Toast POS

Solución de punto de venta basada en la nube para restaurantes

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 505

Steve
Steve

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Toast POS for Restaurants

Revisado el 3/1/2023

We have had a great Toast experience overall. It is a vast improvement over our previous POS system and saves us a great deal of time by giving us important information in a concise, effective format.

Puntos a favor

The whole package is easy to use and provides a huge amount of valuable information. It also helps build sales with ordering and marketing options (some of which are at additional cost).

Puntos en contra

The initial installation required us to do a great deal of the set-up work, which required outside technical help. It also would have been nice to have someone present for an extra day or two to help with errors and changes. I am interested in rolling out Toast Order and Pay, but Toast can't locate a similar restaurant for me to model, which is causing delays in using this feature.

Katie

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Toast Support needs a lot of "Support"

Revisado el 22/12/2022

Overall I like using Toast and the various integration options, but if they cannot get better support solutions, they will conitnue to have angry merchants who wait weeks for solutions and have to spend time digging for their own solutions after Toast cannot help or refuses to help. In a fast moving business like a restaurant, having to wait weeks for support especially on issues that cause revenue loss is devastating and would be a reason to find another POS solution. If you're going with Toast make sure you have managers who are experts at troubleshooting and critical thinking because they will have to figure out problems themselves a lot and will have to be able to articulate in very simple terms to the support team what the issue is for it to be understood.

Puntos a favor

Toast software works pretty well, and has a lot of integration partners which is nice for a growing small business who is looking to integrate several different tech options.

Puntos en contra

The "Support" or lack there of leaves much to be desired. When I call support often times I am teaching or coaching their support people on what the issue is or how to fix it. They often sound like they are reading solutinos from a flip book and many times the solutions offered are not for the problem I am describing. I have to repeat myself more than 4 or 5 times for them to understand what the issue is and even then, it is painful to get them to understand the problem and offer me appropriate support.Further, I recently had a support issue that I had to call and email about for 3 weeks straight every day in which they continued to offer no support and today told me they refused to send me to the integrations department because the problem I was experiencing was not a toast problem. Turns it is WAS. I have never been refused support before. Very dissapointed in their support or lack there of.

Clover

Razones para cambiar a Toast POS

Price, integration opportunities, growth potential, ease of use
Tim

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Disappointed is the right way to say it. Promised so much and did not deliver

Revisado el 29/1/2020

It started off strong, and then just slowly going down hill. They have you locked in is how I feel, and now they don’t care.. They are worried about other things...

Puntos a favor

The hardware is nice. Having a handheld order taker is very nice. Also saving some paper with people signing the handheld device, but there are some issues as well. If there is an issue, it is nice to have a US based support center..

Puntos en contra

Well, You can not add an auto charge of 3% if a person is using a credit card unless you manually add it, the kitchen display has glitches, an order with 5 things will send a text alert for each item rather than the entire order when finished. I was also promised that the credit cards would not cost more, they would match or beet what I had in the past, and that is not ringing true to the tune of around 100 ish a month.... Took 4 months to get someone to finally review the credit card charges only for him to “shine me on” which is frustrating to a business owner. I have also had a few extremely good feature requests that I know other restaurants would use, like using the hand held to present the final bill rather than printing a receipt... But honestly there is no way to know if anyone has herd you, if anything will happen or if anyone cares... Also you can’t have pictures in the POS.. having pictures as well as having descriptions and a recipe would be great.. but no options...

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Tim, Mora from Toast here. Thank you for all this feedback, we appreciate hearing from you as we work to continuously improve our product! We do have many great feature ideas in our queue from customers and are constantly working on implementing them. I would encourage you to follow "Feature Release Updates", available on Toast Central (central.toasttab.com). This is where you can find the most up-to-date product release notes for various Toast products.

Sharon

Recommend Toast

Revisado el 17/12/2023

Puntos a favor

Ease of using and training on. I have several younger and older employees and it is very easy to learn how to use the system. It is very simplified.

