servers.

Puntos en contra

You need to remember to delete retired endpoints from the console.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Well stated, David! Thanks for your input and we agree the retired endpoints reminder is a great idea. We will add that to some other discussions around our roadmap.

Zachary
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Great Patch Management Unrivaled Reliability

Revisado el 24/3/2021

Great. We haven't found another solution that enforces patch policies as reliably as Automox, let alone making manual approvals of patches as easy as it is.

Puntos a favor

Powerful patch management and proven reliability. Excellent reporting and policy enforcement.

Puntos en contra

Software deployment can be slightly more complicated than some other solutions as it does require some scripting to complete the process. However, it is worth noting that scripting process isn't terribly difficult and is well documented.

Brendan
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

Trifecta - Mac, Windows, Linux management

Revisado el 20/5/2019

Even though it is new, I am impressed. Any new start up would be crazy not to give this tool a look. Any IT shop that is cross-platform should give them a try too.

Puntos a favor

The requirements of my management tool were hard to fill: support the 3 major OS client flavors, be run as an SaaS offering, and it must not depend on Active Directory. I was surprised to find all 3 requirements were near impossible to find, heck even 1 of the 3 was a challenge, 2 seemed impossible. Then I stumbled on Automox - all 3 boxes checked. The test drive was simple - and powerful. The tool is fast too! Once a client is installed it is mere moments until a complete hardware/software inventory is reported in the console, and policies are ready to be deployed. Need software to go out to a Macbook, Windows laptop, and Linux rig? It can do all three.

Puntos en contra

The solution is new - and still working on features. It isn't buggy as you might expect, but it lacks great reporting, and a few features I would love to see. However they do respond to requests, and they do share their roadmap with customers. So I know some of the drawbacks are already on the way to improvement.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thank you for the feedback, Brendan! We're excited for the future of reporting among other areas we're focusing our efforts this year.

Gregory
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

Life Saver

Revisado el 14/5/2021

We deployed Automox to help patching and maintaining of almost 100 computers and 15 servers onsite and cloud based. Most of the staff has been in a hybrid work scenario office/remote so the old methods of updates were time consuming. Automox was also easy to implement in our BYOD environment.

Saved a huge amount of time. We tried other solutions or modules in our RMM but they required constant work. We spend much less time administering Automox.

Puntos a favor

Appreciated the ease of use and the quick start up time and quick responses from the support team. Use on both Macs and PCs was much easier than other systems.

Puntos en contra

Don't have a con so far. I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Daniel
  • Sector: Museos e instituciones

Simple and Stable Patching Solution

Revisado el 14/8/2019

Great, zero complaints. Support has been excelent, the one time I needed to contact them (which was due to my lack on knowledge rather than an actual issue.)

Puntos a favor

Easy UI to Learn, Easy to setup Patching Policies, Easy Install Process, Fast and Knowledgeable Support, Fast UI Load Times.

Puntos en contra

Possibly too simple for companies that want more hands-on control with patching.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thank you for the great feedback, Daniel! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience and see the value of the hands-off approach. As for more hands-on control, we have some features on our roadmap to address this!

Automox - SaaS Patch Management for IT teams

Revisado el 17/5/2019

Due the fact that we have globally multiple locations and are workforce is also remote, Automox solve many issues which we had before to keep our computers up to date and patch against the latest security threats. We had tried few products and none of them was so simple to use, deploy and get to business ion very short period of time for our IT team.

Puntos a favor

Simplicity of deployment, not requirement of long training to get use to it, cross support for Windows/Max and Linux. Ability to patch system that are remote and not physically in the office.

Puntos en contra

In beginning there were not many features and no SSO support -- this has been quickly added into the product in very short period of time.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thanks for noticing our new features, we appreciate it! We have more coming, stay tuned!

Mark
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Automox - Easy to implement and maintain.

Revisado el 24/3/2021

The ease of use is what brought us to Automox. They haven't disappointed.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to implement and maintain. Automox is customizable with Grouping of devices and different types of policies. The types of policies include the standard types of patches, plus things like required software , and more detailed scripting via Worklets to do just about anything.

Puntos en contra

Not really any dislikes. They continually rollout features and improvements. These can tracked by viewing the product roadmap.

Gary

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Timely patching, and save time!

Puntos a favor

It reduces the amount of manual work I have to do on users machines to ensure they are patched and up to date. I can easily identify when critical patches come in and inform users what's happening, creating that great user experience.

Puntos en contra

The notifications have been slightly problematic for us as users do not know what is updating (on the basic patching licence). Office has sometimes just shut down in the middle of a user doing work. This could be addressed in the full version by creating custom policies for certain high-touch products/software packages.

Reboot notifications could do with being more obvious to the user, who is highly likely to simply click it and not pay attention, though this is not direct failing on Automox's part. A small change in wording may help change the impact ("Install now" vs "Install and reboot")

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Great feedback, Gary! Thank you! We're happy we could save you time and keep your machines patched and up to date. As for your thoughts on the notifications, we agree and appreciate your input here. We have notifications on our roadmap and look forward to hearing more from users like yourself down the road.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Best in market OS agnostic cloud native patch/vulnerability remediation solution.

Revisado el 7/3/2018

Fully solved our need for patching/vulnerability management. Full stop.

Puntos a favor

Automox's laser focus on patching/vulnerability remediation makes beats multifunction competitors who try to do too much and fail in multiple areas. If you're looking for patching stop and try Automox now.

Puntos en contra

Reporting has made huge improvements in the last year but still has room for improvement. They're also adding 3rd party software but currently don't have wide coverage.

Tina
  • Sector: Banca

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Program updating made easy!

Revisado el 22/5/2019

The interaction is the Automox customer service is great; any question I have had has been answered quickly and concisely.

Puntos a favor

The Automox program has made my life so much easier. The installation and set up process is extremely easy; once you add your servers and workstations, set up groups and assign the IP addresses to the group, you are finished. The reporting is easy and clear and the notification process is as easy as checking a box and reading the email!

Puntos en contra

I have not found any cons. My experience with Automox has been wonderful.

Respuesta de Automox Traducir a español

Thank you so much for the great review, Tina!

Nathan
  • Sector: Telecomunicaciones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Automox Review

Revisado el 26/3/2021

Great product. Anticipate using it beyond its intended lifecycle. Made life a lot easier and a lot simpler.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use. Easy to setup and deploy. Cost is effective. worked great during the beginning of the Pandemic when on-prem update services had major drawbacks.

Puntos en contra

Integration with AV was tiring. Troubleshooting software deployment packages.

Darrell
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Easy cloud management for updates and patches for OS and software

Revisado el 27/9/2017

Gives us an overview of computer updates and problem computers

Puntos a favor

Easy to deploy with group policy and has an easy to read dashboard that makes it simple to spot problem computers. Supports multiple organizations without having to use different logins

Puntos en contra

Takes time to learn the new interface after major updates, does not have an obvious alert when you run out of endpoint licences