talech

Software de POS para iPad: restaurantes, comercios minoristas y empresas de servicios.

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 329

Jeannette
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great product overall

Revisado el 16/11/2016

Pleasant and professional staff, which is what won us over when we first decided on the program. Love that everything is cloud-based and also can be accessed from anywhere. Menus are easy to create and modify. Great overall functionality but a few improvements could be made - offering partial refunds, for example. Also, would appreciate more prompt and regular auto-batching (we have ours set up but numerous times, it stopped working and we found out the hard way when payments weren't deposited for days; also, despite the confirmation that the setting is correct, we still have to manually auto-batch daily but we're glad to do so to ensure payment). Also, not completely sure if they are exclusive to a certain merchant service provider but at the time, in order for us to use the program, we had to go forward with that one merchant service and also had to purchase all the equipment (printer, iPad stand, etc.) we did not have a need for. In addition, being tied to that merchant also meant being tied to those fees at the rates they wanted. As far as the program itself, we find that it meets our needs, is user-friendly, offers the analytics tools we like, and is offered at a reasonable rate, especially compared to some of its competitors. We do recommend it to others. Good luck!

Please refer to review.

Please refer to review.

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a detailed review! I've shared your feedback regarding the partial refunds, auto-batching, and hardware with the product team. Please continue to share with us - we love to hear from you!

Lulie
  • Sector: Artículos deportivos

Quality Software for Small-Scale Inventory Mgmt./POS

Revisado el 26/9/2022

Our Fishing Tackle/Outdoor storefront started small (less than 1,500 different product SKU's)....

When we first launched, Talech served our needs well, and would have continued to serve our needs. However, our business grew and we now maintain 8,000+ product SKU's. Unfortunatly for our situation, Talech's inventory management systems didn't grow with our company's growth. Large reports are difficult to obtain, and when we require special reports, it can be challenging to acquire them.
This software is great to use if you do not plan to continually carry large quantities of inventory (Under 2,000 SKU's).
This is not a hard rule of course, just our experience with this software product.

Puntos a favor

Talech can easily tackle small-scale inventory management and POS needs. User-friendly, and is easy to train new staff members to operate proficiently in.
Software interface is minimal and easy to navigate.

Puntos en contra

Inventory reports are difficult to customize, but can be done by calling/emailing Talech directly. Would like to see Talech improve in their report system with more features and user-customizable reports.

Jason
  • Sector: Artículos deportivos

Very stressful.

Revisado el 1/2/2020

The register fails regularly and randomly will not print receipts or open the cash drawer.

Puntos a favor

I chose this software as it integrates sales and inventory tracking. When it works it is brilliant unfortunately it fails regularly.

Puntos en contra

I have had this system operational for approximately one year, at this point we’ve got about 16 to 18 hours troubleshooting on the phone. Plus countless more hours of trying to figure out how to make it work on our own when it fails. It will suddenly not take a credit card payment, it has never done a return for us even while on the phone with support trying to make it happen, suddenly the cash drawer won’t open, or it won’t print receipts. We end up trying to reboot the machine turning things off turning things back on disconnecting reconnecting sometimes after two or three tries it works also there’s a couple of different methods that we have made notes on, we spend far too much time trying to keep this thing going.They have totally dropped the ball on me as a client. Their support technicians are excellent and are doing their very best but they don’t know have much to work with. I’ve had to send countless clients to the bank machine, or send them away with a promise to come back and pay another time, we are a small business and can’t afford to do this, some people just don’t get around to coming back. I’ve been trying for a full week to talk to an actual upper level representative of the company to try to figure out if we can solve this or I need to toss the whole system out and go with another company. They just can’t be bothered to make a real effort to get in touch with me. I provided them my direct phone number & have not received a call back.
Be wary!!

