565 opiniones

Brilliant Directories

Software todo en uno de gestión de socios y directorio.

4,7 /5 (565 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!
Calificación general
565 opiniones
Mitchell D.
Sector: Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones
Traducir a español

Wow, does this have lots of features...

Revisado el 30/9/2019

Love it

Puntos a favor

But they are sort of the Feature Creep situation where by adding all things -- and they have a program where if we help design a new feature we can get a royalty....

Puntos en contra

Sort of complicate -- could have a better series for onboarding -- like here's a series or 12 Videos to watch -- like 10 minute videos.

Nick B.
Sector: Formación profesional y coaching
Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
Traducir a español

Love it for two big reasons!

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 13/5/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Loving it and loved the service. Super quick and responsive service.

Puntos a favor

There were two reasons I bought Brilliant Directories within hours of discovering it!

Firstly, the software itself was far better than any other directory I had found by far (including the horrible experience of trying to build one on Wordpress with ListingPro).

Secondly, the service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]called me within minutes of my inquiry and patiently walked me through the platform. She was super clear and very helpful and I "walked" away with 3 licenses!

Puntos en contra

Nothing yet - I am still building it but it's clear to me that is is excellent.

Dan M.
Sector: Consultoría de gestión

My BD Site experience

Revisado el 17/11/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Exceptional with BD people not so great with the partners or ex BD employees - seem the system is held up for ransom from these folks

Puntos a favor

Affordable, ease of use, adaptable for several projects I have developed

Puntos en contra

That the BD team is reluctant to provide more support and make us poor souls rely on the partners who have found a way to monitize a wonderful product.

The support and new features should stay within BD and it could grow even bigger.

I would rather pay BD the support fees than people who run away because they are not fully committed to the product - just there to capitilize on something great

Usuario verificado
Traducir a español

Starting your directory reality for the Entrepreneur

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 18/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

Puntos a favor

I really loved the fact that, budget didn't stop me from purchasing the software. They will work with you as long as you keep an open dialogue of communication. You are able to see a demo of the software before purchase. The website is fresh with good quality webpages, and does not look mediocore. You are offered all the comforts of a basic directory website for users attempting to get started. For customers that utlize the site they are given user friendly functionality of a working online directory. You are given access to others who use the service and their websites to see what your site could look like, and different directories that users who purchased the software utlize it for. If you do not have a color scheme they give you several to use and you can change the color scheme at any time, by picking pre-selected schemes. They do have webinars they invite you too. They have forums and suggestions to improve the software. First impression this is what you would want starting your business and later you can request to see about acting custom functions to your site as your business grows. You have an option to hire a designer for x amount of hours to get your site up and running. They do offer some free services you can add on and some a la carte services as well. Based on its competition, and the web layout of the site to look and function as a directory should it is a top three with competition. You can submit a trouble ticket for single questions, or multiple questions to the site. They do offer an affiliate referral program as well.

Puntos en contra

Has video tutorials with how to do's that so not reflect current software uprgrades, so when watching the tutorials on how to do certain functions it does not match your version which can be very confusing for someone who does not know much about computer software.
Videos are time consuming, to learn each function. If you make any errors on spelling trying to remember how to get to that part of the website to fix it cane be a hassle. There should be a process to upload users manually. In order to learn the software you have to watch the tutorials and you don't have the options to fiddle with the software as with other programs.
There are some features they are needing to consider to intergerate in their software rather than going to a 3rd party site such as reservations booking, affiliate marketing, etc. adding rather simple feature intergration would surely improve their ranking as one of the best directory service providers for features. These could be features in the future with more customer demand. When it comes to how to do tutorials they need to re-vise videos to reflect the current upgrades, and make some processes easier.
With many of the fustrations of learning the software and time consumption makes working on your site more of a hesitation, after spending so much money and time to put up the concept and to spend an equal amount of time learning the software is a lot for a new comer and if you do not have the time and patience to learn the software this will be a bad business purchase fail.
They should consider an interactive learning guide. Which features screen shots of each screen and explains what each part of the screen is and does then provides a link to edit. Most people are needing a "For Dummies" and do not understand text labels, default values, etc. and if your software is suppose to be the answer for their needs then providing a complete explanation for every function, every section, etc. of your software is very important so no monetizing or marketing effort is missed. The guide should be realistic such as "I want to manually upload users information" then state if the function can be done or not.
The older posts in teh forums which says "answered" you go to view the answer it says "You are not allowed to access this page!" if i own my site why would i be limited to answers to monetize my site? So it leaves members with the same question and no update on the answer or any help. esp. when a link with the answer is provided and your not allowed access is fustrating and limiting. You began to feel some type of way about your purchase and receiving quality answers. If you made a purchase to start an idea and not given full access on answers for improvement is very limiting.
My advice is if you can't set the time and patience aside to learn the system consider hiring a designer at an additional cost to get started they also offer at additional cost to get one on one time to have someone teach you the software and get your business started.
The belief to get your business up and running tomorrow is not true, it will require time to build up your site before you would feel comfortable launching. This is not a user friendly drop and click website, you will have to really learn the software, espicially if your on a budget.
Still struggling with getting my site up and getting answers to can I set my site up to make

