Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

• Sector: Suministros y equipo para empresas
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Sage 300 Construcción y Bienes Raíces, nos ayuda bastante

Revisado el 28/12/2022

Sage 300 Construcción y Bienes Raíces, la contabilidad , nos resolvió el dar tanto relajo con eso, ahora tenemos todo anticipado

Puntos a favor

Sage 300 Construcción y Bienes Raíces, es muy práctico para el uso tanto en casa como en oficina

Sage 300 Construcción y Bienes Raíces, no e tenido una mala experiencia

Usuario verificado

• Asistencia al cliente

I use this daily in my profession

Revisado el 7/3/2018

Puntos a favor

Very stable environment that is always striving to keep up with technology. The support staff have a vast knowledge of the construction industry and the various accounting needs that go along with that.

Puntos en contra

Can be hard to learn at first, but the support and training staff are able to bring users up to speed.

Joelle

Sage 300 CRE Review

Revisado el 26/7/2022

I have used Sage 300 CRE for 3 years and the previous software Timberline for 13 years. I am very happy with the software and would highly recommend it to other companies.

Puntos a favor

The visibility offered across all the financial modules. Job Cost reports give a project overview.
Accounts Payable is very user friendly and far superior to other programs I've used.

Puntos en contra

We are integrated with Procore Construction Software. It would be extremely helpful if Sage 300 was fully integrated across all the financial tools in regards to exporting data. The flow of A/R billing/payment data and A/P invoice/ payment data would greatly impact the ability to manage all aspects of the projects.

Dee
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Needs More User Friendly Features

Revisado el 17/5/2021

We would not purchase it again and would prefer to go back to our old system, but we've invested too much to do that at this time.

Puntos a favor

Widely universal so integration software more readily available with management systems and customer relation software.

Puntos en contra

We came from ComputerEase, which is very user friendly. Sage appears to be outdated. The installation and upgrade process is very time consuming and for most would require hiring their services to install or your IT personnel. The biggest issue we have is the font size. If you try to change the font size in your screen, the windows will distort and you cannot access certain information within Sage, so it strains your eyes to view the information. My other big concern, is that when processing applications for payment within Billing, it will allow you to go over 100% on a scheduled line. If you don't manually check via print preview, you can very likely overbill. Additionally, when voiding applications, there are some major hassles when it comes to stored materials on jobs that don't carry over stored each month. Lastly, if you do not post in the order and timeframe that you are trained to do, it results in a large hassle and time-consuming elimination process. There are several other items that are not favorable, but these are the top ones on our mind most frequently.

Respuesta de Sage Traducir a español

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

Darrin

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Sage is a bit clunky but gets the job done

Revisado el 19/4/2018

Puntos a favor

The separate modules work very good. Certified Payrolls are easily done thru the payroll module. Payables and Receivables modules work nicely, with some help. Has a ton of reports available.

Puntos en contra

Although it has a lot of reports, they are hard to find the one you want/need. The separate modules seem like they came from separate companies sometimes and without an expert help or customer support, it would be really hard to get what you need out of them. I have had to pay for custom reports to be done to get what I need several times.

Beth

Sage 300 CRE

Revisado el 25/5/2022

Overall - excellent experience with Sage. Customer service is excellent and the software does what we need it to do.

Puntos a favor

I like that SAGE 300 CRE is able to work for our company in managing our rental portfolio, new construction jobs, and general ledger accounting.

Puntos en contra

It may take some time to train new employees on the software, as it is so robust, there is a learning curve.

Arianna

Sage for Construction

Revisado el 17/11/2022

Overall experience with Sage is good.

Puntos a favor

There are a lot of options in Sage. Once you get the hang of the software it is pretty easy to use. It is fantastic for reporting and tracking projects start to finish.

Puntos en contra

It is a little dated and can run pretty slow at times.

Brittany

Sage 300 Construction

Revisado el 12/12/2020

It seems like the software has a lot of possibilities but everything seems to be manual and not update automatically. Should have more reports available at purchase vs. needing to have someone create custom reports.

Puntos a favor

Job Cost module is very helpful. It could have options that are more easily accessible to add change orders and paid date on the job cost reports.

Puntos en contra

That the entries in one module don’t post to every other module.

Respuesta de Sage Traducir a español

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Stephen Olawale
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

RELIABLE AND ACCURATE ACCOUNTING SYSTEM FOR THE CONSTRUCTION JOB

Revisado el 9/7/2019

SAGE is an amazing application for preliminary stage cost estimation of construction works, and at the post contract stage, great for project management.