Puntos en contra

Not really anything. We have been really pleased with Toast hardware, customer support, product support and updates that we receive about new products and new equipment.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Sharon, we appreciate your sharing your feedback and experience using Toast.

Valentina

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Beware of their promises

Revisado el 21/10/2019

After 6 months, I am not impressed. I am spending so much more money than I was before, and put in so much effort and time into setting everything up, but nothing is ever on point with Toast.

Puntos a favor

Nice features and ways to set up the menu for ease of use by employees. User-friendly up to a certain extent.

Puntos en contra

Most of the features promised by the sales rep were all available at an extra cost, after paying a lot of money already for the system and the hardware, you have to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Their customer support is very unreliable, sometimes you have someone great who knows exactly what you are talking about, sometimes it seems like the person has never even used the POS before... They put you on hold for 10+ minutes at a time too.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Valentina, Jasmine from Toast here. We greatly appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide best-in-class customer support and offer solutions for all of our customers. We encourage you to reach out to your Restaurant Success Manager so we can help your business thrive on Toast.

Linda

Great POS System for Restaurants

Revisado el 13/12/2022

We've been pretty happy with Toast. We've used them for over 4 years & have no thoughts about switching POS systems.

Puntos a favor

It is so easy to make changes & push them to the terminals. Easy to manage from home rather than having to be onsite all the time. Credit card payments are received in a timely manner & customer service has always taken great care of us. Also a great point is that you can keep running when the internet goes down. It's not perfect, but it's the best that we've seen.

Puntos en contra

Servers complain that when you close the credit card orders that you have to enter your POS number again. I complain because I can't see more than 24 months of information and can only see it 6 months at a time. I wish that sales were assigned to the time frame they were purchased at and not at the time that the ticket was opened.

Sam

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Best POS out there

Revisado el 14/12/2022

Overall, Toast is the most comprehensive POS, best value for the cost, and has great community support.

Puntos a favor

Software is user friendly. It has vast functionality and great reporting. I also use Toast Payroll which has been amazing.

Puntos en contra

Support is not efficient. It is time consuming to get problems resolved sometimes. Also the equipment did not hold up well- possibly due to the volume of our business.

Wendy

Essential

Revisado el 6/12/2022

The best pos out there for all restaurants.

The best pos out there for all restaurants.

Puntos a favor

Toast offers all the tools we need as a business. We initially adopted to get away from our legacy system that did not offer affordable POS option with cloud-based services at the time. Toast makes it easy for me to manage all three of my locations.

Puntos en contra

There are a few glitches in the system that could be fixed faster. They generally do update and fix quickly but some things take away as they gather user feedback. Also, it would be nice to enterprise our menu management for multi-locations.

Square Point of Sale y Revel Systems

Razones para elegir Toast POS

Micros sucked. It went down a lot and we had to constantly deal with a mess of cables and connections to fix and you always had to go to the physical location to do anything for the menu or labor or reports. It was an ancient system compared to these days.

Razones para cambiar a Toast POS

Toast was restaurant specific and a good mix of user friendly and robust reporting and integrations.
Sarah

The first year with Toast

Revisado el 20/12/2022

Compared to my past POS systems this is by far the most user friendly system and It keeps me updated. I am constantly finding new things I can utilize. My staff was also able to adapt to the new system easily. They are constantly showing me new things.. Millennials lol. I am sure with more time I will better understand the system and be able to use more of what it offers as I find it.

Puntos a favor

It is very user friendly. It is built that I can search for most of the things I may be questioning. The toast training videos were very helpful in the beginning. I like that I am able to find all of the reporting numbers I need as well as the guest engagement. Being able to send email campaigns directly from the system is a game changer. The pre loaded templates are super helpful as well.