Willaim H.
Sector: Internet
Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Customer Service

Revisado el 12/10/2020

Puntos a favor

I'm a huge fan of organizations that have great teams. I am just now diving into the software and thus far it's been pretty easy to use. More importantly, the team has been great to work with. As an owner of a software company myself - customer service is something I am big on. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the BD team have been a pleasure to work with.

Puntos en contra

I have nothing to complain about at this time.

Steve C.
Traducir a español

These guys are truly passionate about letting normal people own productive and customisable websites

Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
Revisado el 24/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I managed to create a website which allows me to work from home and make some extra money to help with the bills. I created a top-notch website with no knowledge of programming or coding, thanks to the great work done behind the scenes by everyone involved with Brilliant Directories. They are truly passionate about their work, and it shows.

Puntos a favor

My previous website built by another company started falling to pieces due to the fact that the programmers wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for every comma or full stop I needed to add. I could not do any alterations myself, even though they had promised that I would own the code. In the end, I lost all my google rankings and it became ineffective. I was about to lose all my members and 3 years of hard work.
I am so glad that after some research, I found this great company who ticked all the boxes of my requirements.
First, I wanted to be able to customise all the site pages. Not just the design features. I needed to be able to create new customised pages, in order to allow me to develop my original concept. As well, I wanted this flexibility to be able to keep the website relevant as time went by.
Secondly, I wanted to have a support team which is expert and dedicated to this site. The main clincher is that the support is included for free with the package you buy, and not charged separately for every minor issue one will invariably encounter along the way. The exception to this is when you need to do some major changes which will affect the whole system. The job you require is quoted by select programmers, who do a great job.
The forte of brilliant directories is their amazing documentation, video tutorials and the Webinar Wednesdays. Go through these and you can learn how to manage your site inside and out. They hold nothing back. Cannot thank them enough.

Puntos en contra

Even though Brilliant Directories offer website templates for most types of businesses, varying from Yellow pages type, to Real Estate to Events to Jobs, if you have a website concept that doesn't fit exactly into a template, then you need to do some customisation. For this you need to pay extra.
The learning curve increases the more different your concept varies from the templates. There are so many possibilities with this software, that you can never really master it all, especially if you have no coding knowledge like myself.
However, considering the low entry fee, and that most businesses are covered by the templates, then the chance of any major software customisation you might need are minimal. Anyway, to their credit, they are constantly updating the basic structure with new functions and this is decreasing the need of customisation.

Faruk B.
Traducir a español

Out of the box directory business model

Revisado el 17/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The fact that I can test my business model is very good. I was able to quickly get a directory site up and working while I was planning other aspects of my business like the marketing etc...

Puntos a favor

With Brilliant Directories, it's very easy to get a directory business up running very quickly. It has so many templates to choose from to suit your business needs.

There are so many ways you can customize your site. From the colors to fonts etc... Also, I believe that its very SEO friendly for not just me the admin but other businesses who list their business on the site.

Looks very professional.

Few things I don't like.

1. Brilliant Directories hosts your websites for you. I would've liked to host my sites on my own servers.

2. Some of the VIP add-ons could've been given on the frontend for free. Just simple things like social logins should've been free.