Puntos a favor

Easy to customize for report generation, navigation on the interface is also very easy, the accounting system is very reliable organised and accurate, it’s a versatile and rich application, I think I still need to learn more to maximize the potential of SAGE

Puntos en contra

The customer support needs to be more responsive to questions about some of the application features, the application is a complex one, I think, we need a tutorial program or forums to learn more about this application, so many features I need to know about. Thanks.

evrim

Support could be better

Revisado el 19/7/2022

Support could be better. When I call them it takes too long! We use another software, they have an email support team. Yo email them , and they get back to you pretty fast with answers. If sage has support like that, it would be great. Thanks

it is user friendly
I like the reports

Puntos en contra

Difficult to fix a mistake, takes too long

Maureen
  • Sector: Almacenamiento

sage 300...

Revisado el 6/12/2018

i used it everyday for work task ... its pretty much is easy if you understand how to use it

Puntos a favor

I used this for work job at my office... need to like it because i used it for entering the order of my work duty

Puntos en contra

really need to understandable step by step to be able to use it...

Lori
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Where are the user instructions available for special reports and features?

Puntos a favor

I did not do the integration, that was done by IT and they do not use the same day to day features that most users deal with. I'm sure the system is much easier for the IT people, but it needs to be easy or have instructions available for the every day majority of the users in the office. It seems very easy for day to day use for the majority of the work done in the office, there are just a few reports and features that would be nice to have. Possibly they are available but I'm not sure where to get instructions.

Puntos en contra

We were not provided with any sort of ongoing instructions or help for specific issues that we encountered after we fully implemented and starting using the software. Sometimes it will take a while to get use to something to realize you need other types of reports/information or functions, we had to just learn by trial and error. There is limited space when adding Vendors and no way (at least not know to us) to get rid of a vendor once it is added. We ended up with MANY double entry vendors. Additionally, making a vendor inactive in AP does not stop that vendor from being used in the SM module which creates issues importing. One of the biggest problems we have had is that the PO field allows users to accidentally type in random various characters, such as a / or lower case letters, which causes an error in the program importing. The system does not recognize the random characters which has cause a never ending loop posting. The system should not even allow someone to put in a character it will later not recognize, as we now have no way to get rid of these errors. Even customer service cannot fix the problem. We have POs that now have 492 lines as they are stuck in a loop and every day that we post another line gets added. Also we could use a reference guide on how to run specific reports we desire.

Respuesta de Sage Traducir a español

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Michael

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Sage 300 CRE is an average database system

Revisado el 16/3/2021

Overall, we have used Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) for 15 years. We stick with it because we have invested so much time and money into customizing it and forcing it to work like we want it to work. It is a good database, if you can figure out ways of extracting the data you want (i.e. Access, ODBC, etc.). In general, the software is old and not as dynamic as others on the market, but switching is too much of a painful process to make us jump ship. We will keep sailing (and bailing) with Sage 300 CRE, at least for now.

Puntos a favor

We integrate other estimating and purchasing software for our home building division and that works fairly well. As a database repository, it works well. It is easy to get information in the system and you have a lot of ability to customize and create fields.

Puntos en contra

The reporting tools in Sage 300 CRE are not good. Getting information out of the system has always been our challenge. We end up extracting the data via other tools and creating our own reports in other tools (i.e. excel). The financial statement and other report writing tools are not easy to work with, and frequently have issues that need to be corrected (or acknowledged... still not sure why Sage can not figure out how to round properly to make a balance sheet balance)...

Melody
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

Sage 300 Only Software You Will Need

Revisado el 16/3/2021

Our company has been with first Timberline then Sage 300 which we started in 1997 with our original setup.
We have always been happy with the product and have attended seminars and workshops that really make a difference in new ways to use the software.

Puntos a favor

Our company uses Sage 300 exclusively for Construction, Job Cost, Property Management , Financial Statements and Payroll. Every aspect integrates with what we need. We do export and use Excel with the Sage 300 when needed.

Puntos en contra

Unless you really familiarize yourself with the report writing, that can be difficult.

Larry

1990s product still held together with duct tape

Puntos a favor

I have experience with it and can cope with it.