Puntos en contra

That I did not have someone to actually help me with the initial stuff. We did not get help with end of day paperwork. The reports were off for an entire week until I noticed a discrepancy in the numbers. We Do counter service with a tip pool so we need overall numbers not numbers that I find after deductions. I also Cannot find a way to remove the Tip pool servers tips in my tip pool numbers. I need them to not be part of my final numbers for payroll purposes.

Luis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

No Customer Service

Revisado el 27/10/2023

I understand nothing is perfect however when you combine it with a lack of customer service this drastically decreases the value of the product.

Puntos a favor

Easy setup, very intuitive, easy to train employees

Puntos en contra

The customer service is very poor. They don’t even pretend to care. If able I would post the corespondents I have had with the company. Extremely poor however they are quick to bill or sell you an add on.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Luis, thanks for sharing your feedback. Please know that your feedback is important to us, and we're working to ensure our customer service can meet your needs as a restaurant operator. - Carrisa

Stuart

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Easy to implement

Revisado el 13/12/2022

It keeps me up to date in real time with what is happening in my restaurant.

It keeps me up to date in real time with what is happening in my restaurant.

Puntos a favor

The suite of features in the software make it easy to integrate into almost any restaurant environment. They have an excellent team to get you started and help you design your system to your specs. Email marketing and loyalty program have been great for us.

Puntos en contra

I am not very happy with the fact that we were forced to take on Toast as our payment processor! This is costing us way more in fees than my original "Interchange Plus" processing that I had through my bank. This is a little disconcerting and could add up to some major dollars in expense!

Adam
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

All function, little form

Revisado el 27/3/2023

Working with a product that was actually intended for restaurants and not as a one-size-fits-all for any retail application has been wonderful.

Puntos a favor

Toast POS works exactly how it's supposed to, and meets every functional need we've had.

Puntos en contra

The support has been great, and the learning tools are awesome, but I would rather have a product that is easier to understand. There have been times when I've had to contact support for things that should have been very simple and straightforward. I have enough to do with running a restaurant that devoting the necessary time to watch all the training videos is impossible. Trying to navigate the Payroll has been particularly difficult. If you could get a great design team to make the products easier to navigate, Toast would be unstoppable. Also an app to access the back-end or payroll and work as a mobile POS would be great.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Adam, Thank you for choosing us as your POS provider. We appreciate the incredible 5-star rating.

We'll continue working hard to make every interaction with Toast memorable.

Nick

First Class

Revisado el 13/12/2022

From point of sale, to payment processing, to administrative setup up, to analytics and reporting, this is legitimately the most intuitive operating system I've used in nearly two decades in the restaurant industry. I sing its praises to every restaurateur/industry employee I come across.

Puntos a favor

Intuitive front and back end for both user and admin. It is night and day from every other operating system I've used. Everything about this system is designed around the end user experience and implemented nearly flawlessly.

Puntos en contra

Occasional difficulty with card reader/ hardware. Though issues are dealt with promptly by customer service.

Square Point of Sale

Razones para cambiar a Toast POS

The demo blew us away with its functionalities and ease of use. It really feels like it was designed by restaurant workers for restaurant workers.
Tony
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Our company's experience with Toast has been pretty terrible.

Revisado el 8/7/2018

The benefits we have gotten are overshadowed by the drawbacks.

The benefits we have gotten are overshadowed by the drawbacks.

Puntos a favor

The front end functionality is pretty good, though not as good as it was sold. Aloha was better. There are features such as drag and drop table transfers that are pretty neat. Splitting checks is very easy.

Puntos en contra

I researched Toast very thoroughly and went through many hours of Q&A with the sales team. I feel duped.

I should have dug deeper and gotten more personal feedback from current users.

The platform has certain features that are very good, but not enough to outweigh all of the bad.

Hands down the worst part of it are their service and support after the sale. If I ever get through to support, they typically have to call me back with a solution...which never happens. My account "manager" responds to every communication with regurgitated boilerplate BS and has yet to solve any of my issues.

We have frequent issues with our card readers, and our warranty period is up in November. They won't replace the crap readers with the newer upgrades.