Kari

Talech Pros and Cons

Revisado el 1/11/2016

Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process. I have been able to help another pizzeria more streamline there system do it works better for their needs. Both Talech support and boomtown are great, they are always trying to help and most times they can this was just a new area for them. I have never had anything but an exceptional experience from either customer support. I do love the fact that Talech does listen to customer feedback and is continually improving their product.

Puntos a favor

It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales
The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen
It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Puntos en contra

it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant.
No delivery option
Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

Respuesta de talech

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!

Bruce

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Talech for a full service restaurant and bar

Revisado el 1/11/2016

It is easy to set up your menu and make changes. It is fairly easy for my employees, mostly highschool students, to learn.

The system tends to slow down during busy times. It takes too long to switch from one screen to another. It also takes a long time to sync when you first log in.

The security is not very good. It is too easy for one employee to log in with someone else's id, making the security feature essentially worthless.
Each employee should have a card to swype in order to log in. That would be a huge improvement.

The reports are nice and easy to read.

All in all a pretty good system but it needs more built in security.

Puntos a favor

easy to learn and to set up

Puntos en contra

The security features are weak. Too easy for another employee to log in with another persons id. The system tends to bog down when it gets busy. It takes too long to synch when you log in.

Respuesta de talech

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I have shared your comments about security and system lag with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

James
  • Sector: Deportes

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Overall pretty decent

Revisado el 1/11/2016

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee.

Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)?

Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out.

Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Puntos en contra

All listed on previous page.

Respuesta de talech

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Barney
  • Sector: Hostelería
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Love talech as a possible option.

Revisado el 1/11/2016

The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am....

The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am. Our pos system wouldn't allow us to run credit cards. I called talech customer support and got absolutely no answer. I actually was on hold twice for 20 min.
Finally I had to ask our customers to pull money from the atm.....reimburse them the fee from the atm, and let them pay in cash.

Also, if our Internet goes down we have no way to pull up tabs. It would be nice if there was some feature that holds the tabs in the pos system for that nights business just in case something happens.
I don't want to spend money on anether source of Internet because there was a hicup in the Internet providers service.
If it would store tabs for a couple days until they are settled and submitted it would be awesome.
I will say that normally the support is on point and fast. But when we needed it the most it wasn't there at all. A message on the support line saying you guys were having issues and would be repaired soon would have been nice.

Relatively easy to use.

Puntos en contra

Could be more flexible and customer support status messages would be nice when something goes wrong on your end.

Respuesta de talech

Barney, thank you for being a customer and for the review. We apologize about the recent outage on the processor side and the inconvenience it caused you, your employees, and your customers. I've shared your feedback with the product team and we will continue to work on offline mode improvements. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate it!

Christina

Talech User

Revisado el 1/11/2016

We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

Puntos a favor

It is pretty much user friendly

Puntos en contra

More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

Respuesta de talech

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Jeff

Gets better every month

Revisado el 1/11/2016

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers...

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Continually getting better

Puntos en contra

Multi store use and options

Respuesta de talech

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Gary
  • Sector: Entretenimiento
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

It works well for us

Revisado el 15/10/2019

We are, overall, very pleased with the Talech system. That's why we continue to use it.

Puntos a favor

We replaced our old, out-dated cash registers with the Talech system and are now able to accept credit cards at every location without the need for seperate credit card machines. We like to ability to show or hide icons based on user need.

Puntos en contra

Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice. We also use the ELO stations and the I-pad loses connection with the blue tooth printer more frequently than should happen. It is usually an easy reset, but frustrating when you are busy and customers have to wait.

Amy

Not happy with update

Revisado el 1/11/2016

The 4.0 update is horrible!! Not user friendly at all. Settings that were avalible are now not. Staff can not find orders as easy as they could. To many screens for staff to choose from. Program used to be very very easy. New staff and non technology efficient staff could use older versions with ease. The new update is hard to follow and staff keeps losing place and orders. Looking at other pos system. To many issue lately with software and other things with TALECH. Ive told many people to go with this product before this later update. I wish I would not have. Im losing my trustabilty with colleagues.