Puntos en contra

It's insane that recording transactions in AP need to be separately posted in other modules. It's crazy that I can't run a general ledger transaction report with a job number. Why do we have to purchase separate software (Office Connector) in order to extract data with the flexibility we need? If I run are report and print it from the report menu, you shut the menu down and make me reselect all of the filters, is this intentional just to piss me off? Why can't I resize and save the screens such as the AP invoice inquiry screen or the GL inquiry entry screen? Why are so many screens kept as small as possible so that I am forced to function like I'm looking through a key hole(GL Change Entries) Why can't I enlarge that screen so I can see the full line of data and a much larger list of lines? This program needs to be at least brought into the 21st century if you can't get it modernized to today's standards. We are seriously considering modern software such as CMIC.

Dani
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Robust by antiquated

Revisado el 6/12/2016

Sage 300 CRE is a very detailed system but needs a complete revamping. It is able to store a lot of pieces of information, but getting them out of the system require a lot of work. When I evaluate software, I look at how many steps (clicks) it takes to accomplish my task. Sage is the absolute worst of all the software options available. Unfortunately our accounting has been using it forever and the cost to change would be too expensive right now. It can best be described as a Windows 95 database because that's what I think of every time I have to use it.

Puntos a favor

Able to store a vast amount of information. Everything is broken down into modules and works well with multiple users. Does allow for customization of certain tables and modules.

Puntos en contra

Requires too much work to get to what I need. Tables of data cannot be sorted. For example, a list of contacts on a project cannot be sorted. They are listed in order of entry, which means I have to scroll through an entire list to find a contact. Same goes for some drop down lists. If I don't know the person's name, I can't search. I have to scroll through the list one click at a time because the scroll bars on the side don't scroll proportionally. One click on a side scroll bar takes you down 75% of the bar even if the list is really long.

Getting information from the system requires customized reports, which you either pay for or get trained in Crystal Reports. I used to use Quickbooks Enterprise and was able to get more relevant information faster and easier than I do from Sage. Some of the screens can be expanded but do not show more information. It just creates more blank space so I spend a lot of time scrolling to get to what I need. The system as a whole is very out-dated. Search options are very basic...can't search for MEDICAL if the contact is entered as GREATER AREA MEDICAL CENTER. You would have to know it starts with GREATER AREA.

Jennifer

Newbie Controller Review

Revisado el 16/8/2021

As a prior QuickBooks user (at another company) the transition to Sage 300 was ideal. The logic behind Sage 300 is very clear and simple. There really is no overthinking when it came to designing this product.
Sometimes there are glitches or "speed bumps" but those are always overcome with a call to support.

Puntos a favor

I like that there are many work arounds and alternate ways to "get what I need". For example, If someone is in AP, I can generate a report that I need by going to IA. I can also trust but verify results by running multiple reports and annotating their correlation and reconiliation.

Puntos en contra

I wish there were automatically more User licenses available for the AP and JC module. We are a SME and often run into the issue where two staff members need to be in AP or JC at the same time. They are performing separate functions too.
For example, if I am cutting checks in AP my accounting assistant has to wait until that task is done before she can export new invoices from Paperless into AP.
Perhaps, based on either sales volume or entity size, more licensing can be included with our renewal each year at no additional cost.

Ken

Missing some basic functionality

Revisado el 16/3/2021

I don't use the construction-specific components of this software (e.g. Job Costing) and, therefore, what's left is a very basic system which omits standard functionality found in other systems. In addition to the above, we have multiple databases setup which do not talk to each other, requiring key tables like vendor lists to be maintained in multiple places. This may be the result of bad advice from our consultant, but since they're supposed to be Sage experts, I think that reflects poorly on Sage as well.

Puntos a favor

The Sage Desktop makes it easy to maneuver in the software. It's fairly easy to import and export data.

Puntos en contra

Need separate software to print checks (not native to Sage). Not able to drill-down in reports. Difficulty with handling multiple users - when one user is viewing a report on screen, other users cannot login. Future period balance sheets which cross a fiscal year are difficult to create because of how retained earnings is posted. Unable to tell the current period when entering report parameters.

Janna

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Catch up with the present!

Revisado el 16/3/2021

Having worked with several different programs, for the most part, it is no worse or better than another. They all have their issues, but Sage is definitely not a program you can just 'step into'.

Puntos a favor

It was in place when I started working here and is fairly easy to use once you learn the quirks. It does well for Job Cost Accounting.