You don't get nearly the functionality and ease of use on the back end that you pay for. The reporting features are weak at best.

The inventory module is terrible. They claim you can use the tablets to do inventory...which is true, but it takes 4x longer to do it that way because you can't select the fields to enter the numbers and then when you do, often times the quantities change. My account "manager" replied to my complaints about this with "Our inventory module may not be as robust as you need, maybe you could add on one of our partner software companies."

Short story: Run from Toast and never look back. I regret the move every single day.

Respuesta de Toast

Tony - We're sorry to hear that Toast has not lived up to your expectations. Hardware reliability and support responsiveness are top priorities for us. We recently covered our plan for staffing and additional resources in the Live Q&A with Toast Leadership (watch it here: https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Webinars-Toast-Leadership). Please note that this video requires a Toast login.

We're committed to making your experience with Toast a positive one. Your Restaurant Success Manager is not a technical expert, but is there to advocate on your behalf. She will work with you to ensure you get what you need out of our product.

Elizabeth

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

I have gone from recommending TOAST to experiencing extreme frustration w/ terrible customer...

Revisado el 21/7/2020

Additional CONS that didn't fit in the above box:
*Unable to offer discounts for particular items...

Additional CONS that didn't fit in the above box:
*Unable to offer discounts for particular items online. Let's say you want to promote a particular food item that week and want to offer 50% off that item ONLY...can't do it. You can discount the ENTIRE check or offer a BOGO, but no way to discount specific items.
*Can't use APPLE devices with Toast, only Android
*Unable to have a popup or a visible way to notify a customer of something when online ordering. For example, sorry, but we are out of this item or here's how we are doing curbside pickup, etc. There is only a teeny, tiny way to notify guests with a small banner atop your page that no one sees. (but Toast is happy to have their popup promoting their app on your restaurant page.)
*Toast App promotes all business, not just your personal restaurant so if you advise your guests to download it, they might be tempted by other restaurants they see when logging in.
*Toast's NEW online ordering has a complicated drop down menu that causes guests to struggle. If you have a drink menu, an alcohol menu, a breakfast menu, etc. then the guest has to find a small dropdown and toggle between the menus to complete her order. 1. She man never see the drop down, think menu is quite limited & the restaurant loses revenue. 2. She may find the drop down but has to toggle

*user friendly
*online reporting accessible from anywhere
*online food ordering
*easy to add menu items

Puntos en contra

*excessive hold times to reach support, ie: more than one hour and no way to email support anymore (as was the previous system.)
*no way to reach support via email, even when Toast emails a restaurant, the restaurant can't reply because the email gets bounced back...instead you have to get off email, find a computer, log in and navigate to support, find the case and respond there. This is a big problem when managers are not on site at the restaurant but still managing a support issue.
*support cases opened on their online platform are not addressed and no one calls restaurant to resolve
*No way to email a receipt to a guest until AFTER they have paid and the transaction is over...a big problem for CATERING needing preapproval.
*Upsell feature with online ordering has Toast making strange pairings. For example, the restaurant guest orders a breakfast sandwich and Toast suggest an upsell of a bottle of salad dressing (instead of a breakfast side)! Only Toast can control the upsell so the restaurant can't promote the items it wants to promote.
*Handheld device does NOT support ApplePay.
*ApplePay on POS terminal is additional. Actually, a lot of things with Toast cost more money than what sales tells you up front.
*No way to comp a gift card online and email it to a guest from Toast Central online.
*No way to offer a promo code on your online gift card sales....like during the holidays when you want to offer gift cards for a certain percentage off the regular price.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Elizabeth, Mora from Toast here. I'm sorry this has been a frustrating experience. The process for applying relief credit does involve multiple internal teams, so thank you for working with our Customer Care team to resolve this. We have been investing in growing our Customer Care team to address the concerns of our community, but we recognize that we still have work to do. Thank you for this feedback, it's helpful to hear what areas need improvement.