Puntos a favor

Older versions were wonderful. Easy to use, easy for people who didnt know much about technology to use. Easy to find what the staff needed or orders

Puntos en contra

New version is aweful. To many screens, to many buttons, buttons and options that were there are now not, easy to change orders you dont need to be in.

Respuesta de talech

Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback about the recent update. We're so sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the updated app. We'd love to connect to hear more about what's not working and how we can help. Our Head of Product has reached out and would love to chat with you personally. And as always our support team is here to help. Either way, we'd love to hear from you and help make things work the way you want.

Marco

El Gordo Mexican Restaurant

Revisado el 2/11/2016

After searching for weeks for a pos system for our restaurant, we came across a new app and system, Talech. We were getting quotes from 15k-20k for traditional pos system. When a US Bank representative told us it would cost less than 5k, we were intrigued. We sat down, she gave us an overview of the app and its components. Right away we were hooked. With the ease of us, easy installation, and price, we would be foolish to go with any other pos company. We got bluetooth printers, wiring and set up was a breeze. And this is coming from a person who in not good with technology and i was able to install it all. If you can read you can set up the whole system. Weve been working with talech for 3 years now and it continues to make changes to the app that makes it more efficient to provide a good customer experience. We are glad to continue working with Talech.

Cost

Puntos en contra

2 outages, one from the app and one from evalon credit card processor.

Respuesta de talech

Marco, thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are happy about choosing talech even after 3+ years. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. We're here to help!

missy

Talech Software Review

Revisado el 15/11/2016

We have been using Talech for over a year now and it's been overall a good experience. There are some things I would like to be different but overall it has been a good experience.

Puntos en contra

I don't like the credit card reader- too difficult for customers to read- tiny print and customers don't know where to slide the card and if it should be up or down. Software isn't the best for tracking inventory- you have to export products to excel to get the cost of inventory- should be more accessible. Price tags are hard to read (we like the big font/numbers)- we have customers complain daily that they can't see the price. Wish that it would remember customers email addresses like Square so that they don't have to enter it each time.

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Missy. We'd love to hear more about what could be different and work better for you. Would you be willing to chat more about what could help your business?

Kerri
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Great system, horrendous customer service!

Revisado el 25/8/2018

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Puntos a favor

We purchased a complete Talech POS system for one of our 2 locations, so that we could get set up before launching the 2nd store.
I did a lot of research and we ultimately settled on Talech because we wanted to keep our credit card processor, and the rep recommended Talech.
Service before the sale was stellar.
The system arrived and we couldn’t set up, the printer didn’t ship. A half dozen people were pointing fingers at one another via email and copying me “the customer” in on it, highly unprofessional and unproductive. At one point in time they demanded that I got the printer but must have thrown it away with the packaging. It wasn’t even on the packing list!
Long story short, the printer was on backorder. Wow.
However, that didn’t stop Talech from charging us for our 1st month even though we couldn’t set up.
We were very reluctant to get the 2nd system but we already had time and training invested in our employees. Otherwise, a big fat juicy “NAY NAY STAY AWAY.”
Also, the only weekend support available is for tech support. No customer service or sales support on the weekends.
Uhmmmm.... the users of your equipment are restaurants and retailers. Kind of absurd. Especially since they boast about 24/7 support. Well, sorta....

Puntos en contra

Love the software. Perfect for our business. Easy to set up and use.

Katie

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Mixed Satisfaction

Revisado el 1/11/2016

The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

Puntos a favor

I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Puntos en contra

It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Beth
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

I am sad to leave this review but it is the truth

Revisado el 5/11/2016

After fighting tooth & nail for several months to get a general yearly tax report and all the other reporting issues I am sad to say not all of the issues have been resolved. Customer service varies depending on the person, some are great and some have very little patience for an angry customer. I would like these issues to change.

Puntos a favor

I love some of the reports provided. I like how the customer details work.