Puntos en contra

The fact that simple things, like making a GL account inactive are not available. We have been using this software for MANY years and the fact that we cannot remove unneeded accounts, payroll deductions, and codes is ridiculous! It makes it cumbersome and a nightmare to pull some reports!

The fact that SAGE ERP doesn't even talk to SAGE Accounting says a LOT!

James

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Good product, frustrating reporting, is Sage looking forward?

Revisado el 13/8/2021

Solid ERP software. Expensive to get all the "bells and whistles". Requires work outside the software to get useful information efficiently.

Puntos a favor

Once trained, easy to use. Good security policies in place to allow multiple users with access to only what they need.

Puntos en contra

Cumbersome to get information out. If you want Job information about an AP invoice, you need to look at two different inquiries because the job info is in the Job Cost database while you are looking in the Accounts Payable database, or vice versa. Even with daily time entry, the Payroll module doesn't offer an inquiry or report to get daily info about an employee (Job charged to, EQ used, etc.) Finally, why doesn't Sage have any plans to develop a 64-bit ODBC driver? The whole world is going to 64-bit Windows platforms, but have to use 32-bit Spreadsheet software to use the ODBC connection to access the information that should be available from within the software itself.

Kathy
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Sage 300

Revisado el 17/3/2021

I have always believed in the product. Enough that I worked as a consulting for 9 years.

Puntos a favor

I like the way that these modules cover most of the activities that I need. Reporting flexibility and program stability have always been good.

Puntos en contra

I would like to see scheduling features included, purchasing fully integrated, eventually cloud-based. I would like to be able to make g/l accounts inactive. I have been having problems with module licenses and .lck. It needs updating to compete with newer programs and contact with support almost always requires a 45 minute wait.

Davin

Accurate and Reliable with Minor Drawbacks

Revisado el 5/12/2018

The software does what you need it to do for daily accounting functions with minimal crashes or delays. However, the reporting function needs to be updated to a usable format so that it takes the end user less time to gain the information needed.

Puntos a favor

The software is very reliable and there are very few hiccups in day to day use.
It's also very handy to have features such as:
- Attaching documents/invoices to an AP or Journal Entry
- Recurring journal entries
- Project Coding

Puntos en contra

I find the interface layout to be a little archaic. It is not very modern in comparison to other accounting software.
A troublesome area is when making entries in the General Ledger module, the entries are not reflected in the AP, Bank, or AR modules. However, making entries in the AP, Bank, or AR modules are transferred correctly in the GL.
Lastly, the reports that are generated by Sage 300 can be put into Excel 97-2003 only. Furthermore, the reports are generated in a very complex manner with poor formatting and many merged cells. Trying to manipulate and sort data can take a long time.
It would be very helpful to be able to search/filter through Sage by the invoice/document number. The only option to do this is to either export the data to Excel, or search by vendor.

Eric
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Accounting software made easy

Revisado el 16/8/2021

The benefits from using this software have proved to be profitable for our business. Project Managers are now more engaged on the financial side of things.

Puntos a favor

The process of integrating this software into our business was simple and intuitive. The software integrates perfectly with our cloud based construction management software Procore.

Puntos en contra

I wish it was cloud based. I believe it will be soon, but at the time we implemented the software it wasn't.

Alternativas consideradas

Viewpoint Team

Razones para elegir Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Old software did not scale

Razones para cambiar a Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Integration was Procore was exceptional
Denise

Sage 300 CRE

Revisado el 19/3/2021

Overall, Sage CRE300 does a good job with accounting and job cost reporting. Data entry is easy to navigate through.

Puntos a favor

Software is easy to navigate, although menu items are not always is a place that seems intiutive to look until you've used it for a while.

Puntos en contra

General Ledger and Job Cost items do not always post automatically. This makes no sense to me, because it causes the GL or JC to get out of balance. There is a manually posting option, but this is an extra step that I've never had to use in any other software. I used Timberline as a DOS based product in the 19990's and this same out of balance issue existed then.

Lori
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

Great Product

Puntos a favor

Sage 300 has been our software for our division for the past 14 years. Sage has adapted to all of the necessary payroll changes through out the years. Anytime we have had issues/troubles, Sage was always there to support us and get the issue resolved in a very timely manner.

Puntos en contra

The inability of multiple people processing and posting payroll at the same time. In order to process and post the master file cannot be in use. This may very well be a control in place by our corporate office, but it seems senseless to not have the ability to have multiple users at the same time processing payroll.