4. Businesses can't seem to create their own categories. We the admin of the site have to create these. Would so much better if the businesses created the categories & sub-categories and these get added to the search functionality.

3. Nothing to help retain your users. Something like a built-in customer loyalty program would be really helpful to keep users coming back.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 7.0/10

Yakin S.
Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información
Traducir a español

Best software to build a business directory

Revisado el 5/2/2019

Puntos a favor

All the tools needed to launch a directory in same day

Puntos en contra

More payment gateway options which works in recurring payments is missing.

More design of layouts of home, search results and members profile pages required to match today's need..

Daniel Q.
Traducir a español

It´s really a great product

Software usado Otro durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 7/7/2020

Puntos a favor

First, it was the perfect option that we need for our real estate directory/membership website. It´s just intuitive and simple to use, I bet if you have no experience in web design and I ask you to craft something within a couple of hours, without using the tool ever, you will be able to get something. And all of the add-ons, OMG! That´s what I love the most, almost everything that you can think to add to your brand new website is there.

Now, something I admire is that BD openly invites you to compare their product and services with other options, and that´s not something that all companies do, for me, that says a lot of trust and confidence of what they have to offer and that makes me feel I am with the right company.

Puntos en contra

To get the UX and UI to the next level you need a coder. But that doesn´t mean it is not good, it means that if you want to add a functionality that you don´t see or if you want to give it a totally different design, then you can get a coder to work on it.

Derrick B.
Traducir a español

Great company overall. Would highly recommend!

Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 29/6/2020

Very intuitive software
Great customer service

Puntos en contra

lots of moving parts to learn if you're not experienced.

Doris F.

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

Revisado el 4/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Puntos a favor

I like most about this product is the ease of the video tutorials, and the prompt response from the support teams, they really helped me set up my directory with minimal stress.

Puntos en contra

I don't like that I'm not able to understand the development side of the software. Things that I'd like to implement into my site I'm not able to, because I don't know how to read codes, and scripts.

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hi Doris. We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback. We're thrilled that you've been successful with the software.

Regarding the major customizations that may require some coding, we hear your complaints. This is our development teams number one priority at the moment. We truly do appreciate your honest review. It's what helps us continue to improve the software for our amazing users like yourself :)

Victoria B.

Good software, but must know HTML, CSS and Javascript to get the full benefit

Revisado el 3/9/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

There was definitely a learning curve with this software. I was not aware that so much HTML knowledge was necessary. Even the support is answered in a way that tells you to go in and change some HTML, which I think is misleading. I am not that knowledgeable in programming languages and I'm finding it difficult to go in and make some of the changes I need to make. The term 'widget' is also misleading. I'm sure the designers/creators know that many of us are coming from WordPress and for the most part, their widgets do not need extensive editing via HTML to do what you need. With BD, there is no WYSIWYG editor for the widgets which makes it nearly impossible to get the widget to do the things you need unless you hire a developer, which brings me back to some of the features being misleading. If you are like me and running a one-person show, you will not be able to pay thousands or even hundreds of dollars to get a widget to display differently, something that should be easily editable via a WYSIWYG editor. Also, searching for which widget controls what is confusing, even when viewing your website as an admin. I think this is powerful software and I can appreciate the time spent developing it, however I think more consideration needs to be given to those who are not developers. It's only fair.

Puntos a favor

I like the payment features, especially the fact that members can upgrade their plan on their own. I also like that the software comes with payment processing built right in. The geolocation is also a great feature.

Puntos en contra

As I stated above, too much programming knowledge is needed to get the full use of the software. I think future updates need to address this issue and help make it more user-friendly. Also, it is difficult sometimes to find where you need to go to make certain updates - the section titles are not clear.

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hi Victoria, thanks so much for your feedback! The Brilliant Directories platform was designed so that anyone, despite their experience level with HTML or CSS, can successfully launch and manage a directory website. While more complex edits and customizations do require the editing of some HTML or CSS, the majority of the website settings are either point-and-click or drag-and-drop. We truly do value your input and will be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. Many of our upcoming updates do reflect your suggestions to incorporate even more point-and-click options that don't require any HTML or CSS knowledge. We love hearing what our users have to say so that we can continue making the platform even more easy to use. Thanks for the review!