Puntos en contra

I am un happy with the insights reports, they have NEVER been accurate and I have reported this SEVERAL times. I am unhappy with being treated like I am asking for something I should not when it is something everyone would need for tax purposes. I am unhappy with the inventory management, I would like date as to when inventory originally came in and when additional stock was added.

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for taking the time to speak, Beth. We appreciate you sharing more about your business needs and what improvements that would help talech work better for you. Please continue to share feedback - we love to hear from you!

Veronika

Stay Away

Revisado el 12/2/2020

terrible

terrible

Puntos a favor

Quite user-friendly interface. Tech support is there but mostly no helpful

Puntos en contra

We worked with Talech for 4 years and our experience is horrible. First of all, card readers break frequently. You should pay for a new one. Not a problem! But a new one works for 2 weeks, and then you'll need to pay for a new one again, send the old one and so on.

We experienced difficulties with charges, and they confirmed that their software didn't work properly. The worst things there were thousands of dollars which were not deposited to our account because of their 'bug'. We accidentally found it out. If you need a safe merchant provider, stay away from Talech.

Josh

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great cloud based POS at a great price

Revisado el 1/11/2016

For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Puntos en contra

Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Cathy
  • Sector: Productos cosméticos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Good product, exceptional customer support

Revisado el 17/11/2016

I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

All the options

Puntos en contra

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

Respuesta de talech

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Lorna
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Technical support team are awesome

Revisado el 3/12/2016

I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

Puntos a favor

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

Puntos en contra

To much extra stuff, we don't need
Simplicity is better for older people

Respuesta de talech

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Bassel

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Crash bang boom

Revisado el 1/11/2016

I've been running this system since January 2015. It is not a good fit for my kind of business. I have a small carry out food shop, and when it gets busy this system crashes. It's not just one thing either, sometimes it's the printer disconnecting, othertimes it's the credit swiper disconnecting, or its inability to connect to the server to process credit transactions. I think if you have a smaller shop, maybe even a boutique this system will work for you, but as soon as you start doing some volume expect it to malfunction. The customer service team are nice and helpful however. I know because I contact them regularly.

Puntos a favor

When it works it's a good system.

Puntos en contra

It's always having issues.

Respuesta de talech

Hi Bassel, we're so sorry to hear that talech isn't working for you in the way you need. A member of our team has reached out via phone and email to learn more and help. Please respond or reach out to our support team at your convenience. We're here to help! Thank you for being a customer.

Shaheen

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Lux Ave boutique

Revisado el 1/11/2016

I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Puntos a favor

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Not a retail friendly

Respuesta de talech

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Yvette

Love our Talech POS

Revisado el 1/11/2016

We were using another system in our restaurant that was not very user friendly and the monthly fees were a bit high considering the customer service was terrible. Since switching to Talech about a year ago we couldn't be happier. So easy to try new employees to use this system.

Puntos a favor

The fact that adding or deleating menu items is so simple and training new employees to use this POS system is very easy.

Puntos en contra

The new updat seems slower. I shut down the iPads over the weekend to see if this helps.

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review. We're glad to hear you're happy you chose talech.

Has the system been running more quickly for you after the restart? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. I went ahead and shared your feedback with the product team. Please continue to share what's working and not. We appreciate the feedback!

Archibald

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

pretty good but needs improvement

Revisado el 1/11/2016

the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

ease of use

Puntos en contra

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

Respuesta de talech

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Greg

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

This system is easy to use, however, it needs high-speed internet and newest version of iPad.

Revisado el 3/10/2017

Puntos a favor

This system can be easy applied on iPad, touch screen is easy to use, data analysis function is useful. It also has working time recording function for employees to record their shift and also easy to tracking. We use this system on daily bases, so the end-of-day report is an outstanding point.

Puntos en contra

this system only works on small business, or the business which do not have large volume of products. If the business do have large volume of products, then it will take a while to find out the product that you are looking for every time.