Kelly
  • Sector: Hostelería

Satisfied user

Revisado el 6/9/2023

Puntos a favor

The online access is the most important. Being able to make changes in real time with no service interruptions.

Puntos en contra

I wish I could process payments for customers on the desktop version. Same for gift cards sales.

Square Point of Sale

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Kelly, thanks for the positive review and for sharing your feedback. Join our online community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders and get support from the Toast team.

Jody

Online Order Fee

Revisado el 29/6/2023

It was a great service - all do it yourself - which kept implementation costs down. Not easy for complicated food items, so takes time and effort. The new add cost to customers is wrong on all levels, so we are forced to reevaluate.

Puntos a favor

Easy to train and use.Good reporting.Integrated timecard/payrollConnected to caller ID

Puntos en contra

They are charging OUR customers .99 per order for "online processing". We pay all their fees monthly and do not receive any benefit from this additional cost to OUR customers. This adds complaints from customers (justified), cuts into tips, and is a poor business practice that we can't opt out of. We didn't know they would/could do this to OUR customers. Need to shop around for new POS.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Jody! Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback on the .99 fee for online processing. As a customer, we considered your feedback and decided to remove the fee. Please let us know if you have additional feedback on how we can continue to meet your needs.

Sarah

We love Toast POS!

Revisado el 20/12/2022

Keeping our menus in sync with what is actually available, an easy-to-use app, and plenty of modifications to menu appearance/organization/labeling are some of our top priorities. As we have added additional locations for our business, keeping active employees and menus accurate across locations has been a learning curve, but overall the functionality of Toast between locations has been very good. We love using Toast and recommend it highly whenever we can!

Puntos a favor

This software is incredibly user friendly. Anyone can learn how to use all the functions of Toast if they're willing to go through the plentiful help articles and/or watch the videos. Toast is easy to edit, easy to organize, and the app works much better than other mobile apps we've used for our coffee shop. The reporting options are very helpful, managing active employees, time entries, and menu organization is all very simple!

Puntos en contra

If I could change anything, it would be me to make absolutely everything 100% customizable. The only complaint I've ever had with Toast is there are a few things over the years we've wanted to tailor specifically for our business and its locations, but haven't had the ability via Toast. However, there are new features being added consistently, so I have no doubts that the Toast team is committed to making the software as best as it can possibly be.

Michael

The Cloud is the future

Revisado el 4/1/2023

I have personally, been a Toast user for over 10 years and have seen the progression and realized what a great centralized system such as toast POS can do for the operation and control of our business, providing the nuclear us for various peripheral’s they give us insight into our total operation

Puntos a favor

Toast software is updated. Constantly, I find this refreshing and knowing that new features and securities are always top of mind from the engineers, we constantly submit future requests to help provide valuable input on the usefulness in the marketplace.

Puntos en contra

Often times, toast engineers, create features are pathways to solve issues, and Toast could do a better job at leading the operators know that these features exist, and the problem-solving is built-in

TouchBistro y SpotOn

Razones para elegir Toast POS

Functionality, reliability, and features

Price features and trust
Andrew

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Online ordering is a mess

Revisado el 15/4/2021

The system is slick but they don't help you get it going correctly.

The system is slick but they don't help you get it going correctly.

Puntos a favor

Great analytics but the on boarding and follow up customer service is embarrassing.

Puntos en contra

I've been trying to set up online ordering for weeks now. It's been counting a lot of problems because of the basic lack of customer support. They are responsive but spend a lot of time telling you how they understand where you're coming from without actually solving any problems. It got so ridiculous that I asked a basic question about how toast had approved a test transaction outside of the 5 mile delivery radius and what happens if a customer did this. The agent I was poking with actually told me that she didn't know what would happen, or even if those delivery services was functional right now. I asked her frank advice as to whether or not I could trust the system I if I turned it on and she said she didn't know. I was supposed to receive a follow up call from a manager this morning and have now been waiting by my phone for two hours past the appointed time. Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system. Just embarrassing.