Paul W.
Traducir a español

The only Directory platform you'll want or need...

Revisado el 21/7/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I wanted to open an online directory and did my research online. I didn't have alot of money or time and wanted something easy to setup without hours and dollars spent customising as i'm a perfectionist.

Enter BrilliantDirectories.com

I paid their comparatively tiny fee and placed the directory theme on my domain. The default theme is good but the ability to edit it is very easy so I spent a while changing the theme to my liking.

The SEO,features and everything required to run an online directory are included and I imported some businesses very easily. Note , their admin shows a 10GB LIMIT but this can be ignored , I went over the limit of data but BD allow this so there are no limitations when using BrilliantDirectories.

The site is currently live at PURELOCAL.com.au and it is great.

I highly suggest purchasing the lifetime licence , 1 domain lifetime licence is what I got but am considering spending a little more to get lifetime licences for 5 domains. Their server appears to have constant uptime and all server/ftp/etc edits can be done including htaccess , gzip , ssl , security , optimisation , etc.

There is 1 other service offering the same .. service..which I viewed online but their default themes were ugly and their prices higher.

In terms of support with your BD site - they have an online forum and ticket system which will answer your questions within 1-2 days. Because they are popular they answer alot of support tickets therefore I wouldn't demand an immediate answer as your request takes 1-2 days to investigate and aptly respond to. All you need to perfect or edit the design of your BD store is a mediocre knowledge of CSS - but if you're not computer savvy at all , you'll still be able to run your own great looking online directory...

I'm rating BrilliantDirectories a 4.9/5 ... if you're a user of BD and require my help with something , please contact me through PURELOCAL AUSTRALIA.

All the best and best of luck with your BD site!

PAUL

ALL BASES COVERED
HIGHLY CUSTOMISABLE

NO CONS THAT COME TO MIND

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for the stunning review - we're glad your directory has taken off without a hitch!

We understand how important good tech support is to our customers. We typically respond to tickets within 1 business day, though we do appreciate your understanding if it takes slightly longer.

Our team is always just a click away to help make your dream website a reality. Cheers!

Susan F.
Traducir a español

Confused by support emails and options

Revisado el 19/5/2015
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Have been getting regular emails about support. One that arrived the other day said would cost $2000. to set up my website, and want to know, how much of a setup is that?

Will you find an appropriate template?
Set colors?
Upload my logo?

Discuss with me and set options for membership levels?

Discuss with me and upload categories from plan?

Can you send me any links from websites you did the setup and they went live?

In addition I recall asking for basic training but no one got back to me about a time to set that up. Instead I got an email to complete to get developer bids. Seems like I'm responding to your emails request for response, and not sure if anyone is actually reading them and responding... which leaves me confused.

Hiring a developer may be too expensive for me. The other day I responded to one of your emails and attached the startup plan excel document and you said you could set up my website for $200. if that includes colorizing, choosing a template that will shine, communicating with me so categories and membership levels are good, my logo is uploaded and looking good on background and my site looks professional, and is truly ready to go... ready to sell... ready to use to look up local restaurants, etc. Great! Bottomline is if you can get me up and going, looking and working good for $200., will use my logo, and discuss with me how to manage the site, I would love to move ahead and do that, and want to know how to get that clarified and move forward. Right now I'm confused as to how to find out more details about the levels of support, what I really get (such as I have a domain at godaddy or hostgator so how does that work?), and seems when I do respond to your emails for support -- like I thought I booked a getting started session request -- yet no one got back to me with a response about actually setting up the training time. So am confused and want to forge ahead... otherwise... love you folks :)

Thanks!

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help - especially if this is your first directory website with us.

99% of users can start customizing their sites with colors, images, text, membership levels and more after watching some of the GETTING STARTED video guides.

Here's a link to find some easy video guides to show you how to set up all the aspects of your directory website.

The first video is "WELCOME TO BRILLIANT DIRECTORIES":

It shows first-time users some of the most basic features of the software. As always, please feel free to browse our Knowledge Base and join discussions in the community forums here:

We wish you great success with your directory website. Help is just a click away!

- Brilliant Directories

Ceslovas R.
Sector: Software informático
Traducir a español

Finally I have made a decision!

Revisado el 27/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have been looking for a platform for creating business software and its vendors directory. I analyzed many Word Press Directory Themes available on the market and decided not to compile my system from numerous plugins but to use integrated platform devoted for this purpose.
After comparing Market Grabber, eDirectory and Brilliant Directories platforms I have chosen the last one.
Pros:
1. Convenient directory structure. I will use Listing feature for Vendors and Product feature for software systems.
2. Continually developing leads generating module.
3. Perfectly developed users training and support system (videos, documentation, community forums').
Cons:
1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature.
2. Products rating and review functionality is missing.
3. Not very flexible pricing setting system for different membership levels. It would be nice to set additional payments for every category and service area.

Puntos a favor

2. Continually developing leads generating module.

Puntos en contra

1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature.
2. Products rating and review functionality is missing.

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hi Ceslovas. Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you've found our training and support resources helpful. We are constantly adding new material to our Support Center to make sure our users have as many resources at their disposal as possible.

I also appreciate the cons you laid out - these help us improve the software. Regarding the pricing system for your different members, while individual membership levels are limited to the pricing options you set for them, you can create more niche/specific membership levels for certain categories or service areas. You can then set different payment options for those - just another option :)

Thank you again for your feedback!!

Jon R.

Great Value

Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 24/11/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Generally good ... I will say I haven't used it as much as I have hoped but ultimately that is on me ....

Puntos a favor

I really like the webinar Wednesdays when I have attended them, I will admit it has been a while but see the additional training as valuable. I find the software robust and while my website building skills are on the lower end I can usually figure out how to use the software, it might take me a little longer but ultimately I usually figure it out.

Puntos en contra

In some ways the same as my pros in that it can be somewhat difficult and overwhelming at times but that has to do more with my skill level but generally I find a way so not too much of a complaint here.

Luis R.
Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril

My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories

Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis
Revisado el 28/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!

Puntos a favor

I really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.

Puntos en contra

Cons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.

Cristina W.
Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

Revisado el 11/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support.
3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided.

It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items to the menu but when I asked support for my menu to be the same as Brilliant Directories demo it took a long time for me to have it done even though I sent the link to the demo the way I wanted.

I received the link to the video showing how to manage the menus 3 times even though I was saying that I have learned that already. By now there are a lot of pending things that are not happening in terms of support.

The ticket system is not efficient. It takes a lot of time for the ticket to be responded and when responded a lot of times is with another questions and your answer opens another ticket which takes even more time to be responded.

Kelvin Vaughan is amazing and promptly responds every time you contact him.
A suggestion to improve the awesome service Kelvin provides as representative of Brilliant Directories would be someone in the support team who could take care of everything the client would need to just start right after signing up, because the support is deficient and is not giving the high level of service Kelvin represents and gives on a personal level.

I wrote in my feedback

Inefficient Customer support

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hi Cristina. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We hear what you're saying and we will do everything we can to improve our customer support. Sometimes our support team gets a bit back logged when an influx of support tickets are submitted, but we are committed to our 24 hour-maximium response times. And while our users wait for a response, we do encourage them to browse our free support center which has hundreds of support documents and video tutorials, along with participating in our community forums.

But I absolutely understand where you are coming from and we will be working to improve our customer support. We sincerely thank you for your honest feedback, it's what helps us make our product and support even better. Thank you!

Delyse W.
Sector: Educación primaria/secundaria
Traducir a español

Fantastic product, easy to use

Revisado el 25/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Such a beautiful, practical product which you can start using straight away.
The team at Brilliant Directories are terrific and there are many avenues to find support if you need it. Excellent value for money considering this is a complete website that you can start using to generate income after just a few steps.
Navigation from both the back end and front end is easy, user friendly and fast. Easy to integrate with my existing wordpress site through links - I love that it is a stand alone product. Really happy!

Puntos a favor

How user friendly it is and the clean layout and design. I also like that it is a stand alone product. The features are comprehensive and I know will be excellent value for my customers.

Puntos en contra

The upload of the categories didn't work for me via the csv file however I am yet to discuss with the support team what I may have been doing wrong.