Rachel

Great POS for restaurants

Revisado el 10/2/2020

After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

Puntos a favor

I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

Puntos en contra

No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

Respuesta de Toast

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

mattt

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

The functionality is perfect, the credit cards fees and the customer service are terrible

Revisado el 13/1/2022

great when your buying, lots of turnover in account management, and customer service is non existent when you have a real issue... you just have to deal with it until they decide to call you during your rush, so you can't take the call and then you start all over again.. LOL

Puntos a favor

functionality. We have used for 10 years about, since they started I guess we are early adopters. It has truly developed into a great pos, with lots of flexibility. The online ordering portal is second to none. Though they should have some features, like car color and make type options.

Puntos en contra

Credit card fees for card not on hand is exorbitant and you can't use other cc companies with this software/tablet. The customer service might be the worst I have ever experienced. "we will escalate this to tier 2" blah, blah, blah.. hilarious. We have a mountain of open cases. Our first pos was with a local guy who built his own software. It was incredible how flexible the software was. It even downloaded directly into our quickbooks without any third party having to do translation. Amazing!! ultimately he retired and never took the software to the next level. Too bad.

Rachel

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Toast Toast Toast

Revisado el 22/12/2022

I think that overall I enjoy Toast, I am not looking to change over to anything new. I really dislike the tech support side. I had an issue that took 4 months to resolve that seriously impacted my business and I kept having to re-explain my issue over and over again and call multiple times a week for answers. I also have have pretty incompetent people not able to troubleshoot with me over the phone and I am on the phone with an issue no less than an hour, which really makes it difficult for me to do my job considering I have one screen and I need to be present for my customers. I had no help setting up any of my devices and ended up doing it completely by myself, which, of course, there were some initial kinks to work out. Aside from tech support, it's been easy to use for the most part and I find that it helps my business a lot.

Puntos a favor

I love the back end use of toast, once you understand how to set up the menus, it is really easy to go in and make changes. I love the ability to compare sales from any date, and I love the daily/ weekly break down all in one area. It's also very user friendly when ringing up customers, once it is all organized, it's quick and efficient.

Puntos en contra

Some of the lesser used components are overly complex like the sales categories and how to make changes and groupings. Assigning comp buttons doesn't always work. I just wish that there had been more help upon set up.

Chris

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

No support

Revisado el 21/1/2022

Overall the customer service is the problem. We were a new business so we asked them to help us set it up. Obviously all of our questions did not arise during that initial setup and they never properly set it up for our menu/service. Support was a joke in helping us thereafter. We have not even used all the modules out of frustration. We have had to make adjustments we go , but it is still not optimized after 3 years. We wanted this to work for us because it is such an easy to use and adjust platform, but, we are considering a new company after 3 years. If you are a new business and not sure how to set this up, find another company. The support team is clearly not skilled. There will be issues. They will advise you to watch countless videos. That is not support.

Puntos a favor

Relatively easy to use if set up properly. Easy to adjust menu on the fly. Offline CC processing. Payroll is responsive.

Puntos en contra

They do not give you the time of day unless they are trying to sell you something. Waste of money paying them to set it up. We can't even get good support using a free trial of their new service modules . They will just tell you how much this will increase your sales.

lisa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

system is poorly developed and fragile

Revisado el 9/4/2022

TERRIBLE!!! It was halfway decent when we started but their menu development was terrible. they need to survey restaurant users about how much the system has deteriorated over the past 2 years. I would never recommend this system to anyone

Puntos a favor

nothing.....everytime there is any change or system maintenacne, everything falls apart.

Puntos en contra

UNRELIABLE!!!!no one in TOAST can troubleshoot because system has gotten too complex and no documentation exists. they keep patching and adding and it's a total disaster. our printers are always messed up!!!! we never know if the system is going to work or not. the reporting is terrible!!! phone support is poorly trained if at all.