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hi Delyse. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are thrilled the software is working as needed. I completely understand where you are coming from regarding support and that is a major facet of the company that we are currently working to improve. Feedback like yours helps us in doing that. Thank you!

William B.
Sector: Arte y artesanía
Traducir a español

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

Revisado el 5/6/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays, and extensive online documentation. People that work at this company don’t just want to sell you a website package. Instead, they are all about creating successful business relationships! They fully understand that their customers’ success is their future success. Their Bootstrap framework provides the flexibly for each particular business needs. Thank God I no longer have to deal with trying to get a theme and a countless number of plugins to work together. I have 4 websites with Brilliant Directories now and plan to add many more in the future. If you are looking to get your business online, I highly recommend Brilliant Directories. They are #1 for a reason!

Puntos a favor

Having the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.

Puntos en contra

My experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.

Tima V.
Traducir a español

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

Revisado el 16/9/2014
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD.

I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude.

I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction and made me truly feel I had a friend holding my hand through those first days Kindness and professionalism are hard to come by these days'and Gaby you have this rare ability

I want to thank Esteban who as a developer really eased my mind, was so incredibly willing to help at all hours, his coding talent, and the energy of how much he really is proud of BD. He got me through that time when I was about to throw in the towel.

I want to thank Alex 'for her meticulous responses, to every bullet point, her kindness and empathy ' and her professionalism and great organization. I never worried I wouldn't receive a response, and always felt at ease you would always find a way to get everything done.

And Oscar ' thank you for the last 'bugs'.

As a developer, I need to say, your code is excellent, very light'script-wise etc. And hardly any bugs. I've worked on CMS's with so many scripts (for example Magento) - yours seems light as a feather.

The BD template has great SM integration, email templates and member backend - you saved my client thousands of dollars in development fees. If my client takes advantage of your lead generation system - there is no excuse for not having a successful directory. You have supplied all anyone needs for a strong launch.

That you don't have a lot info for a developer yet is probably the only thing that was frustrating. It would be nice to see visually what all those widgets are in the backend, but I know that will come in the future.

Finally, at some point, Alex said to me, 'Welcome to the BD family' on Skype. It really meant something to me, I actually felt it, and after days of working with you all I realized just how much of a family you all are, how you all respect each other and work so closely and with so much care. That 'Welcome to the BD family' wasn't just a typical business welcome. It was a real thing. I would love to work with you all again. And for sure, I will be recommending BD to other developers

Andy G.
Sector: Animación
Traducir a español

Honest Review - as requested.

Revisado el 27/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Going to focus in the negative, which is probably want you want to hear. Before I start, I love your product and I'm looking forward to adding more directories in the future. OK, the bad stuff.
1. Reading through previous posts, over a year old I read that restricted access admins still cannot be created - this is essential to a large directory!!

2. Your offer to make a one off payment rather than monthly concerned me initially, regarding credibility and why? Why would any business prefer short term gain rather than a monthly rental? At first this set off alarm bells regarding cash flow, then I came to the conclusion that it is probably due to a high churn rate of directory owners, so hit em big once makes sense.

The rolling last month - ending forever this month is a bit cheesy too.

Customer support, I deliberately gave you a low rating to make you notice, in reality customer service was great - BUT offering a better level of support to paid members is not encouraging for newbies trying to get their directory functional within the trial period. I did get a reasonable explanation regarding resources, but I still think its not a good idea.

Conclusion - love it.............just need to make it work now.

read previous

as above

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hi Andy. Thank you so much for such an honest review. We truly do appreciate it as it's reviews like yours that help us improve our software each and every day.

Regarding your concern with implementing a feature to limit admin access for "lower level" admins - that feature is in the pipeline and our development team is working diligently on it.

Regarding the one-time payment, I understand your concerns. In fact, we've recently switched over to monthly payment plans and have done away with our one-time payment option.

Thank you again for such an honest review. We take everything to heart and we will absolutely be using your review along with every other review to improve our company as a whole, our customer support division, as well as the software itself.

Cheers!

Jj W.

My opinion of Brilliant Directories

Revisado el 9/2/2015
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I would like to share my brief opinion of Brilliant Directories

Our team have looked into many directory softwares before we decided on BD.

We are experts in WordPress sites and have created and still run a number of WordPress based directories

We have purchased 3 FULL licenses from BD as we fully believe this is the best directory software available.

BD is 99% ready to go live from the very start, many sites will be able to signup, watch the videos, do some basic changes and off they go. It is the closest directory software thats ready to go straight from off the shelf.

We are trying to create directory sites that function slightly different to the majority of directory sites out there, so we are undertaking many customisations in the looks and design and the way it functions.

Our development team have found the structure of the BD backend, the access to certain functions and code, is amazingly simple and easy.

The more we play around with the system and the code, the more we appreciate what the Brilliant Directory team have created.

On the surface the BD admin area is basic. However looking at it in more details you will find that theres a whole world of tweaks, changes and edits that are possible.

The system appears to be rock solid, and even when we think we are pushing the system to its limits with code changes, it always functions well.

We are extremely happy with our purchase of the FULL licenses, and we have no doubt we will be able to create the perfect directory sites we are aiming to achieve.

The only negative we need to make is that we are based in different time zones from the BD team so when we ask a question, we are always a day late in getting a response even if responded by the BD team that same day.

I think if the BD team can improve their support reply time scale then the service will be not far from perfect in our opinion

I hope that this helps people in some way, and gives some idea of our experience

BD team, you guys are nearly there, keep improving the system (as we see you do) and customer service side of things and we think you will go far as a business.

Looking forward to launching our sites and creating our directory businesses with you guys.

Mainul S.
Sector: Servicios de información
Traducir a español

Brilliant Directory is a dream product for directory solution

Revisado el 20/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I find them very professional in service. Great training materials and documentation.

Puntos a favor

The best part of Brilliant Directory is it complete integrated solution looking at almost all aspects needed by the business group, associations or community. Starting from membership to classified, real estate, product catalog almost everything is there to serve a business group or community.

Before coming to BD, I have tried many other solution which solves on pieces of the puzzle but does not offer all in one composite platform. Additional features or services integrated in the system, offers extra marketable strength for the client if one looks from the business point of view.

From service point of view, i have got answers or solutions within 24hrs in most cases. Did not experience any bugs so far. VIP addons are really powerful and end users never said no when i explained the features to them. Representative always goes extra miles to keep the customer happy and earns our undoubted loyalty.

Puntos en contra

Initially price seemed to be on the higher side comparing other solutions in the market. But once started using it and exploring the features, it was worth investing. If one is really intending to be in the business for long time, life price will start making sense.

Post moderation feature could have been an integral part from the beginning, but now it is there.

Tali K.

Brilliant Directories Software Review

Revisado el 30/1/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

This software is good in terms of functionality as it manages subscriptions nicely and wraps the directory functionality into one. However, the user interface is pretty confusing. It takes a long time to figure out how all of the pieces are connected (i.e. where links are stored, how to change forms, how the forms connect with widgets etc.) The UI and the flow could be more user friendly and obvious. Perhaps there should be an overview about how all of the pieces of the website link up to each other. Once you figure out how to use the tools, it requires jumping between many different components to implement a simple change, so it is a bit clunky. Additionally, you really need significant coding experience to customize. I.e. Part of the reason we purchased this software was because it had many of the features we need, and in particular I was told pre-purchase that there was a way to create different types of users (i.e. a general user, A listing user, a non-listing user) and that I could also customize what they each see in their profile. In reality however, in order to customize what each sees in their profile, you need to custom code, which I wasn't aware of....Overall the software includes great functionality for running a site and managing subscriptions but could be more user friendly.

Respuesta de Brilliant Directories

Hey Tali, thanks for the feedback! There definitely are a lot of options included in the Brilliant Directories platform. Our Quick Start Video series (available right in your admin dashboard) lays out a good starting point for basic setup of a website. We also have our Support Center with hundreds of searchable support documents as well as our community forum which our support team monitors. Regarding customizations, there are many built-in options for you to configure when it comes setting up your membership levels and what your different members have access to. Some more intense customizations do require some coding, but many changes can be made via the built-in point-and-click options. Your feedback is incredibly helpful to us and we will absolutely use it to improve our platform in the future. Thank you!